The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3-year-old remembers he was murdered in a past life, locates old body

Can't find this reported on any reputable website. That should tell you all you need to know.

It's in a published storybook authenticated by a doctor who witnesses it first hand. Not everything has to be on a website to be true you know, like the mainstream media for example. They don't talk about a lot of things, doesn't mean it's not happening.

I don't believe it. Unfortunately religious extremists are far too likely to make something up. Would be cool if really true but I just have to say the boy was coerced into this. And the body had been known about by someone. Who probably then came up with the idea of having the boy claim it.

Well...I'm not saying I don't believe you nor am I saying I believe this story, but "religious extremists"?

They don't sound very extreme...

"The Druze (Arabic: درزي, derzī or durzī‎, plural دروز, durūz; Hebrew: דְּרוּזִים, druzim) are an esoteric monotheisticreligious community found primarily in Syria, Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan. The religion incorporates elements of Ismailism, Gnosticism, Neoplatonism and other philosophies"

I am not a religious person at all. But if I had to choose one story-line that I found most fitting, it would likely be re-incarnation. I mean, practically everything else in the universe is continually recycled, why not 'souls'?Although I find it more likely that someone told him about all of this and he is parroting it. Would have been more impressive if his past life was someone in a completely different country and background. Unless there is zoning restrictions on soul allocation or something.

Well first one would have to believe in 'souls' and I for one do not accept that concept.

My mind is open. What we cannot discount with irrefutable evidence...is possible,... and reincarnation may not necessarily be the only explanation.

We dont need irrefutable evidence. This is a case where the only evidence that it happened at all is anecdotal. Hitchens razor states that "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" . This story can be dismissed.

EDIT: I really wish people would stop posting stories from lulz websites as actual news.

It's in a published storybook authenticated by a doctor who witnesses it first hand. Not everything has to be on a website to be true you know, like the mainstream media for example. They don't talk about a lot of things, doesn't mean it's not happening.

You'd think that something this potentially game changing would be on a website or two, wouldn't you? At least one with people discussing it.

Maybe my BS meter is just a little more sensitive than yours.

Well...I'm not saying I don't believe you nor am I saying I believe this story, but "religious extremists"?

They don't sound very extreme...

"The Druze (Arabic: درزي, derzī or durzī‎, plural دروز, durūz; Hebrew: דְּרוּזִים, druzim) are an esoteric monotheisticreligious community found primarily in Syria, Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan. The religion incorporates elements of Ismailism, Gnosticism, Neoplatonism and other philosophies"

Still one or more extremists could exist within the group. Not necessarily the whole group. All it takes is one person to decide they want to push this idea strongly. I'm too lazy to dig but I would be curious to see what the beliefs are of the group around the child and if they are 'pro reincarnation'. Which would be a big red flag of course. But regardless this is a non story to me because I believe it was fabricated.

You'd think that something this potentially game changing would be on a website or two, wouldn't you? At least one with people discussing it.

Maybe my BS meter is just a little more sensitive than yours.

Seems like your the sensitive one by the looks of it.

You need to keep an open mind cause after all, the kid is 3 and with nothing to prove.

It's a scam. The boy was obviously put up to this, most likely by his parents. We've seen situations like this before. Like the story about that 2 year old artist when in reality it was the parents the whole time. I don't buy this one bit

Edit: and think about it. How would the boy know where he was supposedly buried? He was killed with an axe before he got buried so there's no way in hell he would know. The parents probably killed the guy and and came up with this scheme to frame some poor sap

It's a scam. The boy was obviously put up to this, most likely by his parents. We've seen situations like this before. Like the story about that 2 year old artist when in reality it was the parents the whole time. I don't buy this one bit

It's a shame people can't just accept life for what it is and rather live in fantasy. But I suppose if that's what helps them enjoy it then that's fine. For me I need to live with a clear understanding of who and where I am without the old old stories. Then again some people don't have a choice as since childhood it's beaten into their brain until they have no doubt. Which is sad to me.

Well you can assume that but why would the guy eventually plead guilty? And an agenda? Lol, like Herectic said it's not a big group or anything so yea, makes no sense if they gained a few followers or something..

How do they feel about reincarnation prior to this discovery?

I bet I know the answer without even looking.

How do they feel about reincarnation prior to this discovery?

I bet I know the answer without even looking.

Well of course - right from the article

"The boy was part of the Druze ethnic group, where reincarnation is accepted as fact."

Though nothing in Wiki on that....

Found this:

Central in the the Druze world system is the belief in reincarnation, where all souls are reborn as humans, good as well as bad. Good people have a more fortunate rebirth than bad people. Behind this system is the belief that man cannot reach perfection and unite with God. Hell and heaven in this world view differ from most other Middle Eastern religions, and bear clear resemblances with Gnostic philosophy and religion, as heaven is only spiritual, where man stops being man and is saved from more rebirths. Hell is just as spiritual and is the distance from, and the longing to, unity with God which goes on in life time after life time for the bad.

http://www.druze.org.au/religion/

Seems like your the sensitive one by the looks of it.

If asking hard questions and wanting to see any sort of evidence other than 3rd hand stories makes me sensitive then I readily plead guilty.

I refuse to be so open minded that my brain falls out of my head.

Well you can assume that but why would the guy eventually plead guilty? And an agenda? Lol, like Herectic said it's not a big group or anything so yea, makes no sense if they gained a few followers or something..

What is the guilty guy's name? What charges if any is he facing? Has he been tried in court yet?

Seeing as how this allegedly happened 14 years ago shouldn't we have all these answers by now?

Archived