The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classless Tweets about St. Louis' Mom

J529

Lol well it's not something that deserves five or even half a minute of fame. Don't feed the trolls.

Statistically speaking four posts doesn't warrant the attention of the masses. I suppose I may be in the minority when I say that I would rather not give people like that even an ounce of recognition and encourage borderline idiots to go all out idiot by reading about them lol. I guess some of us thrive on stuff that isn't negative filth.

Dude, I get what you're saying about not giving these freaks any credence by responding, but think about the following quotes before dismissing the vileness of what we're talking about simply as acts of ignorance by a few people...

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented" - Elie Weisel 1928-present

"True benevolence and compassion extends itself through the whole of existence and sympathizes with the distress of every person and creature capable of sensation" - Joseph Addison 1672-1719

"The worst sin against our fellow man is not hatred, but to be indifferent to them, that is the essence of INhumanity" - George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

"Until we stop purposely harming other living beings, we are nothing more than savages" - Thomas Edison 1847-1931

You know what I'm getting at, so I'll get off my soapbox now.

Wow Montreal fans truly are disgusting. I'm not even surprised one bit.

RIP Mrs. St. Louis, your son will make you proud. I'm happy she got to see her son accomplish his life dream in 2004 - Winning the cup. Marty has already done so much to make her proud and he continues to be an inspiration.

This is THE worst thing I have ever seen. Yeah, hockey there is a lot of hate between teams, and emotions can get high - even for the fans. But why would anyone 'attack' St. Louis right now? First of all losing anyone close to you must be unbearable (I have yet to experience a tragedy like he has, so I can't really talk on experience but all I can say it would absolutely break me if someone close to me died), despite everything, St. Louis is still playing. Some players would take some time off, he is playing his heart out and obviously doing it for his Mom and entire family.

Fans should look at the players as people first and think about what they are writing before posting. Absolutely disgraceful.

This is THE worst thing I have ever seen. Yeah, hockey there is a lot of hate between teams, and emotions can get high - even for the fans. But why would anyone 'attack' St. Louis right now? First of all losing anyone close to you must be unbearable (I have yet to experience a tragedy like he has, so I can't really talk on experience but all I can say it would absolutely break me if someone close to me died), despite everything, St. Louis is still playing. Some players would take some time off, he is playing his heart out and obviously doing it for his Mom and entire family.

Fans should look at the players as people first and think about what they are writing before posting. Absolutely disgraceful.

If this is THE worst thing you've ever seen then you better batten down the hatches because life and humanity gets a whole lot worse than some keyboard bad asses on Twitter.

Just in the last little while 230 girls kidnapped at gunpoint in Nigeria. Crimea annexed, Western Ukraine next. There's still a plane missing with 230 people on board. etc etc etc.

There is no way to stop people from being insensitive on the internet. Eventually karma will have it's way when they apply for jobs and people who grew up in an era without Twitter and Facebook who didn't share their every silly thought are the employers. A quick search will reveal their true character and keep them unemployed. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

This is nothing. It's a few dbags just tweeting a few things.

Unlike Boston fans, where Nigg*r was TRENDING meaning it was tweeted a sh*t load of people, Boston fans actually were tweeting that whereas here, it's just a few things selectively picked to make Canadiens fans seem bad when it's clearly not a big portion of the fans.

Initially I thought about closing this in the same line of thinking as "don't feed these trolls". Because generally, attention is what they're seeking.

But, then again, it's more about showing them that the masses don't find them funny and call them out. Because they have to be shown that it's not acceptable...they're oblivious and backlash may have them see the light.

Some are just plain ignorant and knowingly spread hatred...those ones are beyond redemption. But some misguided souls may actually rethink their decisions if enough people speak out against them. So to ignore these people allows them to continue...speaking out against them may make them stop.

Initially I thought about closing this in the same line of thinking as "don't feed these trolls". Because generally, attention is what they're seeking.

But, then again, it's more about showing them that the masses don't find them funny and call them out. Because they have to be shown that it's not acceptable...they're oblivious and backlash may have them see the light.

Some are just plain ignorant and knowingly spread hatred...those ones are beyond redemption. But some misguided souls may actually rethink their decisions if enough people speak out against them. So to ignore these people allows them to continue...speaking out against them may make them stop.

I don't know. I think drawing any attention to it gives it strength. I don't think it is the actual content of the words; rather, it is the response they get from the masses - it is the response of the masses, itself, that is the fuel and gives them a sense of empowerment. Some people thrive on being sh!t disturbers and any attention just fuels their nonsense.

There is no accountability in the social media and I highly doubt any soul searching will be inspired by the words of some random anonymous people.

I don't know. I think drawing any attention to it gives it strength. I don't think it is the actual content of the words; rather, it is the response they get from the masses - it is the response of the masses, itself, that is the fuel and gives them a sense of empowerment. Some people thrive on being sh!t disturbers and any attention just fuels their nonsense.

There is no accountability in the social media and I highly doubt any soul searching will be inspired by the words of some random anonymous people.

Trolling 101. They want attention. Any attention. There is only 1 way to frustrate a troll: ignore them.

If this is THE worst thing you've ever seen then you better batten down the hatches because life and humanity gets a whole lot worse than some keyboard bad asses on Twitter.

Just in the last little while 230 girls kidnapped at gunpoint in Nigeria. Crimea annexed, Western Ukraine next. There's still a plane missing with 230 people on board. etc etc etc.

lol this

people in North America are so sheltered and have it so good, they have no idea.

if a twitter post is the worst thing you have ever seen then the world is going to eat you alive

Ouch, must have hurt him, especially the first tweet. It seems the other ones were just more tasteless and less offensive. I still kinda know how he must feel, especially so close to Mothers Day. My grandmother passed away on Mother's Day last week, and if anyone had so much as said anything close to negative about her, I would have been outraged.

A lot of this I believe is just trolls and not what right minded people would really say face-to-face. We saw the same thing with Suddan against Boston. Remember how everyone was ranting about the outrageousness of the racist tweets? Well I for one believe many of those were intentionally tweeted by people just to stir up controversey and get everyone fired up. Twitter is like the new century version of the age old chain letter - pass it around, hope it spreads, and get everyone to react, then sit back and laugh at the trouble you caused.

I believe some of you may be right....let's not draw any more attention to this and give it the response it deserves by letting it fall off the page into oblivion. Seeing it at the top of the page just doesn't feel right.

Archived