The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please HELP! Is my jersey a fake?

Cocolocci

its a fake, you shouldnt be able to see the logo from the inside, should be stitched onto the front... stripes look out of whack too

i dont know about all this "blah blah blah wear it with pride" BS is about, the issue here is that they advertised a genuine jersey and sold him a knock off. i would get a refund if possible, the real ones look and feel so much nicer.

Agreed.

Complete Fake. You can tell by the thick bubblish letters spelling "LINDEN" on the name bar. I would be embarrassed to wear that and I hope you didn't pay more than $20 or you should ask for a refund. There a lot of these similar jersey's for the current style Canucks jersey's and stink and rink version. Over time the letters and numbers fade in color and look awful. Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

Complete Fake. You can tell the the thick bubblish letters spelling "LINDEN" on the name bar. I wouldn't wear that and I hope you didn't pay more than $20 or you should ask for a refund. There a lot of these similar jersey's for the current style Canucks jersey's and stink and rink version. Over time the the letters and numbers fade and look aweful. Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

You know; I understand where you're coming from.

For the longest time I've been against fake jersey's but realistically; It's Germany; it's probably an arm and a leg for shipping; at least he's putting in the effort to support the Canucks all the way over there.

Chances are, they have no idea what the jersey is supposed to look like over there anyways.

Enjoy the jersey, wear it with pride.

As for the next one; I wouldn't Ebay or Craigslist a jersey unless they were extreme circumstances, or I was in the collectors market; My suggestion; goto a retailer where you can get a receipt and scream bloody murder if it isn't what you paid for.

Wouldn't even care, it's a beaut. I'm with others - wear it with pride.

Why would anyone even wear a fake jersey with pride. Yeah it's a nice jersey but a fake jersey is not something to be proud of wearing on the street.

100% it's a fake. The numbers are just off and so is the lettering and why is it pink instead of red?

Hallo!

Wie geht es dir? ;)

Entshuldigung, Ich spreche nur ein wenig Deutsch.

The jersey doesn't look authentic. The letters look kinda iffy to me, but then again I am not an expert. Something is just 'off'. It's disproportionate with the number.

Schon dich zu sehen!

Hallo, dein deutsch ist dafür aber gut :)

Wouldn't even care, it's a beaut. I'm with others - wear it with pride.

That's not about proudly wearing. I wear it with pride, like my other jersey or my cap, it's about the auction where it was said this will be a original. I paid $70 (without delivery), so I would like to know if these one is original or not. ;):canucks:

-----------------

Thanks all, for your help :)

Pretty sure it is fake but thats actually one of the nicest looking fakes I've seen, had to look closely to figure out. I can usually spot them instantly since I work at a store that sells jerseys but if you got a good deal on it, you might as well keep it.

You know; I understand where you're coming from.

For the longest time I've been against fake jersey's but realistically; It's Germany; it's probably an arm and a leg for shipping; at least he's putting in the effort to support the Canucks all the way over there.

Chances are, they have no idea what the jersey is supposed to look like over there anyways.

Enjoy the jersey, wear it with pride.

As for the next one; I wouldn't Ebay or Craigslist a jersey unless they were extreme circumstances, or I was in the collectors market; My suggestion; goto a retailer where you can get a receipt and scream bloody murder if it isn't what you paid for.

wearing a counterfeit jersey supports the canucks the same way pirating an album supports the artist.

Is merchandise sales a part of each franchise's bottom line? REAL jerseys, huh? It's a fake league, where Canadians are financially scammed thru the nose. Inflated ticket prices & 'real' merchandise so they can filter our sucker's $$$ down south(the farce they term rev-sharing).

Essentially our dollars(7 Cdn teams, yet apparently 40-50% of league revenues) entitle 300-400 of our nation's young men to live out their fantasy camping-expedition, down south. Stay in upscale hotels, drive swanky cars & romance sexy models.

Yet NO CITY in Canada can celebrate a championship for TWO DECADES, + !?!? Out of country, but I haven't given this corrupt organization(NHL) a red cent since the last millenium. Love hockey, but I'll maintain a personal boycott, whilst fondly recollecting the good'ol days.

I remember getting my hero Lafleur's sig, a star that made about 200 G's. & sure, the brainwashed masses will tell me of inflation; and/or compare the likes of rock stars, or Tom Cruise's compensation. Fine. I realize the decimal point's been moved for EVERYTHING.

Nothing seems more ludicrous to me(these days) than the bux wrapped up in pro sport. Questions like this thread are meaningless 1st world problems, representitive of core problems(brainwashing/advertising/sheep-indoctrination).

It's impossible, but the ultimate ANSWER(IMHO) would be the Cdn cities forming their OWN LEAGUE. I respect the old rebels that set up the WHA(three decades ahead of their time). Meanwhile Bettman's HQ's would be swallowed by a sinkhole.

Real jerseys?? Excuse me as I go for a walk & rant loudly to the birds...

Is merchandise sales a part of each franchise's bottom line? REAL jerseys, huh? It's a fake league, where Canadians are financially scammed thru the nose. Inflated ticket prices & 'real' merchandise so they can filter our sucker's $$$ down south(the farce they term rev-sharing).

Essentially our dollars(7 Cdn teams, yet apparently 40-50% of league revenues) entitle 300-400 of our nation's young men to live out their fantasy camping-expedition, down south. Stay in upscale hotels, drive swanky cars & romance sexy models.

Yet NO CITY in Canada can celebrate a championship for TWO DECADES, + !?!? Out of country, but I haven't given this corrupt organization(NHL) a red cent since the last millenium. Love hockey, but I'll maintain a personal boycott, whilst fondly recollecting the good'ol days.

I remember getting my hero Lafleur's sig, a star that made about 200 G's. & sure, the brainwashed masses will tell me of inflation; and/or compare the likes of rock stars, or Tom Cruise's compensation. Fine. I realize the decimal point's been moved for EVERYTHING.

Nothing seems more ludicrous to me(these days) than the bux wrapped up in pro sport. Questions like this thread are meaningless 1st world problems, representitive of core problems(brainwashing/advertising/sheep-indoctrination).

It's impossible, but the ultimate ANSWER(IMHO) would be the Cdn cities forming their OWN LEAGUE. I respect the old rebels that set up the WHA(three decades ahead of their time). Meanwhile Bettman's HQ's would be swallowed by a sinkhole.

Real jerseys?? Excuse me as I go for a walk & rant loudly to the birds...

now that you're done raging against the machine like a 15 year old "anarchist," was there a point to that little tirade?

and a big no thanks to your watered down cfl style hockey. i'll happily prop up american franchises for the sake of the game.

Hallo, dein deutsch ist dafür aber gut :)

That's not about proudly wearing. I wear it with pride, like my other jersey or my cap, it's about the auction where it was said this will be a original. I paid $70 (without delivery), so I would like to know if these one is original or not. ;):canucks:

-----------------

Thanks all, for your help :)

As it is a fake, I would report it to whoever organized the auction and see about getting at least some money back. They at least should know that they either sold or represented the sale of something misrepresented (meaning consciously getting more for it than they know it is worth). Depending on their reaction, is there some governing body that you could report them to? Might be the best you get out of this is preventing it from happening to someone else.

wearing a counterfeit jersey supports the canucks the same way pirating an album supports the artist.

Except when you pirate an album for an artist, most of the time, when the artist comes to town for a concert, you would go and watch their show. Whereas wearing a fake jersey, you don't have to pay $100 to go watch a game. You can sit at a bar and watch the game for free.

Archived