The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 CDC STHS Hockey League Draft

I'll offer a compromise. At 4 you can choose to be skipped. At that point, Lupul is allowed to pick, as are every team after that is present until Dis shows up to make the pick.

No guarantee the guy he wants is still available by the time he's back, but it may be better than getting bpa'd

How is that a compromise?

If you guys are gonna be hard core about this, I'll just pick. It's dis that's gonna get screwed here, not me.

You guys are so strict.

the pick has been up for so long...

We should have more than one trade poster during the draft imo.

I volunteer. Maybe we could get a few mo'

I believe the problem is Dis never confirmed the deal in the pm

How are we getting silly? There is no grey area. It's a set deadline and we have had lots of time for trades. If Dis never confirmed he isn't getting screwed because if that pick is BPA'd he could easily not confirm.

If we're gonna get silly, how about I give him an hour of my time this round for half my time next round.

I was offering an alternative. At this point I don't see why an unconfirmed trade needs to delay the draft longer than it has already. If other gm's feel Dis/you deserve the 30 min extension, we can see about something

I volunteer as well. My only stipulation, I can edit the trades.

lol I'd be fine with people posting trades in the thread, like was done in the mock draft HYD did, but they need to be re-posted in the league thread by cm imo

It hasn't delayed the draft, the delay we're talking about here would be about 30 minutes (assuming he's back when he said). Taking the allotted time to make your pick is perfectly reasonable, I don't know why you consider taking the full time 'delaying'. If that's your problem, talk to VC about the overall times.

But if we're gonna get all antsy about this I'll just pick.

It hasn't delayed the draft, the delay we're talking about here would be about 30 minutes (assuming he's back when he said). Taking the allotted time to make your pick is perfectly reasonable, I don't know why you consider taking the full time 'delaying'. If that's your problem, talk to VC about the overall times.

But if we're gonna get all antsy about this I'll just pick.

It will delay the draft at 4:01, when it goes beyond your allotted time. My point is that there has been so much time to prevent this, I don't see why you need 30 more minutes

It will delay the draft at 4:01, when it goes beyond your allotted time. My point is that there has been so much time to prevent this, I don't see why you need 30 more minutes

Ahhhhh being delayed is so much torture for this fantasy hockey. IT WILL NOT STAND.

Josh Anderson.

Now quick! Everyone pick lest we delay! (and by delay I mean actually take the time you have to pick)

I never complained about using your time till 4pm, its the extension that was the issue. Everyone follows the same rules, "the universe doesn't revolve around you" as you like to say.

I pretty much have no life and am checking this thread every 20 minutes so I don't mind being able to help out with trades. It makes sense so we don't run into this problem again. I do agree that no one should get their time extended just cuz the other GM hadn't confirmed a trade.

I never complained about using your time till 4pm, its the extension that was the issue. Everyone follows the same rules, "the universe doesn't revolve around you" as you like to say.

Yes you did. But whatever, focus on your pick, not me.

Archived