The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?

jj99

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol, so the Canucks failing was the players fault and not Tortorella's?

But this is Bylsma's failing and not the players?

Crosby and Malkin disappeared just like the Sedins. This one is not on the coach. The Pens have too much invested in two players and not enough depth to support them.

I guess it happened. Crosby and Malkin are too old. You can't win with an aging core.

Isn't that why players have poor production? They wake up one day and BAM! they are now old?

All those guys ahead of Malkin?

Not even close. Malkin is without a doubt #2 in the world. Would've finished up with Crosby this year, maybe ahead of him if he didn't get injured.

Not even close? I would take Datsyuk over Malkin any day of the week..

Pens are missing the great bottom six forwards they had. Max Talbot, Tyler Kennedy, Russian Fedotenko (tweener, middle six). Malkin isn't beasting in the playoffs like he did in '09. My guess is he gets traded sometime after July 1st. NTC is completely gone then. They will retool with some great pieces they can get from a Malkin trade. If they take Kesler off our hands and have him as a second line center instead, they can really retool on the fly and give the team a little more depth. BTW, not advocating a Kesler trade. Just thinking somethings need to happen there and I expect Shero to be gone after this next season if there's another failure.

Crosby was probably injured.

Bylsma turned a pathetic, constantly injured defence into one of the league's best. Just look at the rest of his top-9 as well - they're all AHL players. Sure Crosby and Malkin are good, but the rest of their team is garbage apart from Letang and even he's been out of the lineup most of the year.

We should pounce on a Bylsma or Trotz if they're available. Trotz would really help Lack and Edler's game, while Bylsma's would help the twins and Kesler thrive. As defence wins championships I'd go the Trotz-route, but if he's not available then we should snatch up Bylsma while we can.

Maybe it's because our team can't score worth a damn that people here seem to think Kesler is an offensive dynamo.

The guy had ZERO assists the last 3 months of the season. Considering all his ice time that is really saying something.

He's great defensively but that was hardly the reason Pitts lost.

After Santo went down. Coincidence?

Crosby was probably injured.

Bylsma turned a pathetic, constantly injured defence into one of the league's best. Just look at the rest of his top-9 as well - they're all AHL players. Sure Crosby and Malkin are good, but the rest of their team is garbage apart from Letang and even he's been out of the lineup most of the year.

We should pounce on a Bylsma or Trotz if they're available. Trotz would really help Lack and Edler's game, while Bylsma's would help the twins and Kesler thrive. As defence wins championships I'd go the Trotz-route, but if he's not available then we should snatch up Bylsma while we can.

He stated clearly that he wasnt injured after the game 7. He certainly didnt look injured. He looked like a guy who was slightly off. Like every other guy who goes through a slump.

I have seen enough of our defensive structure break down completely under pressure .. Pittsburgh suffered the same fate too often for my liking .. we need to build from the goal out, and that means a sound defensive structure is key .. I am leaning more towards Trotz than Bylsma .. Trotz has a quiet, reassuring style that should suit the Canucks.

Either that, or we can seriously challenge for McDavid next year.

Hey, this only went 7 games because the Rangers were tired after playing 5 playoff games in 7 nights. They found their energy again in the last 3 games of the series. Otherwise, this would not have gone 7 games.

There are at least a half dozen head coaching candidates available (or potentially available) right now that I'd rate higher than Bylsma.

But as far as American born, Stanley Cup winning, veteran NHL head coaches go, I'd consider Dan Bylsma to be a much better option for the Vancouver Canucks than the previous guy the Aquilinis hired.

Was waiting a while before I shared my thoughts, that nobody here cares about, on whom I believe should be the next head coach. Seeing the list of coaches that are available, and may be available, I honestly think the best option out there is Barry Trotz. I never thought too much about his longstanding tenure with the Preds as a huge positive; and that's mainly due to the fact that Preds ownership probably never expected a Stanley Cup, and were plenty happy the Trotz was able to take them to the playoffs on a consistent basis. And that, my friends, is more why I would be happy with Trotz helming the ship. He was able to take a bunch a mid-level talent, with a few elite players: Rinne, Suter, and Weber (all defensive focus) and grind out victories. Vancouver may not have the elite backend talent that the Preds had, but Trotz would surely be able to work wonders with a far better forward group and a decent backend and OK goaltending. Definitely the best bet at this point. No thanks to anyone else that may be or is available.

And it is still valid. Deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't have left yourself open with such a stupid generalization like that.

How is that a stupid generalization? It is actually quite specific - there has been one coach since the 1930s that has won the Stanley Cup with more than one team. It just so happens to arguably be the best head coach of all time. An extremely valid consideration IMO.

how is it a stupid generalization when literally the only exception in the last 80 years is far and away the greatest coach of all time?

unless the cup winning coach you're hiring is scotty, you're not going to win a cup.

how is it a stupid generalization when literally the only exception in the last 80 years is far and away the greatest coach of all time?

unless the cup winning coach you're hiring is scotty, you're not going to win a cup.

There are many more coaches who haven't won the cup to go to new teams and still not win a cup. What's your point? You think if we hire someone without a cup, we'd somehow get a better chance at winning?

Archived