The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The fans destroyed this team

Makall

I want people to know that it was not Luongo, or AV or Mike Gillis that caused the destruction of the Canucks. It was the fans.

Each of them are having great success since leaving the organization. AV is going to the Stanley Cup Finals again and the coach we swapped with... well he's got anger management issues and got fired for ACTUAL poor performance.

It's easier to work/play when you don't have 1000s of people sending you death threats, telling you to leave, and booing you every single day. I'm positive now that we could've won the Stanley Cup that year if the whole city didn't criticize AV and Luongo for every single thing, each and every game. Hard to concentrate when under pressure (and possible death) by 1000s of people surrounding you (outside and inside).

But you can't change the mentality of a whole city. This will continue even with the next set of people and it is why we will never win. People don't know what's good until they lose them.

I wish AV and Luongo good luck and win a cup soon. They deserve it.

Ok, I think you're exaggerating a little.... or mabye a lot. Thousands of death threats, as well as booing them every game? I know the booing every game is false, and if there were so many threats, our media would've been all over it. Especially if the players were fearing for their own safety.

The fans here aren't perfect, but what fan base is? This fan base is guilty of apathy if anything. We aren't responsible for the "destruction of the Canucks" as you put it, because this team isn't destroyed. One non-playoff year isn't evidence of that, though they have seemed to be slowly declining the last two years.

This team will win it someday, don't worry. There is no need to be so melodramatic.

Ah, panic threads. A segment of the CDC population must certainly love them.

Notice how I'm not saying "ALL" fans? That is because, like every fanbase you have good and bad apples...the larger the group, the larger the chance of having some drama queens thrown into the mix. Just simple math. Even these vocal drama queens however have no effect on how the team is ran and I highly doubt this will change in the future. So rest easy, OP...the franchise rests in Mr. Linden's hands, not the Green Men or the corporate stooges who sit in the best seats with their faces in their phones.

In conclusion. The fans(who finance this club) are not to blame...the responsibility firmly lies on the management team, past, present and future. Just as it always has.

Well we do have some terrible fans. Most of us are crazy because going to the finals 3 times and game 7 twice without winning, is like having massive blue b@$# for 3 generations.

LMAO...THIS...

I do agree, we've got some bad fans that would be better suited to root for Edmonton. Ultimately it's the media that spreads the message and fuels that fire. LU could've won us a cup with a 7-1 victory in game 7 and they'd spend more time talking about the one shot he let in, rather than the 7 our forwards put in, or the many more shots he stopped.

EDIT: I blame Gillis more than the fans, our team, you know, the one on the ice actually playing, THEY made it to game 7. Then Gillis gutted the team like a frackin salmon.

I suspect the OP is one of those children who were coddled in the education system. Everyone gets a trophy, no one keeps score, there are no losers only winners. Too bad for them the real world does keep score. As you can tell by the majority of replies.

Quit placing blame where it does not belong and join the rest of us in reality.

And the OP wrote this because either:

A: AV is going to the finals with a deeper team than we have.

B: Benning was hired a week ago and the whole roster hasn't changed overnight, and we don't have 30 first round draft picks.

St. Louis hasn't won a cup since they entered the league. Toronto hasn't even gotten to the Stanley Cup finals since 1967.

Yes, we're overdue, and fans are getting impatient. Benning can't wave a magic wand and fix EVERYTHING overnight.

I want people to know that it was not Luongo, or AV or Mike Gillis that caused the destruction of the Canucks. It was the fans.

Each of them are having great success since leaving the organization. AV is going to the Stanley Cup Finals again and the coach we swapped with... well he's got anger management issues and got fired for ACTUAL poor performance.

It's easier to work/play when you don't have 1000s of people sending you death threats, telling you to leave, and booing you every single day. I'm positive now that we could've won the Stanley Cup that year if the whole city didn't criticize AV and Luongo for every single thing, each and every game. Hard to concentrate when under pressure (and possible death) by 1000s of people surrounding you (outside and inside).

But you can't change the mentality of a whole city. This will continue even with the next set of people and it is why we will never win. People don't know what's good until they lose them.

I wish AV and Luongo good luck and win a cup soon. They deserve it.

It's was MG who destroyed the team he should have been fired years ago, made AV his scapegoat for his inability to roster a team.

Lou is going to win a cup in FL.... Lol.

I have been a fan of this team through the good year and the bad since the 80's. I have since moved from Vancouver and British Columbia and set roots in multiple other cities and while I have remained a diehard Canucks fan, even though now I am on the east coast and the games don't end until 1:00 Am, the up again at 6:00 for work, I have to admit the opening post is on to something.

I have been on this forum for about 9 years now. I post very little. I can't. The drivel and bile that get's thrown around here... this place is like an asylum. I come here now pretty much totally for news. A million teenagers sifting through a million tweets at a million computers will eventually post something of interest or relevance.

Of all the places I have been, Vancouver is full of some of the most ridiculously self-entitled, self-absorbed, fatuous and juvenile individuals I know. Look at this thread, you call them out and what do you get? GIFs of people crying and blaming their behavior on the team being bad. "Don't blame me! I'm not the problem! Mommy says I'm special!"

Blaming it on the team being bad!?! We were one of the best teams in the entire sport for the last, what, 3 or 4 years until recently. What was your excuse two years ago.

They get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Sure... but not in a damn bubble. One of the best skills a player can have is confidence, it runs the whole game. You take away that and what do you have? Players feel the pressure. Why do you think Montreal has trouble signing french stars? The french media in that city or hyenas. Any time I here this argument I shake my head the incredible feat of ignorance it takes to form that argument in your brain. Throwing money at the problem (but they get paid so much!) doesn't make it go away.

It's not just the fans. The sports media in Vancouver is a whole 'nother level of terrible. They are incredibly pessimistic even in the best of time. For them, when it is sunny they are too hot, when it is overcast they are too cold and during the height of spring the weather is too boring and the wish it was hotter or colder.

And then it doesn't go their way... the canucks get so close and lose in game 7. Let's push over some cop cars and light them on fire... that'll show the team!

I don't miss BC. Well, that is not true. I miss the mountains and the ocean. I'm in Toronto now (which has just as big of a problem with their fan base) and we don't have mountains, just humidity. I don't miss the people, they can all go hang. Trust fund barbies and leather skinned trophy wives juxtaposed with patchouli scented hipsters and yolo shouting, gold chain bedazzled teenagers in BMWs their helicopter parents gave them to buy their love...

The team changes, it's always called the same but the management turns over, players come and go, coaches come and go with rather more frequency yet it is always the same fans... The problem has been constant, and the only thing constant is the fans... What does that tell you?

It's was MG who destroyed the team he should have been fired years ago, made AV his scapegoat for his inability to roster a team.

Lou is going to win a cup in FL.... Lol.

What's your excuse before MG was hired? The fans, the sentiment... all of it was exactly the same then.

If you go through 100 partners and none of them work out... maybe the problem is you.

What's your excuse before MG was hired? The fans, the sentiment... all of it was exactly the same then.

If you go through 100 partners and none of them work out... maybe the problem is you.

Lol, what?

Don't look now but the man is watching you.... Better run now.

Lololo

You're acting like a baby and people had every right to be upset with MG. In his last 3 years he threw everything out the window of what it meant to be a Canuck and made it all about saving his precious little job.

Archived