The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The end of the present scouting staff

PhillipBlunt

It would be interesting to see an archive of just what people thought the Canucks should have drafted, and who they want drafted this year. Enter your selection just prior to the Canucks selection, so you don't have to go back and change anything if the guy you want is drafted higher than 6th, or maybe there's a trade. When the Canucks name is called, you hit "enter" to submit your selection. (Could crash the board, so maybe not.)

And then, in a few years we can go back and have a few laughs about it all, and wonder what all the fuss was about.

regards,

G.

I don't think the draft record was a huge reason for Gillis getting canned, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, all look promising, even if 2 of these guys become legit NHL players we're in good shape. For Horvat I think the only question is will he be able to score enough to be a second line center, at the very least you have a shutdown 3rd line center. D at the moment is passable, Tanev is a top 4 in my mind, Corrado is a good prospect at this point nothing more. More depth will be needed.

Exactly. I think since Crawford was calling the shots our drafting has been better. If Horvat , Shinkaruk and Cassles turn out he will look like a genius.

Yup. Last draft was the first with Crawford as head of amateur scouting and it was night and day compared to previous years. Around the same time they removed Snepsts as head WHL scout and moved that responsibility back to Delorme. It will be interesting to see if that improves our drafting out of the dub, with our Pres and new GM being westerners who played in it, I could see it being a renewed focus for the club. It's frankly almost been criminal how much we've neglected western talent in the WHL.

There is no mention in this thread about Eric Crawford..He makes the executive decision on scouting for the Canucks ..not Delorme...!..

Crawford oversaw last years draft,and did quite well..IMO..He is also responsible for the Stanton,Richardson signings..

Because it doesn't fit with:

"Durp! We suck at drafting!"

Sounds like Delorme is staying, once again. Linden defended him saying he is a good scout and he's not going to throw someone out the door because they didn't get a "proper direction" from the last regime.

canucks scouting has drastically improved over the last few years

:frantic: :frantic:(cdc logic) :frantic::frantic: = FIRE EVERYONE

we now have legit prospects in the system on the verge of challenging for ice time. We are gaining consistency in drafting better and have a legit farm system in place to properly develop our drafted talent therefore if you don't think all the scouting staff should be canned your not a real fan and some blind homer :picard:

p.s GO CANUCKS :towel:

For the 1st yr(new MGT team), they could entrust CDC(our 'polls') with making draft- selections. We need some accountability/responsibility..an interactive-fanbase, if you will...

The average CDC member is an idiot. Why the hell would Benning trust us with making that choice?

Archived