The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carcillo automatically suspended 10 games

Idiot.

what an idiot.

Carcillo's an idiot with a brain the size of a pea.

Hated this idiot when he was on the Hawks. Now that he is gone I hate him less, glad he is being stupid somewhere else.

lol. apparently his hockey skill is equivalent to his brain skill

WOW what an IDIOT!!!

keep in mind that this idiot makes significantly more than we do

Anyone remember Hansen cross checking the ref and pushing him right out of the face off dot.

Was awesome but also he had no repercussions from the incident.

It was a total wtf is he doing moment.

This incident meh.. The guy is a goof.

Not sure if this hurts or helps the Rags, but even though the contact was marginal, you cannot do that to an official. The suspension is automatic for a reason. The penalties need to be harsh to ensure that liberties are never taken with officials. (even though I'm sure we all believe that they sometimes deserve it. B) )

No sympathy for Carcillo. It was a stupid thing to do.

It would be a very effective way of getting individuals like Sutherland to cut their garbage out.

Or to just encourage it more.

The NHL needs to deal with garbage refs and the refs need to be free to deal with the players without fear.

What if some of us make more than him? :D

I actually don't make more But I am sexier

i highly doubt people here do, but if you want to say that you do to make yourself feel better, then by all means

Doesn't give him free reign to act like an idiot nor does it give him immunity from being called an idiot for doing something idiotic.

jealousy gets you nowhere, bradley

So we know the secret now. You can whack a player in the happy sack with your stick and you get fined. But touch a ref, you're gone!

It's no secret as it's in the rule book. Physical abuse of an official is an automatic 10 game suspension.

jealousy gets you nowhere, bradley

Whats your point that he isn't an idiot just because he makes more than the average person? He just got traded from two cup contending teams in the past year. He was brought to Chicago to provide an element that the Hawks lacked, toughness, physicality and energy on the 4th line. I didn't believe Flyers fans when they said they were glad to be rid of him but it did not take long to realize that this bonehead was a liability on the ice. He had a penchant for stupidity, suffice to say I am glad we got a 6th round pick for him because I would have been satisfied giving up a 6th round pick just to have him off my team.

If I were a Rangers fan I would be glad that he out for as long as he is, in a series like this one the likelihood of Carcillo doing something stupid is much higher. Just be happy that it is a 10 game suspension and it wasn't a 5min major in a close game.

If I were a Rangers fan I would be glad that he out for as long as he is, in a series like this one the likelihood of Carcillo doing something stupid is much higher. Just be happy that it is a 10 game suspension and it wasn't a 5min major in a close game.

There is no provision in the rules for a 5 minute major for abuse of an official. There is however, for the hit that Prust put on Stepan. In fact, if that call is made, then the incident with Carcillo never occurs...

I'd say that Habs fans are the ones that should be "happy".

There is no provision in the rules for a 5 minute major for abuse of an official. There is however, for the hit that Prust put on Stepan. In fact, if that call is made, then the incident with Carcillo never occurs...

I'd say that Habs fans are the ones that should be "happy".

I was referring to Carcillo's penchant for stupid hits which end up hurting his own team. I would not trust him to keep his cool in a series like this so a 10 game suspension is preferable to Carcillo running someone over.

Archived