The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion/Proposal] Jarome Iginla?

So basically Jarome Iginla becomes a free agent this summer and I think the Canucks should sign Iginla as I feel that he he's got at least a 50 point season in him left. Maybe 60 with the Sedins.

Personally, I think it's a great idea because it'd give the old core one last shot at it. I did hear that Iginla would want to come to Vancouver someday because of how classy Linden was or something to that effect.

Now that Linden is the Canucks President, do you think he would be willing to sign Iginla? Do you think Iginla would want to sign here?

This would also allow Burrows to shift down on a line with Higgins/Jensen and Kesler.

I do realize there may be concerns with the Sedins-Iginla line in terms of speed but we can always switch Iggy with Burr like we did with Samuelsson and Burr back in '11-12.

Worst case scenario: Our core still declining even with Iginla on our team. I personally think it's fine since we can always keep him around to mentor the younger players even if it is for a season or two.

Sedin-Sedin-Iginla

Burrows-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Matthias/Horvat-Kassian

Booth-Matthias/FA-Hansen

What do you guys think?

He won't sign because we aren't a contender or top contender especially the way our past season went. Jarome is an amazing player and would love him here but I assume he signs with Boston again.

Considering Lucic's hissy fit and the fans love of Black people I certainly hope he gets out of dodge. I know I'm generalizing but still. He deserves better then Boston.

Perfect one year mentor for Kassian. If he'll take a 1 year $4 million contract we should welcome him with open arms.

Iggy is playing for the cup, not the $.

That is why he will NOT sign with the Canucks.

He won't sign here out of respect to Calgary.

Though I don't see him coming to VAN mainly because the Canucks suck... did he ever actually say that? Otherwise I don't see it holding any relevance and plenty of players sign with former teams biggest rivals. People forget it is just a game and it is more of a rarity to be that petty.

If Iggy want to play on a contender, he'd probably have to accept not more than 4M$. If he want to cash in one last time, then he will probably be able to get 6M$ somewhere....which is too much at this stage in his career.

I wouldn't be surprise to see him in Philly or Californian team.

I thought he wouldn't sign here right after Calgary but wouldn't mind if he played on another team for a while first? He played for the Pens and Bruins already.

He won't sign because we aren't a contender or top contender especially the way our past season went. Jarome is an amazing player and would love him here but I assume he signs with Boston again.

Well, I honestly think if we get the right coaching staff and sign a couple free agents to solidify this team we can actually come back next year contending for a cup. Look at Tampa, Montreal, Columbus and even Dallas. They missed the playoffs last year but still made the playoffs this year. I believe that the Canucks can too, and Iginla can help us with that.

Hmm....Go all in next year..

Buy out booth

Sign Iggy 1 year @ 5

Sign Cammalleri 1 year @ 5

trade Burrows, Hansen and Edler for spezza + picks

Sedin Sedin Spezza

Cammalleri Kesler Iggy

Kassian Matthias Higgins

Dalpe Richardson Archi

Hammer Bieska

Tanev Garrison

Corrado Stanton

Lack

maybe sign a goalie.

-He would be closer to home, and on the western Canadian team with probably the best chance of bouncing back next year.

-He would be closer to home, and playing with the best linemates out of the western Canadian teams.

-He has great respect for Trevor Linden.

I could see it. Not the most likely destination, but it is possible if he reaches free agency.

I would do a 2 year contract. 4-5 million. Moving Edler and/or Booth would mean we could easily afford him and offer him more than 1 year.

I wonder if he might though now that Linden's in charge and if we hire Benning (assuming he had any interaction with him). He'd likely look to sign with a contender though, even if it's not Boston (I don't think he goes back there).

The only way I see us even pursuing him though is if we've already traded some other key veterans, like Kesler, from our forwards for other pieces.

Archived