The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's What Shinkaruk did on One Hip

BureisBest

the nucks will ensure he has a good workout regimen to fix / strengthen the hip, Kesler came back fine. He's also young which helps healing..if he takes his time and rehabs properly he will likely come back stronger and faster.

don't forget he's still growing so he should actually put on more muscle and strength in the next 4-6 years...which is only a good thing....

worst thing the nucks could do is rush him, which i am sure they will not...

Man he definitely has some Patrick Kane in him hey?

lol..wow...this kid is gonna be our next one folks

His release is actually unreal....for those who play hockey, you'll get what I am talking about. In that highlight package, that goal against Lundquist in the preseason was pretty much the same goal Patrick Kane scored a few nights back...

Actually can't believe this kid fell to us and ya, I love Horvat and think he will be a great number 2c (maybe push number 1) but this kid is going to be the one that gets us out of our seats.

That was a good vid.

He has all the looks of Patrick Kane that's for sure. As for size, depending on the source, he's around 5'11" and 180 lbs, which is about where Kane is at. His speed and shiftiness should help him avoid some tough spots.

What does concern me a little bit is that in his last five seasons of hockey, he's missed two full seasons due to injury. Hopefully it's not a harbinger of things to come.

The kid has the skill and cockiness our team needs and I can't wait to see him at training camp.

so he is behind 2 years development if he can make it up he could turn out to be much much better than we expect.

Why was he playing on one hip? Is he stupid?

- I didn't see much apart from empty net

tip ins.

He played through the injury because he wanted to make Team Canada World Jr team as it was his last chance to do so. Soon after not making the team, he opted for surgery.

Small size was the knock on him. I believe he's 5'10, which by any means, is not "small". Some players play bigger than their size and some people don't even use their size. Size is overrated.

I hope Schroeder AND Shinkaruk have good years in their respective clubs. They both have skill but just needs to be translated into the NHL.

He is small but not Schroeder small. Schroeder is like 5'7-5'8 and Shinkaruk is 5'10-5'11 (P.Kane size).

Regardless of this issue, that much of a drop was still surprising.

I think he had some separate injury issues towards the end of last year that may have contributed to his fall in the draft. It's somewhere in "Hunter Shinkaruk Talk" in the prospects section. Whatever the case, I'm glad we got him. And he can get rehab advice from Lack as well as Kesler, so he should be fine. I'm expecting him to be the first callup from Utica next year, but if he has another good camp, anything is possible.

Man, those pink jerseys were horrendous. I don't watch Junior hockey, so don't know if it was a cancer-related special jersey or some team actually wears that half the time. Freakin ugly, IMO. The kid could be something special. Sure like to see more of him soon... when he is ready.

Seeing those two press on goals is amazing. The one on SJS was just filthy. All I can think watching him play is, don't let him play with Kesler, give this kid a center who will dish him the puck

How about Leon? He definitely knows how to pass a puck on a dime.

Archived