The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crawford or Quinn?

Snake Doctor

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about Crawford head coach Oats and Trotz his assistants B)

Crawford was a very one dimensional coach. He really didn't seem to have much depth to his ability to adapt his coaching style. Yes, I know he won a Stanley Cup with Colorado, but a half witted Chimp could have brought that team successfully to the cup. He has not really accomplished anything of notice since!

Personally, I think John Stevens from Los Angeles will be the next coach of the team.

Honestly, I think it's pretty hard to pick a new coach without knowing what went wrong this season and the last 2 playoff exits.

Sure people have opinions on what was wrong, but I don't think anyone has a real answer. Hence a clean slate.

So IMO the next coach is a crap shoot. Chances are who ever it is, will benefit from players wanting to prove themselves again.

Overall the choices are good and will probably be others before the playoffs finish. Like they were last off-season. Relative to a few years back when the choices would have been Noel, Arneil and MacTavish.

Please, no way Quinn should coach the Canucks. The Canuck alumni at a charity event sure, but Pat's too old for the real Canucks. I say no way he ever coachs again in the NHL. Maybe he gets a crack at assistant coach if he'd take that posistion but I doubt he'd be offered that also.

McLellan coming off that epic choke job would be awkward. Bad momentum there.

Trotz looks too KGB for me.

I might be crazy but maybe Crawford would be a good hire.

So what. He's not that good of coach. See his stints in Dallas and LA and before anyone tries to point out he won Cup, it wasn't because of him or superior coaching. Remember who was on that roster, talent and HOFer's. Many on here have such thing for him because he's former player here.

Stevens, the guy Gillis wanted to hire. frack that.

Gotta be fair I thought LA was pretty awful when he took over and his last season in Dallas he had 93 or 94 points (forget the record) and barely missed the playoffs and that wasn't exactly with a powerhouse Dallas team at the time either.

Regardless of roster its silly to nit pick and say "so & so would have won with that team" does that diminish all the cups Bowman won since he had extremely good teams where ever he coached? What about Quennville etc etc Sure the final was Florida (hey you can't always pick your opponent) but he also had to beat a really good Detroit team and Chicago & Vancouver to get to the final.

Crow might be an interesting choice as he at least played an entertaining brand of hockey under his watch but the organization will probably choose to distance itself from the whole moore incident and give someone a whirl who is an up & coming coach.

Does Renalds Kenins (sp) player for the team Crow coaches?

Joel Quenneville was an assistant under Crawford when he was in Colorado, and he uses a lot of the same tactics that Crow did when he was in Quebec/Colorado and Vancouver.

I don't mind having Marc Crawford back in Vancouver, at least he knows how to run a power play.

A half decent power play would fix so many of the Canucks' scoring issues.

Archived