The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A 765 lb woman trying to lose 200 lbs...

Dazzle

If she looses 200 and then gets surgery to lose even more wouldn't she just end up looking like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers after his weight loss? Or do they fix the excess skin issue in that specific surgery?

loose-skin-at-calf.jpg

As pitiful as her current state is, I admire the fact that she is attempting to lose weight amidst the fad of "You can be healthy at any size, quit fat shaming!".

Who knows, that guy might actually love her. I don't think it's our place to comment.

Too many folks have devolved into a level of 'cretinous indifference' to their fellow man, that all they can do is mock and look for fault in others so as to make themselves feel superior .. how sad.

If she looses 200 and then gets surgery to lose even more wouldn't she just end up looking like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers after his weight loss? Or do they fix the excess skin issue in that specific surgery?

Lots of people that go through heavy weight loss get surgery to remove excess skin. Don't know if this particular procedure includes that, my guess is they would do it afterwards.

Too many folks have devolved into a level of 'cretinous indifference' to their fellow man, that all they can do is mock and look for fault in others so as to make themselves feel superior .. how sad.

devolved? No. This is the way it's been for generations. I don't usually go out of my way to slam someone, but if it's deserved, so be it. There is so much wrong with this situation, it's tricky where to start.

When a person get's to 765 pounds, they deserve some ridicule. They are putting unnecessary strain on the healthcare system, not to mention the food supply. :lol:

I hope for your sake you aren't serious

It seems that you're replying to the wrong person, although drummer may in fact be parroting what Glassjaw said.

It's tempting to be really judgmental as I have been in this thread. I have to give credit to that 21 year old man for seeing love beyond reason.

You know what, I take it back. I'm going to judge her for the reasons below.

I have never been a fan of shaming people, regardless of the reason. It's probably a better idea to worry about your own life first.

Not to mention this wouldn't even be a notable story if she wasn't over 700 lbs. I am sure many people have already told her that being that overweight could have health consequences, so it's good to see she is trying to lose some weight.

Lots of people marry relatives and have much younger partners, it's more common than many realize.

If they are consenting adults, who are we to judge their actions?

If she first met "Jimmy" (age eight) when she was twenty-five, and she's now thirty eight, with an eighteen year old daughter that's shared with them, that would mean that statutory rape would've been involved.

However, The math doesn't add up.

38 years old - 18 year old daughter = 20 years old when she allegedly started to have sex with Jimmy.

She claims to have met him when she was 25 years old and he was 8. Something's fishy.

Either that kid isn't Jimmy's (a definite possibility, although the article states with certain that the kid belongs to Jimmy) or she is a rapist (statutory).

Either way, it is implied that they had sex way before he was 16 years old, judging from the time line of the birth of "Charly". So you know what? I think we have a right to judge her now.

Such a sick woman.

It seems that you're replying to the wrong person, although drummer may in fact be parroting what Glassjaw said.

It's tempting to be really judgmental as I have been in this thread. I have to give credit to that 21 year old man for seeing love beyond reason.

wha? i was being sarcastic

any judgment i pass on these matters is due to my being a jerk, not because i feel i'm doing the person a service because they DESERVE judgment

wha? i was being sarcastic

any judgment i pass on these matters is due to my being a jerk, not because i feel i'm doing the person a service because they DESERVE judgment

Typical jerk response. Lol.

I thought glassjaw's sarcasm was fairly obvious, but I don't have a good enough handle on drummer's humour as of yet.

Also, while you seem to focus more on the numbers (which I admit I overlooked), I was referring to the uncalled for attitude towards this woman as if she isn't sick. She is undeniably mentally and physically ill and I believe that calls for a level of sensitivity towards her appearance, which is a result of her illness.

Lots of people are making 'jokes' about her appearance and I think it's the natural reaction of shock. Some people say stupid things, despite the fact that it could very well be deemed insensitive. You're right.

Some have the morbid curiosity about how she goes to the washroom or how she has sex. It's not appropriate to mention it but it doesn't mean people don't think it.

There are those who may think about it but don't say it - they might be more 'refined' people but it doesn't mean that they are necessarily better people.

I have never been a numbers guy but us two could expand our good intentions into the next generation. ;)

Lots of people are making 'jokes' about her appearance and I think it's the natural reaction of shock. Some people say stupid things, despite the fact that it could very well be deemed insensitive. You're right.

Some have the morbid curiosity about how she goes to the washroom or how she has sex. It's not appropriate to mention it but it doesn't mean people don't think it.

There are those who may think about it but don't say it - they might be more 'refined' people but it doesn't mean that they are necessarily better people.

I have never been a numbers guy but us two could expand our good intentions into the next generation. ;)

She's taken

She's taken

Sorry, I guess I should have made it clear. I actually knew she was taken and from a guy on this board - if I'm not mistaken, it was you :P

I don't mean any disrespect by typing that; I was just fooling around. :)

If she is that ill, and obese, excess skin she can live with for a while.

I thought about posting something along the lines of what many others have done here. Something slightly mean or so... But many responses got me thinking I shouldn't do so.

In any case, I was more shocked by the story itself than he size. Sounded like a pretty twisted family-to-be.

In other news; I always get a bit upset when people defend someone like this, and judge people for saying harsh things, when a person with a situation like this comes out and makes her life visible and known 'to all'. If she doesn't wan't to be acclaimed or criticized - do not tell everyone!

Archived