The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Burtuzzi

He was kind of a mystery during his draft. No one really expected much of him, all he was, was a 5'9 guy with incredible grit and work ethic. Detroit obviously saw something, and now he's up to around 6'1 now with the same work ethic. So, it worked for him. Still, people see limited offensive ability, but whats not to like about a big guy, that works hard. Detroit, loves guys that are willing to do the little things despite lacking the offensive ability like Helm, Abdelkater, and now Gledening.

Todd, is his uncle and many people/scouts/fans think Detroit made a huge gamble, picking him too high in the 2013 draft.

He was kind of a mystery during his draft. No one really expected much of him, all he was, was a 5'9 guy with incredible grit and work ethic. Detroit obviously saw something, and now he's up to around 6'1 now with the same work ethic. So, it worked for him. Still, people see limited offensive ability, but whats not to like about a big guy, that works hard. Detroit, loves guys that are willing to do the little things despite lacking the offensive ability like Helm, Abdelkater, and now Gledening.

Todd, is his uncle and many people/scouts/fans think Detroit made a huge gamble, picking him too high in the 2013 draft.

He was already 6'0" before the draft. He had his growth spurt in the summer prior to the draft.

I don't think anyone can call a Guelph player a mystery, seeing as most teams would have at least been there to see Dickinson, Leslie, and Auger who were also drafted that year. Bertuzzi was ranked low likely due to his ultimate upside, which is likely a bottom 6 player. I really liked him last year, great work ethic that will get him to the next level. He's also very chippy, a pest, the kind of guy you want on your team.

Some lists had him in the 4th round, some 7th.

this kid has only played like a total of 71 games in the last 3 seasons. shoulder and neck injuries, along with concussions. he plays with a lot of heart and grit, but the Wings gotta be out of their mind to draft him 2nd round/58th overall in 2013.

Matt Cooke/Cal Clutterbuck type of player. He's not the biggest guy but he has one of those motors that doesn't stop.

I think second round was a bit of a reach, but he might have been gone the next time the Wings picked. He was on my draft radar because of how hard he works and how tough he is to play against.

Archived