The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crawford or Quinn?

Snake Doctor

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you serious about Quinn as a possible choice? Guy can hardly walk without a walker for his ring of honour ceremony. Respect Quinn but to quote the outgoing coach this is a 'young man's game' ... a bit of truth even in the coaching position.

Your list is terrible! No retread coaches, find a young and upcoming, let the team grow with him. Blashill if Det gives Linden permission.

It's amusing how you say my list is terrible yet offer no alternatives. :lol:

For those who wants Crawford, what are you smoking? No more candidates for coaches who are riding on winning a Stanley Cup 10+ years ago.

Just for those who have short memory. After Crawford left Vancouver, he went to LA for 2 seasons, missed playoffs for both and was fired. Then he went to Dallas for 2 seasons and missed playoffs for both and was fired.

Seriously, what is it about Crawford that you've seen that gets you all excited about having him come back?

Wow, the internet has you fired up today. Take a deep breath. :lol:

Canucks need a manager first then a coach unless Linden is going to also be GM.

There is one thing that bothers me about Linden as president and that is that for some reason Mike Keenan traded Linden.

Keenan had always said its about the fans and players need to respect that.

why are we living in the 1990 or 1998 eras even suggesting we get quinn or crawford? sure let's rush out, get bertuzzi back. grab morrison. bryan allen, etc. just revamp into all former canucks?? NO! this team needs a major identity change!!! Torts said it best, the team is STALE!

Canucks need a manager first then a coach unless Linden is going to also be GM.

There is one thing that bothers me about Linden as president and that is that for some reason Mike Keenan traded Linden.

Keenan had always said its about the fans and players need to respect that.

With how things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bring-down-Bure's-number night. What a circus show.

along that line of thought i'm thinking bill laforge or mike keenan, see how ridiculous this can get...

Haha! Linden hires Mike Keanan.

Only then would I believe a Cup to Vancouver could be a possibility.

Haha! Linden hires Mike Keanan.

Only then would I believe a Cup to Vancouver could be a possibility.

he would hire him then fire him shortly after...Punk'd

Trotz,no way! 1 year of watching boring as hell trap hockey was enough for a lifetime!

Hire the GM first,then he picks his own coach.

Mike Johnston.

Yeah, it's pretty exciting times again.

Lots of material to spitball!

I was really disappointed when Phoenix locked up Tippett last summer, and the Canucks decided to roll with the Tortorella experiment.

But this summer, again, there are a number of candidates that would be hard to argue with... Johnston, Trotz, Stevens....

It's gonna be very interesting to see what Linden et al assemble. I'd be curious if he has some kind of agreement in prinicple with Benning and a consensus to let Tortorella go, or if he made the decision himself based upon the questionable strategic and on-ice decisions that Tortorella made, combined with exit interviews?

Do you think Pat Quinn or Marc Crawford could come back and take the head coaching job in Vancouver? If so, would they be effective. The Blue Jays brought back John Gibbons and this year they are playing much better.

Are you serious or idiot?

why the hell would anyone want mclellan?! so we can lose conference finals? so we can be the 5th team to blow a 3-0 series lead? so we can hire another coach that doesnt fit in Van? god i hope im wrong but i see no improvement from torts if we hire mclellan, if theres improvement it'll be because linden brought in some good players. Mclellan is another coach that has proven incapable of getting it done in the playoffs, we just got rid of the last guy that had the same symptoms.

For those who wants Crawford, what are you smoking? No more candidates for coaches who are riding on winning a Stanley Cup 10+ years ago.Just for those who have short memory. After Crawford left Vancouver, he went to LA for 2 seasons, missed playoffs for both and was fired. Then he went to Dallas for 2 seasons and missed playoffs for both and was fired.Seriously, what is it about Crawford that you've seen that gets you all excited about having him come back?

The Crow has been a beast with the ZSC Lions this year. His team has dominated completely.

The Crow has been a beast with the ZSC Lions this year. His team has dominated completely.

So what. He's not that good of coach. See his stints in Dallas and LA and before anyone tries to point out he won Cup, it wasn't because of him or superior coaching. Remember who was on that roster, talent and HOFer's. Many on here have such thing for him because he's former player here.

No thanks to Quinn or Crow. I'd prefer Stevens if he's still available, but from that list, I'll take Trotz.

Stevens, the guy Gillis wanted to hire. frack that.

Archived