The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Personal Hygiene at work

gmen81

I work for Canada Post and in the morning we got to our station and sort the mail for that day. I am an RLC meaning I move around from walk to walk each week. There is one guy at work who just had bad B.O. You would get a whiff of him as he walks by you.

Not having to work near him much it never really bothered me that much, but now I was able to get a long term position and will have to work beside him. He is actually on inside duties cuz he got hurt at work, but before that I would gag sometimes from the stench.

I want to say something to my supervisor, but I don't at the same time, because he would know as all of a sudden I'm working next to him.

Any suggestions on what I should do? And no I won't say it to him either.

I work for Canada Post and in the morning we got to our station and sort the mail for that day. I am an RLC meaning I move around from walk to walk each week. There is one guy at work who just had bad B.O. You would get a whiff of him as he walks by you.

Not having to work near him much it never really bothered me that much, but now I was able to get a long term position and will have to work beside him. He is actually on inside duties cuz he got hurt at work, but before that I would gag sometimes from the stench.

I want to say something to my supervisor, but I don't at the same time, because he would know as all of a sudden I'm working next to him.

Any suggestions on what I should do? And no I won't say it to him either.

Why don't you post your credit card information while you're at it?

You aren't allowed to give someone the "power shower" anymore?

Oh there are many good ways to "encourage" someone to take a shower. None of which would be acceptable in this case.

Also the term "power shower" has more than one usage 90% of which are not encouraged (anymore)

Some people just don't care about how they smell and assuming he's one, he likely won't wear deodorant or shower more even if you ask him to. My old friend's parents, who were French hippies, are like that.

I'm not even sure your supervisor could do anything.

Some people just don't care about how they smell and assuming he's one, he likely won't wear deodorant or shower more even if you ask him to. My old friend's parents, who were French hippies, are like that.

Which is why the OP should talk to the supervisor. Supervisors have a way of making people care.

I'm not even sure your supervisor could do anything.

It's weird cuz if you were meeting the guy for the first time you totally wouldn't expect him to stink.

I'd douse myself in cologne or perfume and hope that it somehow transfers onto him as he's working beside me

OR, here me out, do this to the point where it is unbearable, if they point it out, you can make a deal with them that you will stop wearing so much cologne if they stop not being clean. Bam. Logic.

OR, here me out, do this to the point where it is unbearable, if they point it out, you can make a deal with them that you will stop wearing so much cologne if they stop not being clean. Bam. Logic.

It would be simpler to have the conversation earlier if you were going to go that route.

Archived