The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Thread

PlayStation

I would love if they scrapped the whole overalls from be a GM, or gave you an option to hide them. Kept the whole "top 6 forward" "3rd line scorer" tags etc.

Would be a hell of a lot more challenging, you'd have to base signings and trades on points, age, contract, roles, etc.

Overalls is something that makes it so easy that you can pull off those trades for top picks because you know your 23 year old rookies already 86 overall and you can bring him up. Would be more challenging having to bring up a total question mark and assessing from their play, then deciding to keep them permanently and trade away a veteran to make room or send the kid back down.

Free agency I used to snag all the higher level old guys for cheap, dump em in minors, help develop my prospects and have the old good guys ready to bring up incase of injuries or I decide to trade away my core guy for picks or just throw them in extra to acquire a higher overall forward because I know I have those guys down there who can easily fill in. Having the question marks about overalls would really change how you approach every move.

Yea I agree. The game gets a little too easy at times. I try to make things harder by not allowing myself to sing prospects so that I can only rely on my own drafts and trades.

I would like it if we could re-sign players before their contract is up and I wish contract demands weren't based on overall but rather performance. Like my 86 overall backup goalie only had like 30 starts in 3 years since I was grooming him behind ward but demanded 6M when I had to re-sign him.

Also has anyone noticed that every young sniper has a maxed out shooting category? My strategy is to go after 3-3.5 star snipers since they're always cheap and score 30-40 goals. It's unrealistic though since every sniper you see is better than stamkos. Wtf EA?

The one thing I do like about BEAGM is that you have to give up a lot for a stud player especially if it's on hard trade difficulty. I had to trade

Nathan Beaulieu (83 OVR, 4 gold star)

Andrej Sekera (84 OVR)

Ryan Murphy (78 OVR, 4 gold star)

Zacha (4 gold star prospect)

1st round pick

For

Zach Bogosian (89 OVR)

Computer never accepts pending UFA's in mine. Could be eric Staal for a 7th and they'd still decline

At the draft it never works, but at the TD it seems to work fine.

And I also made a suggestion to get rid of/hide overalls in NHL 15. However, they will need overalls for online OTP/EASHL.

At the draft it never works, but at the TD it seems to work fine.

And I also made a suggestion to get rid of/hide overalls in NHL 15. However, they will need overalls for online OTP/EASHL.

Well my suggestion for getting rid of them would only apply to be a GM. Other game modes are fine as is. Need them for HUT due to the market, and it wouldnt help EA sell packs. Be a pro? Who cares. Versus, sure keep overalls, use the stats to your advantage.

But in GM its really cheap because you are up against stupid AI gms and its easy to find loop holes/tricks to get these good players because the overalls are there. Hide them and its more realistic as you'll have more misses rather than always hitting.

It would be sick if on your team in the EASHL you could name your AI roster.

It's somewhat unrealistic that they give you newly generated CPU's every game.

Or at least have them generate CPU's for you only once and you just keep playing with them unless you want to let them go.

I'm for Karlsson/Duchene. Quite why they had to have the douche matchup of Doughty vs Couture I'll never know!

Any ideas on release date? Early September like always, or slightly later this time?

I believe it is being released on Sept 30 this time.

I bet you anything that NHL 15 for PS3 and 360 will be exactly the same as NHL 14, just with the new commentary and updated rosters, and maybe a few little tweaks. The only real changes will be only for the PS4/One version.

Yea that's what I'm thinking. I think it was NHL 09 that was exactly the same as NHL 08 on the previous gen, so I think it may be the same with NHL 15 on 360/Ps3.

Just ply a real team based mode-EASHL! HUT IS TRASH, and is not about teamwork.

Exactly. I loved HUT in NHL 11 but it got old fast. Everyone who has a weaker team backs out or the teams are so strong that people just bought their way through it. Having a top line of Sharp - Toews - Kane is hard to get but isn't that farfetched, but when people have that on top of Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry and Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (NHL 11) then it gets really annoying. The microtransactions ruined the game.

EA always made a special pack that came with 3 rares with a possible 4th and it costed only 60 Microsoft points, or less than $1 and the teams got out of hand and unrealistic. Who cares about salary when all those players are tied up with 80 game contracts.

Exactly. I loved HUT in NHL 11 but it got old fast. Everyone who has a weaker team backs out or the teams are so strong that people just bought their way through it. Having a top line of Sharp - Toews - Kane is hard to get but isn't that farfetched, but when people have that on top of Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry and Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (NHL 11) then it gets really annoying. The microtransactions ruined the game.

EA always made a special pack that came with 3 rares with a possible 4th and it costed only 60 Microsoft points, or less than $1 and the teams got out of hand and unrealistic. Who cares about salary when all those players are tied up with 80 game contracts.

Hahah, that doesn't even seem fun at all. I tried it once for like 10 minutes, and thought it was the biggest joke of a gimmick mode ever. I want to play hockey, and hat means with other people.....I play VS as well, esp if the Canucks are in the playoffs. It gets me hyped up even more. I am sure I will play lots more of that in 15, if it's going to be as awesome as I hope it will be....

Hahah, that doesn't even seem fun at all. I tried it once for like 10 minutes, and thought it was the biggest joke of a gimmick mode ever. I want to play hockey, and hat means with other people.....I play VS as well, esp if the Canucks are in the playoffs. It gets me hyped up even more. I am sure I will play lots more of that in 15, if it's going to be as awesome as I hope it will be....

Exactly. Haven't touched it at all in 12/13/14

I would love if they scrapped the whole overalls from be a GM, or gave you an option to hide them. Kept the whole "top 6 forward" "3rd line scorer" tags etc.

Would be a hell of a lot more challenging, you'd have to base signings and trades on points, age, contract, roles, etc.

Overalls is something that makes it so easy that you can pull off those trades for top picks because you know your 23 year old rookies already 86 overall and you can bring him up. Would be more challenging having to bring up a total question mark and assessing from their play, then deciding to keep them permanently and trade away a veteran to make room or send the kid back down.

Never even thought of this before, such a great idea. Would make trading so much more interesting. You'd have certain players (ie: Clarkson) receiving bids in free agency because of their last season, which would add a whole new dimension to BAGM. Would be nice if they had this as an option; people who choose novice get to see overall, people who choose advanced do not get to see it. Will EA do this? Probably not, considering they can't even fix basic things in GM mode: extending players in last season of contract; hand out NTC, retire a player's number, etc. The list of issues that need to be addressed in BEGM grows by the year, and they never fix it.

Never even thought of this before, such a great idea. Would make trading so much more interesting. You'd have certain players (ie: Clarkson) receiving bids in free agency because of their last season, which would add a whole new dimension to BAGM. Would be nice if they had this as an option; people who choose novice get to see overall, people who choose advanced do not get to see it. Will EA do this? Probably not, considering they can't even fix basic things in GM mode: extending players in last season of contract; hand out NTC, retire a player's number, etc. The list of issues that need to be addressed in BEGM grows by the year, and they never fix it.

The biggest thing is that they would need to have different overalls in different modes, otherwise you would know everyone's ratings from the other modes.

Here was my list that I posted in the NHL 14 thread:

I know it's doubtful, but I'd like to see a favorites bar for NHL 15. The menu takes awhile to get used to and takes awhile to get to certain modes. I would have a section where you choose 3 modes (ex: shootout, EASHL, BAGM) and the rest of the menu functions normally (can still get to the modes the traditional way); just like an icon on a computer.

I know it's even more unlikely to happen, but I hope they get rid of (visible) overalls. Use stats, consistency, amount of league success, reputation, etc... to gauge a player's value.

Additionally, I'd like them to change the BAGM upgrades. Instead of using experience to improve your medical staff, scouting (pro and amateur) and assistant coaching, have a set budget that you use to hire staff, choosing to go for a win now approach (more money into pro scouting and medical staff) or a rookie development path (amateur scouting and ass. coaching). Think NBA live 06. Also, a team budget (teams like Nashville) would be a nice addition as well.

Finally, I hope they make drafting more in depth. I would like to see their season/playoff stats, potential roles (from scouting), if the pick is a safe one or high-risk, and maybe a player style comparable as well.

Anyone else do fantasy drafts with their friends? We have 6 of us and we did a fantasy draft before NHL 14 came out and we use our custom teams whenever we play each other. It's actually really enjoyable. We trade and pick-up free agents when the ratings change. I recommend trying it if you have others who want to. We also all picked 1 player and boosted him to an 89. My friend who's an Avalanche fan took MacKinnon. It's so fun playing with a lot of your favourite players.

My team I've been using:

Stamkos - Bergeron - Neal

Drouin (89) - Giroux - Seguin

E Kane - O Reilly - Oshie

Lucic - Lecavalier - Simmonds

McDonagh - Weber

Hedman - Letang

Hamhuis - Carlson

Miller

Bernier

Archived