The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Spezza, Phaneuf being shopped to Western Conf

According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, the Ducks have called several times, and the Blues and Predators are looking into the option of adding him.

Predators need to add Spezza, they got a #1 defensemen, and a very good goalie. Get rid of that future for some offense is what I'm saying to Poile.

Spezza please if the price is right..

Imagine Sedin-Sedin-Spezza line... drools

He's the missing right hand shot..

Spezza is pretty much the same player as Henrik what the Sedins need is a Hartnell type player or van Riemsdyk. Sedins and JVR would be a very good first line

Interested in phaneuf..salary retained and booth goes the other way in a package.

Need more toughness in defense. Bieksa cant do all the fighting

you're kidding right? Phaneuf at 7 mil and you call him toughness? the guy pussy's away from every fight now. In Calgary he was a beast, in Toronto, he became a coward...

He doesn't play tough anymore, isn't mobile enough and is paid 7 mil!!!

So we get Spezza, theoretically. His first death valley run thru the California teams...out for the year. He is too often injured. I like how he plays. Great passer. Him between Booth and Kassian would be a dream though. Those 2 big guys might be able to defer some physicality in our division.

Spezza to San Jose for Patrick Marleau.

Steal for the Sens.

Thornton to T.O. for Phaneuf and whatever makes it a lose, lose for both sides.

I sense cynicism??? B)

Personally I think SJ would be nuts to trade those guys. Ottawa? They have Turris and Zbanajed. Let the Spezza auction begin!

Toronto and Phaneuf? Any cynicism is justified..

Spezza to STL.

Best option, best trading partner, best fit.

I proposed in a different thread Ty Rattie and Vlad Sobotka for Spezza (or Thornton).

Steen / Spezza / Tarasenko

Berglund / Backes / Reeves

Paajarvi / Oshie / Schwartz

Porter / Lapierre / UFA (Santorelli?)

Bouwmeester / Pietrangelo

Leopold / Shatenkirk

Jackman / Pollock

sic!

According to Jeff Gordon of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Senators want a player, prospect and a first round pick for Jason Spezza. The Ducks and Blues could be good fits.

Whoever loses out on Kesler will probably look at this as a plan b. Same asking price for Kesler pretty much.

Teams will have to take on a $7M cap hit too so shedding salary heading back to the Sens is a must

I sense cynicism??? B)

Personally I think SJ would be nuts to trade those guys. Ottawa? They have Turris and Zbanajed. Let the Spezza auction begin!

Toronto and Phaneuf? Any cynicism is justified..

I don't know if 'cynicism' is the word, but I don't really care for SJ or Toronto. I think SJ would be nuts to underell Marleau, but Thornton would be on the block until a deal is completed if I were SJ, and if I were Toronto, Phaneuf wouldn't be the only 'core' guy on the way out.

I see Phaneuf winding up in Calgary. Thornton perhaps in Toronto, because I believe they are going to deny the need to start over yet again, something that would be a hard sell to a starved fanbase.

I think Spezza for Marleau would be a good hockey trade for the Sens.

According to Matt Larkin of the Hockey News, Spezza has a list of 10 teams he can’t be traded too. Five teams that could be trading partners for the Senators and Spezza.

1. Nashville Predators: the Preds have the cap space, would fit Peter Laviolette’s offensive system and he would be familiar with former teammate Mike Fisher.

2. St. Louis Blues – the Blues have some free agents to re-sign, but they still should have room to add Spezza. The Blues lack an offensive weapon and he would look real good beside Vladimir Tarasenko.

3. Anaheim Ducks – if they are able to fit Ryan Kesler in, they could also fit in Spezza. They are familiar trade partners. Spezza isn’t the two-center that Kesler is. Could Spezza handle the Western Conference playoff warfare?

4. Dallas Stars – the Stars desperately need a second line center. A trade with the Stars would need to come with a contract extension though.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs – it would be a homecoming for Spezza, but GM Bryan Murray would rather not send him to a team they have to play so often.

Archived