The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] The Magnificent Seven- Game over! SK wins!

otherwise

Congrats to Kes on winning as the SK

Now for an update on PPCLI

The last three days I've held of updating since I was unsure how this was going to end and I wanted to speak with Peter before posting these details

Early Thursday morning he went into cardiac arrest unexpectedly however luckily he was able to be resuscitated. He has also had a partial lung transplant. Since then he has been totally stabilized and has been moved out of ICU.

I Skype'd with him early today and he looks in very rough shape but he is in good spirits and is now well on the road to recovery. He was very deeply saddened to learn that 2 people in the other car died. He sends his regards to everyone and also said he will be back among us soon .

On another note

Earlier today he had a very special visitor General Raymond T. "Ray" Odierno army chief of staff who brought some amazing news. ( Peter will be pissed when he see's that I told you guys this he's way too humble) It was confirmed today that Peter is to receive a second Silver star (3rd highest decoration for bravery) for actions in Iraq in May 2009.

The last three days I've held of updating since I was unsure how this was going to end and I wanted to speak with Peter before posting these details

Early Thursday morning he went into cardiac arrest unexpectedly however luckily he was able to be resuscitated. He has also had a partial lung transplant. Since then he has been totally stabilized and has been moved out of ICU.

I Skype'd with him early today and he looks in very rough shape but he is in good spirits and is now well on the road to recovery. He was very deeply saddened to learn that 2 people in the other car died. He sends his regards to everyone and also said he will be back among us soon .

On another note

Earlier today he had a very special visitor General Raymond T. "Ray" Odierno army chief of staff who brought some amazing news. ( Peter will be pissed when he see's that I told you guys this he's way too humble) It was confirmed today that Peter is to receive a second Silver star (3rd highest decoration for bravery) for actions in Iraq in May 2009.

Happy to hear that he pulled through, and that he is out of the ICU now. I don't know much of anything about Peter personally, but it seems like he needs to cut it with the modesty, because he sounds like a better man than I.

On another note

What the hell happened??

What the hell happened??

I regrettably come bearing sad news regarding my good friend PPCLI

This was posted on a forum that both me and PPCLI frequent.

``It is with a heavy heart that I pass on the news that Forum moderator Srgt Canuck (PPCLI) has been involved in a serious car accident. He is in critical condition having suffered serious burns to his arms , serious smoke inhalation and several other undisclosed injuries. At this time we understand that it is unsure whether or not he will be able to make a full recovery.

We will keep you updated as soon as we hear anything. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Peter and his family in this difficult time.

The GMIC Moderating team ``

I contacted PPCLI`s grandfather who lives in the same are as me and he confirmed this.

If I hear anything I will let you guys know as I know he has several good friends here.

I have an update

I was able to get ahold of his wife and she told me he regained consciousness briefly last night and that the doctors think he should be able to make a full recovery.

The accident happened 7 days ago and since then he has underwent successful surgery to stop some internal bleeding ,as well as having skin graft's on his arms and one hand , his lungs where somewhat damaged by smoke inhalation but it's apparently not serious lastly his pinkie finger and ring finger on his right hand have been removed.

Thats what I've found out regarding his condition. Peter is a fighter who survived being shot in Iraq and several IED blast's in both Iraq and Afghanistan I have no doubt that it will take more than this to kill him.

I passed on all your well wishes for his recovery and his wife will pass them on as soon as he regains consciousness.

I have more news (I'm in contact with his family so I will be getting regular updates and I will pass them on to you )

Peter has been in and out of consciousness all day and is in good spirits when he is conscious . He wishes to pass on his thanks for your well wishes. From what I've heard he is still in pretty rough shape but the doctors are hopeful that he is going to pull through with no serious complications.

I've also been told that his list of injuries is as follows

3rd degree burns to his hands and lower arms

3 Broken ribs

Minor Internal bleeding

2 amputated fingers

Undetermined amount of damage to his lungs

None of this sounds life threatening so this is encouraging to hear.

:(

If there is any interest in another game, and no one wants to host I will. But I will leave it up in the air right now as it seems there is a lull in Mafia. If I were to host I would like a 20+ Game.

Im back in black (kinda) Tiff finally got this whole voice recognition thing going.

Im feeling alot better these past few days and am looking forward to being able to go home.

First off thank you for all the well wishes I deeply appreciate your support

Secondly thank you to Big Mike for acting as a go between. No thanks for dragging my service into this I would have preferred that that particular bit of news had news stayed on one of the military forums.

Lastly congratulations to Aladeen and Kes for their wins as SK.

I once got a gold star on a homework assignment. Gold star > Silver star.

Thanks for the update, Big Mike. Happy to hear he's out of the woods. :)

And congrats on the SK win, Kes. Now you can claim MVP status.

They're basically the same thing one's just for grown ups that play war.

Archived