The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion- PK. SUBBAN

before I start, this is just for fun. Realistically if Subban ever did come to the Canucks, how much do you think we would have to pay/trade to get him?

I personally think we could let him walk to free agents and then many sign him to a cheaper deal, knowing that his brother is in the system.

what do you guys think?

thank you, Cheers

GO NUCKS

kesler, first, shinkaruk

hes a norris winner and a fan favourite... probly the second or third best offensive d-man behind karlsson and keith. if we had to re-sign him it would be for 8+ mill.

which would still be better than paying 9 million for edler+garrison.

Then wouldn't it make sense to ship out a defender making 4+ mil? With Subban, we'd have Garrison Hammer Bieksa and Edler making 4+ mil. And likely Tanev making 2.5 - 3 mil. A lot of dollar bills sitting in our defence that can't really play defence.

Depends if Montreal has issues getting him under contract. If we can offer up Edler++, it makes our team much better. Subban can change the course of a game with his skillset. I'd absolutely love to have him here if it's doable.

First off Montreal will re-sign Subban, but IF they were to put him on the market you can bet they'd get a much better return than a deal that centers around Edler

Then wouldn't it make sense to ship out a defender making 4+ mil? With Subban, we'd have Garrison Hammer Bieksa and Edler making 4+ mil. And likely Tanev making 2.5 - 3 mil. A lot of dollar bills sitting in our defence that can't really play defence.

he asked what it would take to get subban, not how to balance this team, im aware of our 4 defenceman making 4+ mill - this is hypothetical and it will never happen.

instead of pointing out the obvious you should try contributing there chief.

Archived