The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The fans destroyed this team

Makall

I want people to know that it was not Luongo, or AV or Mike Gillis that caused the destruction of the Canucks. It was the fans.

Each of them are having great success since leaving the organization. AV is going to the Stanley Cup Finals again and the coach we swapped with... well he's got anger management issues and got fired for ACTUAL poor performance.

It's easier to work/play when you don't have 1000s of people sending you death threats, telling you to leave, and booing you every single day. I'm positive now that we could've won the Stanley Cup that year if the whole city didn't criticize AV and Luongo for every single thing, each and every game. Hard to concentrate when under pressure (and possible death) by 1000s of people surrounding you (outside and inside).

But you can't change the mentality of a whole city. This will continue even with the next set of people and it is why we will never win. People don't know what's good until they lose them.

I wish AV and Luongo good luck and win a cup soon. They deserve it.

Oh are u finished.

*faaaaaaaaaarrttttttttttt

Can we get over this the fans did anything bull****.

The fans did nothing because the fans have no power to do anything.

Anybody who thinks by not buying a ticket they're having some effect on the team or that by chanting Luo sucks or Fire Gillis actually had anything to do with anything needs to really stop and think about it.

I'm not defending this fan base at all but believing we as fans actually matter might be part of the problem with this fan base.

40+ years of frustration... Yea we should all just prance around, clap and cheer about the annual first round exits

Why not? At least Canucks made it to the Playoffs and got Division Titles and President Trophies to boot. That 2011 to 2012 Season when the Panthers won the SE Division and made it the playoffs, then next season their lifted their banner with pride and joy.

Not saying I agree with the OP, I think its rather pathetic to blame a team because of the fans since it's the fans that kept the team alive through thick and thin. But Canucks have been a good team, sure they have been on a decline and it sucks that the team hasn't won a cup yet but I think fans are appreciative that the Canucks have been a good team over the last few years.

Why dont i see the fans the way u ppl do at all.

I see millions of bandwagoners that are usually girls and non traditonal hockey.

Millions of guys who cheer for detroit la or chicago

Millions of canucks fans tired of being canucks fans prob who youre talking about.

And then the real fans who actually have a perspective and can observe mg going gofling instead of scouting players. And were the bad ones who dont support the team. Yea ok like another poster said keep cheering for the first roubd exits while i cheer for bo horvat in the memorial cup so we actually see a change.

Canucks fans are the worst cuz theres tons of different kinds. And the op is the kind that blames a fan base for a loss instead of the players and management. Youre slime

The fans don't draft players and make trades. The fans don't coach the powerplay or penalty kill or make the lines. The fans don't defend, or shoot, or skate, or make saves.

This thread is a joke in so many ways. For starters, it's based on the false premise that the team is "destroyed". Grow up.

So sick of posts from fans that look down their nose at every other fan. If your so disgusted with our fandom, go find another team.

Not really an option- men tend to be more faithful to their teams then they are to their wives. The fandom is like the in-laws... You don't actually have to like them, or even respect them. You just have to tolerate them.

So sick of posts from fans that look down their nose at every other fan. If your so disgusted with our fandom, go find another team.

Yup, and good luck for those people finding a fan base devoid of fans similar to the ones the OP complains about.

Remember, once you're off the bandwagon you can't come back.

The athletes, coach and GM make hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year. I have no sympathy for them when it comes to fans being "mean." Suck it up buttercup, you make more money than most people and get to play a damn sport. They are almost wholy supported by the fan base except a select number of complainers. If they cant maintain confidence in light of that then I dont know what to tell them.

That said, we do have one of the worst fan bases in the league. Bi-polar is what we are as a fan base.

I have been a fan of this team through the good year and the bad since the 80's. I have since moved from Vancouver and British Columbia and set roots in multiple other cities and while I have remained a diehard Canucks fan, even though now I am on the east coast and the games don't end until 1:00 Am, the up again at 6:00 for work, I have to admit the opening post is on to something.

I have been on this forum for about 9 years now. I post very little. I can't. The drivel and bile that get's thrown around here... this place is like an asylum. I come here now pretty much totally for news. A million teenagers sifting through a million tweets at a million computers will eventually post something of interest or relevance.

Of all the places I have been, Vancouver is full of some of the most ridiculously self-entitled, self-absorbed, fatuous and juvenile individuals I know. Look at this thread, you call them out and what do you get? GIFs of people crying and blaming their behavior on the team being bad. "Don't blame me! I'm not the problem! Mommy says I'm special!"

Blaming it on the team being bad!?! We were one of the best teams in the entire sport for the last, what, 3 or 4 years until recently. What was your excuse two years ago.

They get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Sure... but not in a damn bubble. One of the best skills a player can have is confidence, it runs the whole game. You take away that and what do you have? Players feel the pressure. Why do you think Montreal has trouble signing french stars? The french media in that city or hyenas. Any time I here this argument I shake my head the incredible feat of ignorance it takes to form that argument in your brain. Throwing money at the problem (but they get paid so much!) doesn't make it go away.

It's not just the fans. The sports media in Vancouver is a whole 'nother level of terrible. They are incredibly pessimistic even in the best of time. For them, when it is sunny they are too hot, when it is overcast they are too cold and during the height of spring the weather is too boring and the wish it was hotter or colder.

And then it doesn't go their way... the canucks get so close and lose in game 7. Let's push over some cop cars and light them on fire... that'll show the team!

I don't miss BC. Well, that is not true. I miss the mountains and the ocean. I'm in Toronto now (which has just as big of a problem with their fan base) and we don't have mountains, just humidity. I don't miss the people, they can all go hang. Trust fund barbies and leather skinned trophy wives juxtaposed with patchouli scented hipsters and yolo shouting, gold chain bedazzled teenagers in BMWs their helicopter parents gave them to buy their love...

The team changes, it's always called the same but the management turns over, players come and go, coaches come and go with rather more frequency yet it is always the same fans... The problem has been constant, and the only thing constant is the fans... What does that tell you?

Holy sweeping statements, Scruffy!

Gillis was a pretty horrible GM, that's why fans are so upset.

I m pretty sure not many here actually complain about gillis until they chased av and Lu out of town.

Then they turn their attention on gillis and did exactly what they had done to the previous players

Management and players affect success more than any fans. It's nice to think we can control the outcome of the game but it's also incredibly naive and self centred. If you blame the fans for making us lose in the cup final you have to give the fans credit for getting us there. It's incredibly silly.

Whatever pressure the fans put on the team, I guarantee the players put 10000x more on themselves. They're the ones who have worked their whole lives for that moment.

Management and players affect success more than any fans. It's nice to think we can control the outcome of the game but it's also incredibly naive and self centred. If you blame the fans for making us lose in the cup final you have to give the fans credit for getting us there. It's incredibly silly.

Whatever pressure the fans put on the team, I guarantee the players put 10000x more on themselves. They're the ones who have worked their whole lives for that moment.

Tell anybody playing the seahawks at home that the fans don't matter...

I have been a fan of this team through the good year and the bad since the 80's. I have since moved from Vancouver and British Columbia and set roots in multiple other cities and while I have remained a diehard Canucks fan, even though now I am on the east coast and the games don't end until 1:00 Am, the up again at 6:00 for work, I have to admit the opening post is on to something.

I have been on this forum for about 9 years now. I post very little. I can't. The drivel and bile that get's thrown around here... this place is like an asylum. I come here now pretty much totally for news. A million teenagers sifting through a million tweets at a million computers will eventually post something of interest or relevance.

Of all the places I have been, Vancouver is full of some of the most ridiculously self-entitled, self-absorbed, fatuous and juvenile individuals I know. Look at this thread, you call them out and what do you get? GIFs of people crying and blaming their behavior on the team being bad. "Don't blame me! I'm not the problem! Mommy says I'm special!"

Blaming it on the team being bad!?! We were one of the best teams in the entire sport for the last, what, 3 or 4 years until recently. What was your excuse two years ago.

They get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Sure... but not in a damn bubble. One of the best skills a player can have is confidence, it runs the whole game. You take away that and what do you have? Players feel the pressure. Why do you think Montreal has trouble signing french stars? The french media in that city or hyenas. Any time I here this argument I shake my head the incredible feat of ignorance it takes to form that argument in your brain. Throwing money at the problem (but they get paid so much!) doesn't make it go away.

It's not just the fans. The sports media in Vancouver is a whole 'nother level of terrible. They are incredibly pessimistic even in the best of time. For them, when it is sunny they are too hot, when it is overcast they are too cold and during the height of spring the weather is too boring and the wish it was hotter or colder.

And then it doesn't go their way... the canucks get so close and lose in game 7. Let's push over some cop cars and light them on fire... that'll show the team!

I don't miss BC. Well, that is not true. I miss the mountains and the ocean. I'm in Toronto now (which has just as big of a problem with their fan base) and we don't have mountains, just humidity. I don't miss the people, they can all go hang. Trust fund barbies and leather skinned trophy wives juxtaposed with patchouli scented hipsters and yolo shouting, gold chain bedazzled teenagers in BMWs their helicopter parents gave them to buy their love...

The team changes, it's always called the same but the management turns over, players come and go, coaches come and go with rather more frequency yet it is always the same fans... The problem has been constant, and the only thing constant is the fans... What does that tell you?

You may not post much, but you hit the nail on the head. Well said.

Archived