The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iphone 5s vs Samsung Galaxy s5

asian player

I have had nothing but great experiences with Samsung's customer service. Apple on the other hand not so much. So yes, I do rank Samsung as a better provider of service.

When it comes to durability, I have seen countless amounts of iPhones that are cracked, chipped, shattered etc. Never once have I seen that for Samsung. iPhones break, Samsungs last. I've dropped my Samsung a good 100 times in the year that I have owned it and it still runs perfectly. Two coworkers of mine hate their iPhones. Either the phone shuts itself off randomly, it freezes or it breaks easily.

I agree wit this guy but i suggest not to drop your phone so mutch ;)

My iphone 5 was great for first year then in the last few months has gone down hill fast. If it gets worse i will def go for samsun next time or even blackberry people who have em still swear by them

I agree wit this guy but i suggest not to drop your phone so mutch ;)

My iphone 5 was great for first year then in the last few months has gone down hill fast. If it gets worse i will def go for samsun next time or even blackberry people who have em still swear by them

Did you check your serial number on this site to see if your eligible for free repair or store credit?

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

Had it when I had an old Ipod years ago. It kept re-setting itself to auto-sync and erased the ipod on 3 separate occasions. It also kept making itself the default program for playback on the PC despite my attempts to get it to stop. I'm not computer illiterate, but I simply couldn't get itunes to play nice no matter what I did. It's also a giant pain in the rear to uninstall. I don't want to have to use ANY program to transfer files back and forth; android's ability to do it directly in windows explorer is absolutely essential.

this x 1000.

I have an android phone, but I've got multiple ipods and an ipad, all of which I won. I don't think I would ever spend money on any sort of ipod/iphone. Ipad is good though. Itune's is just so infuriating. Over the years that I've used it, it's just gotten more and more convoluted with each update. Trying to have multiple libraries for multiple devices is nearly impossible. My pc will recognize the individual apple devices, but does Itunes pull up a default library for that particular device when I plug it in? Nope. That's too much to ask. I'm yet to find a way to easily manage multiple devices with different libraries.

Hell, even adding music and syncing is unnecessarily complicated. You used to simply be able to drag and press a sync button right from the main window. Not anymore though. It all stems from their efforts to push you into buying music through them. If you're not doing that, they do whatever they can to make it difficult on you.

iPhones have better build quality, more comfortable to hold, and a more fluid OS. Android gives you more settings to play around with and doesn't force you into using goddamn iTunes(others in this thread have mentioned how frustrating it is too). Basically, if you're only going to use it for msing, IG, FB, go for the iPhone, and if you're looking to do more with your phone, go android.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Samsung's customer service. Apple on the other hand not so much. So yes, I do rank Samsung as a better provider of service.

When it comes to durability, I have seen countless amounts of iPhones that are cracked, chipped, shattered etc. Never once have I seen that for Samsung. iPhones break, Samsungs last. I've dropped my Samsung a good 100 times in the year that I have owned it and it still runs perfectly. Two coworkers of mine hate their iPhones. Either the phone shuts itself off randomly, it freezes or it breaks easily.

I don't know about the samsung durability i have a Sony Xperia and have dropped it tossed it (not on purpose) stepped on it, sat on it, and all i have is a few scratches on the screen, the wife dropped her Samsung once and the screen exploded literally half of it was on the ground the rest was shattered on the phone.

could have just been the type of phone (not sure what one it was)

I am looking to get a new phone soon and i am going to stick with the Xperia the Z1, Z2 look like great phones. (just hope the Z2 gets released to other providers other then Bell (i think is who has the exclusive release)

What an insult to compare the s5 to the 5s, and it's not even close, samsungs flagships have been going down since the failure of the s4. The s5 is expected to even sell much fewer and it's actually no match for the Sony Xperia z. If you truly want and android get the Sony Xperia z, other wise I suggest waiting for the iPhone 6 . I am using the iPhone 4s right now and I have no issues with it. Samsungs products are the most overrated piece of craps on the planet.

Samsung

I have an S4 and my brother has an IPhone 5s, its not even comparable. The stuff you can do on the Samsung is just phenomenal. The overall interface is just amazing. The features seem to be endless. Just amazed at the phone, what an amazing device. The great things that stand out are excellent, but its just those small little features and things that Apple completely flies over because of their stupidity that makes me truly go in full support of samsung. I recommend you by a Samsung, if it matches your need, make sure you are well comforted with your decision. In somethings the Samsung is better and in somethings the iPhone is better. Your Choice.

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Drummer4now (@Drummer4now),

IPhone 5s: Camera made by Sony, Screen made by Sharp, Chip made by Samsung.

Steve Jobs (R.I.P) (Re-Stated what Picasso said): "Good artists copy, Great artists steal."

Not to mention how much IOS 7 is similar to the Android systems.

Cuz that's not copying <_<

Definitely the S5 as I detest Apple with a passion. For those that know computing backgrounds (30 years ago) you will be able to appreciate that Apple is setting back the computing industry several decades with all this incompatible crap they've been putting out for a decade now. In another decade when people finally get tired of all the gimmicky junk the industry will begin to progress again.

However, as some others have suggested the technology is all pretty good. Unless you're a phone guru you may or probably should just choose the one you like better.

The S5 has far better compenents though and is the superior phone.

Does it enable you to bypass Itunes? Itunes is such a problematic program I consider it a virus and refuse to allow anyone to install it on my desktop.

I agree, ITUNES is one of the worst computing programs every conceived of. It's brutal. I've got a friend who is computer illiterate and I do most of his computer stuff for him. After trying to work with that piece of crap several times I now absolutely refuse to touch Itunes in any capacity. Just horrible.

this x 1000.

I have an android phone, but I've got multiple ipods and an ipad, all of which I won. I don't think I would ever spend money on any sort of ipod/iphone. Ipad is good though. Itune's is just so infuriating. Over the years that I've used it, it's just gotten more and more convoluted with each update. Trying to have multiple libraries for multiple devices is nearly impossible. My pc will recognize the individual apple devices, but does Itunes pull up a default library for that particular device when I plug it in? Nope. That's too much to ask. I'm yet to find a way to easily manage multiple devices with different libraries.

Hell, even adding music and syncing is unnecessarily complicated. You used to simply be able to drag and press a sync button right from the main window. Not anymore though. It all stems from their efforts to push you into buying music through them. If you're not doing that, they do whatever they can to make it difficult on you.

This is it in a nutshell. Itunes sole purpose is to push you into spending money on their products. Anything uselful that you want to do that doesn't involve giving them money is a huge pain in the ass. It's so user unfriendly in this situation it's disgusting.

I have been with the iPhone since the 3GS. I prefer simplicity and don't see the need to flip to over to Samsung. Both phones have the apps and features that you'll actually use. The little extras specific to each brand are rarely used. For instance, I use the social apps, sports, some news, banking & lifestyle (Starbucks rewards, Cineplex, etc.), some productivity apps (keynote, pages etc.) and play the occasional game. You can get these apps on both phones... Think about it and decide which interface you prefer using.

Just go with the phone that you prefer.

Samsung = bigger screen, customizable

Apple = smaller screen, straight-forward

Battery life on both is meh but just charge it when you drive.

Also, warranty shouldn't be an issue nor should breaking your phone if you protect it with an Otterbox or equivalent or just take care of it and be a little careful. Apple is usually pretty good with replacements. Samsung isn't bad either.

What's so difficult about iTunes. I have well over 30,000 songs on my desktop (Mac)...and I don't find the interface to be hard to use or glitchy. I also mostly illegally download my music (YouTube, etc.) and only purchase once in awhile.

*you can't purchases mixes, etc. ;)

*30,000+ songs includes siblings downloads obviously

What's so difficult about iTunes. I have well over 30,000 songs on my desktop (Mac)...and I don't find the interface to be hard to use or glitchy. I also mostly illegally download my music (YouTube, etc.) and only purchase once in awhile.

*you can't purchases mixes, etc. ;)

*30,000+ songs includes siblings downloads obviously

Maybe it works better on a Mac. It's just far more intuitive to be able to simply drag over whatever files I want directly within windows explorer.

Definitely the S5 as I detest Apple with a passion. For those that know computing backgrounds (30 years ago) you will be able to appreciate that Apple is setting back the computing industry several decades with all this incompatible crap they've been putting out for a decade now. In another decade when people finally get tired of all the gimmicky junk the industry will begin to progress again.

However, as some others have suggested the technology is all pretty good. Unless you're a phone guru you may or probably should just choose the one you like better.

The S5 has far better compenents though and is the superior phone.

I agree, ITUNES is one of the worst computing programs every conceived of. It's brutal. I've got a friend who is computer illiterate and I do most of his computer stuff for him. After trying to work with that piece of crap several times I now absolutely refuse to touch Itunes in any capacity. Just horrible.

This is it in a nutshell. Itunes sole purpose is to push you into spending money on their products. Anything uselful that you want to do that doesn't involve giving them money is a huge pain in the ass. It's so user unfriendly in this situation it's disgusting.

^ Can we just go ahead and sticky this post? ::D

Couldn't have said this any better myself.

Archived