Pouliot, Bennet, 1st round pick

to pit:

Kesler

1st overall draft Ekblad

To Sjs:

Hansen

To Van:

Torres

Thanks to smithers for pointing out how awesome it would be to have both pouliot+ Ekblad

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Bennet Santo Kassian

Higgins Horvat Torres

Sestito Richardson Matthias

Hamuis Garrison

Stanton Bieksa

Pouliot Ekblad

Lack

Markstrom

For the Florida one, I'd do:

To Van: 1st OVR pick

To Fla: 6th OVR pick, Guance, Schroeder and 2nd. I don't want to trade our young dmen.

For the Pittsburgh one, you'd have to take out Bennett probably and it'd fine.

Not a bad proposal.

Why would Florida give up there future franchise D-Man for Tanev and a future 3rd line center (or bottom paring D-Man, maybe middle pairing)?

I personally think the Canucks would be better off targeting Noah Hanifin in the 2015 draft.

6'3', 195lbs, 17 years old:

"Large two way defender who displays good vision and on ice smarts. Is a mobile fluid defenseman who has an excellent offensive upside to match his edgy defensive side. Four-direction skater who has great vision, poise, and makes the best plays on most shifts.

Has verbally committed to Boston College."

Then you can keep Tanev in the top pairings for shutdown D and have in your top 4 Hanifin, Tanev, Pouliot, and maybe Edler, Corrado, or Hamhuis if he plans on having a long career.

Why would Florida give up there future franchise D-Man for Tanev and a future 3rd line center (or bottom paring D-Man, maybe middle pairing)?

I personally think the Canucks would be better off targeting Noah Hanifin in the 2015 draft.

6'3', 195lbs, 17 years old:

"Large two way defender who displays good vision and on ice smarts. Is a mobile fluid defenseman who has an excellent offensive upside to match his edgy defensive side. Four-direction skater who has great vision, poise, and makes the best plays on most shifts.

Has verbally committed to Boston College."

It was rumored that FLA GM, Dale Tallon, was shopping his 1st ovr pick around.

Then you can keep Tanev in the top pairings for shutdown D and have in your top 4 Hanifin, Tanev, Pouliot, and maybe Edler, Corrado, or Hamhuis if he plans on having a long career.

I proposed this in another thread getting Ekblad and Pouliot (people called me crazy) yet my proposal was almost exactly the same as yours. I think they thought it would be stupid not to take Reinhart if your trading kesler for a D- man that way we could replace a Dman from the flordia deal(rumour is they want a leader on the back end)

reinhart would be sick with Horvat

but Pouliot-Ekbald on the backend GOOD GOD are PP would be the best in the NHL

Overall I like the idea good proposal +1

If FLA wants to trade the 1st overall they probably want to make the playoffs sooner rather than later. FLA would probably want a young player who is either NHL ready or close to it with solid potential, a 2nd/3rd line veteran forward or a top 4 veteran defender (depends what they need), our 6th overall and maybe another pick or lesser prospect.

They probably could get better though.

Archived