The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller wants to join a contender; possible new connection to Canucks?

TheRussianRocket.

How many Ryan Miller threads do we need?
Look. It's simple. When Ryan Miller gave the Sabres a list of 8 teams who would not got to as part of his No Trade Clause, the teams were all the Canadian teams plus Boston.
keyboardsmash.gif
HE"S NOT GOING TO ANY CANADIAN TEAMS!!!!!!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!

Well, when you consider the injuries we had this season, and how they along with Torts, completely derailed the season, I think there is a decent chance we could be back in the playoffs.

There are alot of good pieces on the team, with the right coach, I don't see why we couldn't be a top 8 team. Yeah we aren't a cup contender like Chicago or LA, but we could still make the playoffs, maybe even go a round. MTL went from a top 3 pick, to being in the playoffs the next season, and now a year later are in the ECF.

The team we saw last season isn't what this team could be IMO. I guess that's my main point. The team how it is is capable of more, and there is upside for young players to contribute, and new moves to be made with a new management group.

Can anyone explain how so many of our players all at one time did so poorly last year. IMHO the Canucks have talent. It got lost in a bad way with Tortorella at the helm. Talent just does not get lost, especially the talent of so many playerts all at once.

The team will make the playoffs next year. That talent will again appear with the right coach and a different and healthy competitive team attitude.

I agree with Monty and Bluesman. Since when are the Canucks "a contender"?

It's all about the pitch my friend. Looking back yes the canucks are not a contender. Moving forward the canucks are ready to compete with Anaheim , LA Chicago with a few tweaks and additions.

Starting with a strong starter in Miller the canucks will once again be a contender.

A kesler edler and gaunce trade to Florida for the #1 overall pick to draft Ekblad . Take Virtanen with #6

Then trade burrows shinkaruk and a 2016 1st to boston for soderberg. Sign fa jussi jokinen

Sedins kassian

Virtanen soderberg jokinen

Higgins horvat Hansen

Mattias Richardson sestito

Tanev hamhuis

Ekblad bieksa

Garrison Stanton

Miller lack

Now that's a contender

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-rumours-roundup-latest-hearsay-from-around-the-national-hockey-league/

This Benning signing opened up a whole new dimension. At first my thought is no way, stay the heck away from Miller but then you think: if Trotz is signed and Benning gives enough options to be competitive, would it be worth it to sign Miller to a 1-2 year deal at $3-$5 mill range?

Remember JB is the guy who drafted Miller too so there sure can be a possibility. And it'd give a couple more years for Lack to fully develop instead of rushing him into the starter role and maybe doing more harm than good as he looked shaky after the trade deadline.

Seems Ducks are the team Miller wants to go too but there's a back door possibility he may land in Vancouver dependant on if Benning believes the team can compete at a playoff level. Me personally, I wouldn't mind if most the core stays here for a year or two more. If they do, why not bring him in? Wouldn't make much sense if you think about it having the core remain and a uncertain tender. Idk, but nonetheless this is just a speculation/report.

I'd rather have Schneider than Miller. Schneider is young and we can sign him for a couple of years and see how it goes.

It's all about the pitch my friend. Looking back yes the canucks are not a contender. Moving forward the canucks are ready to compete with Anaheim , LA Chicago with a few tweaks and additions.

Starting with a strong starter in Miller the canucks will once again be a contender.

A kesler edler and gaunce trade to Florida for the #1 overall pick to draft Ekblad . Take Virtanen with #6

Then trade burrows shinkaruk and a 2016 1st to boston for soderberg. Sign fa jussi jokinen

Sedins kassian

Higgins horvat Hansen

Tanev hamhuis

Ekblad bieksa

Garrison Stanton

Miller lack

Now that's a contender

Horrible trades. Esp the Burrows deal...

I am surprised so many people are against of the Miller signing.

First of all, i think it should depends on the length and the amount. If we could have him sign on a short term deal like 1-2 years with a discount say around 5m per yr, I don't see why not.

Lack may not be ready for a full No.1 yet, having Miller to mentor him is a great thing to do. Miller is rated an elite goaltender on a poor team, I would definitely give me a chance to shine if he wants to sign here.

Let him prove his worth with a short term deal, I would think this should benefit both him and Lack.

Buy out Booth, then we should be able to find the cap for his signing (assume around 5m per).

Also, realisticly, I think the team needs a retool not a rebuild, if our young guys like Kassian, Shinkaruk, Gaunce & Horvat are able to chip in next season, with some minor tweak on the lineup especially on the defence, I still think we could make some noise in the playoff.

Once you are in, you never know what could happen !!

Just look back to 1994 & LA couple years ago.

Even in a backup role I don't want him, Markstrom was a 1st round pick and now has arguably the best goalie coach in the league.

Let's have some bloody patience for once in our championless lives.

I think it would be a smarter move to stick with Lack and Markstrom and use that money on improving the team in other areas.

Saying that, Linden has been saying that the goal is to make the playoffs next season (most likely in order to sell season tickets) and with the hiring of JB, I could see it happening. Lack could probably be a starter but having a veteran presence there could also be beneficial for the team and Lacks career.

I don't personally like Ryan Miller and I think he is a bit overrated like Cam Ward but, it wouldn't be the end of the world or the Canucks season(s) if he was signed.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/360056-discussion-should-the-canucks-pursue-ryan-miller/?p=12159356

How many Ryan Miller threads do we need?

Look. It's simple. When Ryan Miller gave the Sabres a list of 8 teams who would not got to as part of his No Trade Clause, the teams were all the Canadian teams plus Boston.

keyboardsmash.gif

HE"S NOT GOING TO ANY CANADIAN TEAMS!!!!!!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!

How confirmed is that list he gave? Highly doubt he wasted one of his no go's on Montreal because of price. Edmonton and Calgary were way out of the playoff picture at the deadline too, they wouldn't even make an offer on him. If he's so stupid he can't even help himself properly, I don't want him trying to help my hockey team haha.

Can anyone explain how so many of our players all at one time did so poorly last year. IMHO the Canucks have talent. It got lost in a bad way with Tortorella at the helm. Talent just does not get lost, especially the talent of so many playerts all at once.

The team will make the playoffs next year. That talent will again appear with the right coach and a different and healthy competitive team attitude.

Last year was not an accurate indication of where the team stands talent wise, nor an accurate indication of what they're capable of. We had some tough injuries but there were some diamonds in the rough last season. I think Santo is one of those, Schroeder too they both had streaks of brilliance. With a good coach and new GM were more than capable of making the playoffs next year, winning the cup may be another story but we can make the playoffs.

Torts was absolute garbage, I'll admit I was excited to get him, I was excited for accountability and he was supposed to be some great motivator, he was supposed to be good with youth. He was anything but all of that, he over played our top line to the point of H. Sedins 2nd longest active consecutive games played streak coming to an end. He did that in NYR too, he played his top guys over 26 mins a game, they tired out, suffered injuries, and couldn't make it through the playoffs. Unfortunately we had to get first hand experience of the suck that is Tortorella but after last year, he doesn't belong in a coaching capacity in the NHL, period.

Sedins kassian

Higgins horvat Hansen

Tanev hamhuis

Ekblad bieksa

Garrison Stanton

Miller lack

Now that's a contender

Hey great hypothetical proposals but what if the teams you suggest tell you to go pump sand. What do you then do with your hypothetical proposal.

We have a new GM, the Draft is approaching, a new coach is soon to be named and like always, CDC is a buzz with proposals about how to make this team a SC winner.

Other than providing discussion, how many of the hundreds of proposals are in the reality range. How many are common sense deals. Less than 1/4 percent are right and I suggest are a lucky guess if they come to fruition, especially at this juncture of time.

Best to see what Benning does over the next months. Right now all these suggestions just appear to be a duck shoot at best

By the way, Burrows, Shinkaruk and a first round draft pick is far too high a price to pay for Sodenberg. He is not worth two of our first rounders and the heart and sole of our team. IMHO that suggestion doesn't even hit the ducks I spoke of earlier. Sorry about that.

Archived