The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

30 Years Later, Microsoft Recovers Buried E.T. Atari Cartridges

J529

i'm guessing the packaging back then was the folded wax paper like it was when i was a youngin (if it was wrapped at all), meaning theres no way the water didn't completely destroy every card. you'd be lucky to find any trace of them at this point.

Probably.

But I also read once that they may have been inside a metal container as well. Depending on how well it held up there could be something left. Also, if they weren't already in wax packs they could have been tightly boxed together and that could protect the inside cards quite well, in the same way 100 year old newspapers can be taken out of a landfill and read easily.

As for collectors, even if there was severe damage, being one of those mythic cards would be worth quite a bit.

Probably.

But I also read once that they may have been inside a metal container as well. Depending on how well it held up there could be something left. Also, if they weren't already in wax packs they could have been tightly boxed together and that could protect the inside cards quite well, in the same way 100 year old newspapers can be taken out of a landfill and read easily.

As for collectors, even if there was severe damage, being one of those mythic cards would be worth quite a bit.

i wonder why noone has tried to recover them... though i guess you'd probably find jimmy hoffa around the same area...

Probably.

They would have negative value due to the environmental requirements for dumping them now if anything.

Unless you can think of some hipster doucher use for them like ironically using them as drink coasters or something for a buck a piece then there is no real use for them.

Btw when I was a kid on x-mas after everyone went to sleep I went under the tree and was feeling around for santas unwrapped gift. I wanted a atari so when I saw this black looking box with slots and a power chord I thought for sure it was it. So I quietly took it to my room, turned on the lights and found out it was just a battery charger haha. I just remembered that after looking at that atari pic.

Archived