The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Matt Cooke suspended for 7 games

AriGold

No matter what the league does here, it's BS. The league will continue to punish players like Cooke and Torres excessively while players like Brown and Lucic go relatively unpunished. For all the crap they pull, Lucic has two 1-game suspensions in his career, while Brown has one 2-game suspension. FFS, Hansen and Edler have more of a record than Lucic and Brown do. Am I supposed to believe than Hansen and Edler are dirtier players than Lucic and Brown?

Kassian has more suspensions for being an idiot than Lucic and Brown do for actually being dirty.

I suspect that Cooke will get more games than he should to balance out the suspensions that the league doesn't make, and then the league can point to the large suspensions of players like Cooke and Torres, and say 'We're watching out for player safety. Look at the huge 20 game suspension we gave Torres'.

It's BS. All of it. Pre-Shanahan, Peri-Shanahan, and Post-Shanahan.

+100

AND:

Cooke was heart and soul for us for many years. This is still one of my fav goals:

not saying it's accidental but Cooke did change his ways

54 pim 2013/2014

36 pim 2012/2013

44 pim 2011/2012

129 pim 2010/2011

106 pim 2009/2010

101 pim 2008/2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Cooke

2011 Playoffs and Regular Season he ended his Season with a 10 game suspension plus 1 round and he was one of the few players that actually followed through and changed his game something Torres took a littler longer figuring out seems like he has been good in SJ

of course he has a reputation just like Torres does so anything they do people label them as a goon and should be out of hockey the point is both players are decent hockey players unlike guys like Carcillo and Cooke did go out of his way to change how he played playing all the way up until now with 0 incidents ( unless you count the Karlsson skate cut)

He hasn't changed a bit, just been hiding behind the Penguin immunity shield, lets see what happens now that he isn't on the dirty birds anymore.

He was not trying to hurt him. It was a situation where he missed the hit and was going to be beat cleanly. So instinct is to do something to stop him. Unfortunately it was his knee and it ilhit Barrie's knee. A couple games

:huh: this is Matt Cooke, his only reason for being on the ice is to injure someone, he is a predator plain and simple, like an alligator he waits for a chance then strikes.

Sorry, how many games did Bickell get for his knee on Sobotka? Wasn't pretty either. But that's how this league rolls.

All the people demanding lifetime bans are insane. He hasn't been suspended since 2011. 3 years! Give the guy credit, he changed his game around big time and one stupid play shouldn't diminish that fact.

But it will, we all know it will. If bickell got 0 games, I think Cooke deserves 3. But it's obviously going to be more because of his name, even with all the work he's done to clean up. I sense an appeal coming shortly after the 10 game suspension.

gotta agree .. he had really turned it around .. no excuse though ... he did the crime , now he should have to do the time

exactly i am not saying he is a clean player or anything but he did turn it around

He seems to develop a taste for young right handed d men. Corrado better watch his back, just sayin.

Karlsson was an accident hence no fine hence no suspension they could of easily tossed a 5 game suspension at Cooke for that guess what they didn't

Kassian did the exact same thing and has a bad history as well could of easily gotten him a couple of games except no suspension

so don't post the Karlsson incident and act like he did that on purpose

exactly i am not saying he is a clean player or anything but he did turn it around

Karlsson was an accident hence no fine hence no suspension they could of easily tossed a 5 game suspension at Cooke for that guess what they didn't

Kassian did the exact same thing and has a bad history as well could of easily gotten him a couple of games except no suspension

No accident, why was his foot turned sideways and a foot off the ice? He raises his leg trying to drive his knee into the back of the other players leg on a regular basis.

LOL you think that was an accident? It was, like all Matt Cooke hits, very intentional. Then there is also the Nichuskin hit.

Using that logic, I guess what Lucic did to DeKeyser was clean and unintentional because there was no penalty...

Needed him badly against LA 2 years ago.......

Yup. Screw Drew Doughty.

Archived