The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone in the Canadian Forces and sold a home too?

Dazzle

When you sell a place, you seem to be required (correct me if I'm wrong though) to state your occupation, as part of the Title Search.

I was wondering what Force members had put as their occupation. Would you hide it, make a generic job title or just list it?

I've listed my house 3 times over the course of my 16 year career in the US armed forces. I always proudly listed myself as a serviceman and you should be proud to do the same. I actually can't think of a reason to hide it at all. If you have a reason to conceal that fact I would just list yourself as a Govt employee.

My $0.02

As a multiple time buyer and seller over the years (apt to townhouse to house) I dont see how being a serviceman would influence anything. I sure as heck wouldnt mind buying a home from a serviceman.

EDIT: I am not, nor have ever been, a serviceman so I may be missing something here.

First off, why would you hide it?

Secondly if you're buying/selling because you've been posted, Brookfield handles paying all your closing costs and realtor fees. If you're just moving because you want to, then you pay your own.

Thirdly, you don't share your occupation for the title search, you share it with fintrac as part a program to track money laundering and terrorist financing.

Fourth-- aren't you proud to be in the service? You should be!

When you sell a place, you seem to be required (correct me if I'm wrong though) to state your occupation, as part of the Title Search.

I was wondering what Force members had put as their occupation. Would you hide it, make a generic job title or just list it?

Wear your service proudly my friend. You should never have to conceal it. I served for 6 years before injury. Even in the USA where I live now I list it proudly.

I've listed my house 3 times over the course of my 16 year career in the US armed forces. I always proudly listed myself as a serviceman and you should be proud to do the same. I actually can't think of a reason to hide it at all. If you have a reason to conceal that fact I would just list yourself as a Govt employee.

My $0.02

Soo your not a Patricia then?

Archived