The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) new look canucks (also more than likely a pipe dream!)

To van:

James Neal, 1st round pick

To pit:

Kesler

To van:

Louis eriksson

To bos:

Alex Edler

To van:

3rd overall

To edm:

1st overall, Hansen

To florida:

6th overall, Higgins, kelfboom

Draft reinhart

Sedin sedin eriksson

Neal reinhart kassian

Burrows santo Jensen

Sestito richardson matthias

Hamuis bieksa

Garrison tanev

Stanton corrado

Lack

Markstrom

Neal > Kesler

What makes you think they would throw in their first round pick ?

Neal is not greater than kesler.... mkesler can play in every aspect of the game neal cannot. Why would tgey do this? This gives them a second line center allowing them to play crosby and malkin together full time. Big advantage to them. Also they need to make a change. Crosby and malkin are safe only other big dog they can make a splash with is neal. Or letang. They will probably move both.

Not really sure, but it seems to me that we're being screwed in this one...

i was thinking, our first 6th and hansen to florida for the 1st over all pick....if they covet ehlers, having a fellow dane on the team might help.

Not really sure, but it seems to me that we're being screwed in this one...

It's a three way.

To van:

3rd overall

To edm:

1st overall, Hansen

To florida:

6th overall, Higgins, kelfboom

Even then, I think it takes more than Hansen and Higgins to move up to 3rd.

Neal is not greater than kesler.... mkesler can play in every aspect of the game neal cannot. Why would tgey do this? This gives them a second line center allowing them to play crosby and malkin together full time. Big advantage to them. Also they need to make a change. Crosby and malkin are safe only other big dog they can make a splash with is neal. Or letang. They will probably move both.

Trade value is most influenced by offensive production. In other words a rounded older 2nd line player is not going to have more value than a young PPG 40 goal scoring threat. Neal alone easily has more trade value than Kesler.

Your logic also makes no sense for the Penguins. They are a team with a lack of depth especially on winger so they trade away their best winger for a center then lump all their talent on 1 line with Malkin who is better and prefers to play center. Kesler ends up in another Vancouver situation playing on line 2 with 3rd line wingers at his sides.

Names on paper can exceed expectation but I don't see how anyone can look at that proposed Penguin roster and think they got better in any way.

Archived