The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classless Tweets about St. Louis' Mom

J529

That's what you get. A lot of people are fortunate and have no idea what it is like to lose a parent. People in this world can be quite clueless and wreckless with their words. I'm 22 and lost my dad less that two years ago to cancer, I have a pretty good understanding, it's a wonder the man can go to work.

That's what you get. A lot of people are fortunate and have no idea what it is like to lose a parent. People in this world can be quite clueless and wreckless with their words. I'm 22 and lost my dad less that two years ago to cancer, I have a pretty good understanding, it's a wonder the man can go to work.

We haven't invented a machine that lets each other walk a few miles in each others shoes I am most sincerely positive that if such a device existed we probably wouldn't let idiots use twitter :)

Spotlighting and making a big deal about four idiots in a country of millions* posts is the real cancer.

Yeah, we should also brush the Holocaust under the rug too. Awareness is dumb.... :rolleyes:

Can't let disgusting people say disgusting things and just, ignore it. Pattern of ignorance needs to stop. If I see stuff like this and I'm a parent, I crack down on my kids and tell them this is not right. Things like this can't be said. Feel free to ignore it, ignorance is bliss. Right?

Yeah, we should also brush the Holocaust under the rug too. Awareness is dumb.... :rolleyes:

Can't let disgusting people say disgusting things and just, ignore it. Pattern of ignorance needs to stop. If I see stuff like this and I'm a parent, I crack down on my kids and tell them this is not right. Things like this can't be said. Feel free to ignore it, ignorance is bliss. Right?

lol godwins law at work. Yeah cause this is just like the holocaust. People say things like this to get attention, don't give them said attention and they'll usually stop talking.

I do just want to say that i would say most of those tweets in the op arent that classless. For example saying the pens would be there instead, its almost a testament to st louis and how he is playing and how he has made the best out of this situation. Of course there are some stupid people everywhere, but I dont think many of them are hateful. except that first one....

Same thing as the racist tweets directed towards Subban: stop caring about it.

You spotlight this shit, make a big deal out of it, and give these idiots the attention they'd never get in the real world. That's how you give power to some scrawny, bitter whelp hunched over a keyboard. Just ignore them, don't feed the trolls.

These arent as bad as I was expecting coming into the thread, but still tasteless and ignorant.

They are the worst, especially the first one. When someone dies, there are two things to be done toward the loved ones/survivors...pay respect and express condolences or do nothing (out of respect) if it's someone you don't care for.

In no time or place is it ok to taunt about losing a mother. Evereverever.

Do these species not have mothers? Were they hatched vs birthed? So not cool. When my Mom died I would have knocked someone out if they expressed something like this.

While I agree with ignoring these twerps, Twitter and other social media gives them a platform and allows them to be heard.

Wow heres a surprise. ...disrespectful wimps on Twitter. ....

Cmon people....its all marketing now....twitter is just another money making tool - an anonymous voice for the cowardly, of which make up a large percentage of the population today.

of those 4 tweets i only think the first one is offensive, and even then i dont care because seriously who cares. get thicker skin people. being offended is a choice.

? Hah OK there buddy.

Who cares that his mother died? I dunno.. Maybe his family, the rangers organization, friends of the family, Marty's fans..

Yeah you're right who cares. If your mom died id bet you'd just be like *meh* whatever.

Then if someone were to post very hurtful comments about it to the public on twitter, you'd be like "no big deal!"

Lol what a fool you are to post this.and If you don't think those people especially the first two posters, posted with the intention of offending people then I'm sorry but you have no brain.

Archived