The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Willie Desjardins]CoachCareer 6/3 update:In Calder Cup Final

Merci

I think Vancouver are in a really good situation right now.

For me, Stevens is the guy for the head coaching job. He has seen plenty of success at the NHL level, He has been the right hand man of one of the better coaches in this league, has been a massive reason why the Kings are so good, and has already been a head coach in the NHL (Philladelphia - Fairly succesful). I expect the Canucks to go for Stevens as the head coach.

Willie would be more suited as an assistant right now and I think him and Gulutzan would be a good pair because of their history and it seems like they work very well together.

Oates would be another option for an assistant job and I think he could do wonders with our PP.

I would be VERY happy with either combination of Stevens and Desjardins/Oates.

Never thought of that

good connection. Apparently Gulutzan was kept on because he and Kassian really clicked, maybe it's proof Dejardins really is a guru with kids.

Fine. But how is he with vets? The Canucks won't be moving all the vets out and rebuild. That's asinine and Benning said he'd retool quickly.

Tortorella is really good with kids too.

Willie Desjardins is a great choice for a coach. His record as Tigers coach was excellent, and he has 3 years experience in the pro system already. I have been wondering when he would make the jump to the NHL, I hope these rumours are true.

He also played for the Canucks.....The Moose Jaw Canucks that is ;)

Also: Gulutzan and Willie worked together in the Dallas system, so there is familiarity there.

Omg desjardins is coaching nick ritchies brother.

Could u freaking imagine we draft him and get desjardins holy good god. Its all falling into place.

Now that you mention it he is also coaching Brendan Gaunce's brother, Cameron. I guess it's a small world after all.

I don't mind Ritchie but I would rather go after Reinhart or Bennett by trading up.

Well Gl doing that with Edmonton or Calgary, so make a package for Buffalo

I am down for 6th, Gaunce, Stanton and nothing more which probably wouldn't get it done.

The Canucks better at least contact the Stars or touch base with Desjardins. If we lose out on Trotz and now this guy in the same off-season we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by playing against coaches that could have really helped us. Stevens will be gone before we know it too.

The Canucks better at least contact the Stars or touch base with Desjardins. If we lose out on Trotz and now this guy in the same off-season we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by playing against coaches that could have really helped us. Stevens will be gone before we know it too.

We didn't lose out on trotz...... Please get this fact straight..... We will not be pressured into doing anything unreasonable.

I don't think both candidates are being contacted now by any team. Unlike the Assistant GM which isn't directly involved in the Playoff happenings, I think both Stevens and Desjardins are too focused and occupied right now to entertain any calls or interviews.

Archived