The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Trotz to Washington: (now confirmed)

I'm just curious why everyone is on the Oates bandwagon so badly. Gretzky was a great player too and sucked at coaching. What exactly has Oates proven as a coach in the NHL besides the Capitals massively sucking when he was at the helm?

His record is: first year NHL, knocked out first round. Second season, didn't even make the playoffs.

Sorry, but I don't want this guy as our head coach. Maybe he could be an assistant or something but I seriously doubt he wants anything other than a head coaching job. People need to give their heads a shake.

Not sure why this didnt go in the other Trotz thread because it certainly wasnt an announcement.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/360133-report-trotz-to-announce-his-new-coaching-job-in-next-48-hours/

I especially dont understand why this thread was made when the OP was one of the last people to post in the other thread.

Because that was Canucks Talk .. since he appears to have taken himself off the market, it does not belong there, and thus its own thread .. I posted in Canucks Talk in the existing thread as well.

Maybe you should re-send that Mod application?

Because that was Canucks Talk .. since he appears to have taken himself off the market, it does not belong there, and thus its own thread .. I posted in Canucks Talk in the existing thread as well.

Maybe you should re-send that Mod application?

He hasnt taken himself off the market, and it certainly didnt need another thread.

Thats was also not in Canucks talk, its right here in trades rumours and signings... Here's the title

[Report] Trotz to announce his new coaching job in next 48 hours

click the link.... http://forum.canucks.com/topic/360133-report-trotz-to-announce-his-new-coaching-job-in-next-48-hours/ .... and you posted in it as well...

I thought someone who's been around as long as you should know better....I've seen you complain many times about others doing the same so maybe you should just calm down a little bro,,,, Its not that big of a deal, I was simply pointing out what you and many others would have done....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=453057

Where does it say he's off the market??... it says he's talking to the Caps, nothing more. HNIC is not the be all end all....

Talks between the Washington Capitals and Barry Trotz appear to be heating up.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, no deal is done but talks between the two sides have intensified about the team's head coaching position.

Trotz was fired by the Nashville Predators at the end of the season after 16 years as the only head coach in franchise history.

Trotz coached 1,196 games with Nashville, second only to Gregg Popovich of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs for longest active coaching tenure in the four major sports.

He is the only NHL coach to make the playoffs with the same team in seven of eight seasons between 2003-04 and 2011-12.

The Capitals fired head coach Adam Oates and did not renew the contract of general manager George McPhee at the end of the season after the team missed the playoffs with a record of 38-30-14.

I did a little research and found you are right....

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/24/nhl-notebook-barry-trotz-next-coach-of-capitals

It appears Barry Trotz will get the chance to continue his coaching career in the U.S. capital.

Discussions between the former Nashville Predators bench boss and the Washington Capitals intensified Saturday, according to TSN.

In addition, Hockey Night in Canada reported Trotz informed teams he is no longer available as a coaching candidate.

Trotz was fired by the Preds after 16 seasons and 1,196 games as the only head coach in franchise history.

If hired by the Caps, he would replace fired head coach Adam Oates, who lasted just two seasons behind the Washington bench.

However, you didnt include any links etc... now we all know the right info

I do not however, see anything on cbcsports.ca that confirms he's off the market, although the Sun reports it.

I did a little research and found you are right....

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/24/nhl-notebook-barry-trotz-next-coach-of-capitals

It appears Barry Trotz will get the chance to continue his coaching career in the U.S. capital.

Discussions between the former Nashville Predators bench boss and the Washington Capitals intensified Saturday, according to TSN.

In addition, Hockey Night in Canada reported Trotz informed teams he is no longer available as a coaching candidate.

Trotz was fired by the Preds after 16 seasons and 1,196 games as the only head coach in franchise history.

If hired by the Caps, he would replace fired head coach Adam Oates, who lasted just two seasons behind the Washington bench.

However, you didnt include any links etc... now we all know the right info

I do not however, see anything on cbcsports.ca that confirms he's off the market, although the Sun reports it.

I was reporting a rumor .. and to the best of my knowledge, I have never acted like a Moderator in any regards, especially folks posting in the wrong Forum or thread .. Elvis15 has that covered .. :lol:

Trotz better get used to his captain doing some of this very often!

fc8f6fcb523463de5b60ad3e618a8212.gif

Bro cut ovy some slack... His controller disconnected. Happens to me all the time... One of his friends probably tripped on the wire or his battery ran out

I was reporting a rumor .. and to the best of my knowledge, I have never acted like a Moderator in any regards, especially folks posting in the wrong Forum or thread .. Elvis15 has that covered .. :lol:

You forgot to thank 6YPE for his extensive research that led to us all now having the right info: Trotz has announced he is off the market.

Lol!

Too bad if true, I'd love him here. That said, I'd still be pretty happy with Stevens as the "consolation prize" if he does go to Washington.

Still, I'd be surprised if they were hiring a coach prior to a GM but you never know...

Too bad if true, I'd love him here. That said, I'd still be pretty happy with Stevens as the "consolation prize" if he does go to Washington.

Still, I'd be surprised if they were hiring a coach prior to a GM but you never know...

There's still no official word from the Caps and no new news on this front. Both the HNIC and TSN reports seems to stem from the tweet from Lawless out of WPG. IMO, this is still in rumour territory.

Archived