The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014-15 Rogers Arena Fan Experience

knockoutnazzy1999

Entry Music. Get rid of that crappy video and get back to basics.

Goal Song that gets 18,000 people cheering.

Stop with the canned announcement that it's a Canucks power play.

The music in general.

Not as much as the Arena but Sportsnet sucks. Their stupid little song (

- at 50 seconds in) is so annoying. They don't hype anything up with the 2 Johns in their old annoying voices. Arena wise it would be awsome if they could add another 1,000 seats. The entrance song sucks and they play it 10,000x a game "WE ARE ALL CANUCKS!" but it sucks * and drives me insane. Fire DJ Dave and get someone who can actually pump us up. Get a DJ on the ice pre game like Tampa did.

When I go to the Staples center for Canucks games every year it is a friggin blast.

1. Stubhub has this photo opportunity where it puts your face on a ticket for free and they give you a lanyard to go with it.

2. The cheerleaders are walking around handing out beads, sunglasses, wristbands etc.

3. There is this cool T-Mobile section with like 12 phones and you can call all over the world for free max 10 min.

4. Festivities outside were really cool, beer garder with band playing, lots of little games set up to partake in. Hockey nets etc.

5. Rock music not kesha and avril lavine.

Wanted this for a while, but new seats would be awesome.

Especially, with a colour change to blue.

blue seats would help make the arena look more full.

and either amplify the crowd noise in house or pump canned crowd noise through the speakers so it doesn't sound like a mausoleum.

and yes, changing the music isn't enough. get rid of dave.

no more gimmicky woooooos, power play announcements, custom canucks songs, or "make some noooo-oooise" every 45 seconds.

and either relax security or make a large section of the building the designated rowdy section, or alternately, a designated family section and let the rowdies disperse everywhere else.

More interaction with the crowd to get them involved.

Use technology more. Use technology, twitter, music to interact with the crowd. Get them laughing, not groaning. Generic audiogarbage doesn't cut it anymore.

The towel has been stolen by too many teams. Consider tech. improvement for playoff games. Esp. when they are hard to see during darkened arena player intros.

1. Fire DJ Dave and bring in someone with a clue that plays music that hypes an arena instead of putting it to sleep. 2. Overhaul the security gestapo who do their best to ensure the Canucks get zero home ice advantage. 3. Sell healthy edible food that isn't a complete disaster to the human body and digestive tract. 4. Lower beer prices and better beer, the swill they serve at Rogers is terrible and overpriced. 5. More bathrooms (which might be enroute) 6. Get hockey fans into the Lower Bowl instead of uninterested suits on their blackberries. 7. That intro is horrific and needs a re-do. 8. Build a team that plays for 60 minutes and the fan experience will improve drastically. 9. Trade 3-4 vets. 10.Ban the Green Men.

They can spit in my beer... give me rotten pizza... play Justin Bieber all game... I don't care.

As long as they win.

Jokes aside ... let's not be the quietest sold out arena in the league. There's no fixing that though with such a corporate crowd.

First off, it starts with a better, more exciting on-ice product, which the Canucks are going to work towards with Linden and Benning at the helm. Then the fans will begin to get more excited again.

But there definitely needs to be an improvement in the passion level of Canucks fans. Too many "Tommy texters" and not enough of "the wave" and chants/jeers, etc. More "go Canucks go"/"let's go Canucks", etc.

Better music will also help get the fans going.

People that are complaining that noisy fans are being kicked out have to consider that people are complaining about them. You need to root out these fans to be able to get a rowdy section and unfortunately, these are likely season ticket holders, so you cannot simply push them out especially when they are the whiner types.

Although as a Whitecaps season ticket holder, I find it very annoying when someone comes for one game in the supporters section and tells me to sit down because they want to sit and watch, so I do understand if those fans had chosen their season's where they thought they could enjoy the game they want without single gamers coming in and telling them to change the way of things.

I understand both sides of the situation and it is not something that Rogers Arena staff to fix, it will have to be the mentality of the fanbase itself. Hopefully a bad season or two will get some to drop out, so the ones that want to cheer loudly can swoop in.

Archived