The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The fans destroyed this team

Makall

Gillis deviating too much from his original course....is what doomed the team - this year. Having a league power-broker like Burkie as an enemy...definitely didn't help matters, either. But, having an league-insider like Benning...who's got a proven track record of evaluating potential & talent ..will be an up-grade on Gillis in and of itself.

Man u r so fucked up! Yea so the fans let in 8 goals against boston, the fans made luongo give up soft goals, the fans made horrible moves for the team. Yea, listen buddy, I don't know what ur on, but last time I checked its was the gm, coach, & luongo, plus the team didn't exactly perform. So go back to school son. Si out!

Gillis deviated too much from his original course....is what doomed the team - this year. Having a league power-broker like Burkie as an enemy...definitely didn't help matters, either. Having an league-insider...who's has a proven rack record of evaluating potential & talent...for players in our system & out of it...will be an up-grade on Gillis... in and of itself.

Gillis carried baggage and Tootsie was a lightening rod of lunacy.

Aqua man and then Linden wiped the slate clean.

The money flow dictated the result so I would say the $$paying fans are everything.

Astute fans -corporate and retail- along with proactive management just reversed the complete direction ,and potential fortunes, of this team.

well you either not a fan or your part of the problem according to your statements.

theres alot of good fans and bad fans for every team, to think this team is unique just isn't true. AV's time was up, Louie was mishandle and fans get frustrated when good situations turn into huge negative ones (shieds lou). this team like so many others has passionate fans. i rather see fans voicing there frustration than saying oh well baseballs on and who cares, and believe me does the owners and management.

the media that surrounds this team is so critical and negative its pathetic, i don't know if thats the case with other franchises but it seems that alot of fans feed on the negativity from the media and it snowballs. rarely do we read a positive story about our canucks even when there winning the media wants to point out the faults and flaws. i for one have just stopped reading the province sports and other "reports", i turn the channel when don the dinosaur cherry comes on cbc. i just don't care what these scum balls have to say since there job isn't to report its to sell.

Man u r so fracked up! Yea so the fans let in 8 goals against boston, the fans made luongo give up soft goals, the fans made horrible moves for the team. Yea, listen buddy, I don't know what ur on, but last time I checked its was the gm, coach, & luongo, plus the team didn't exactly perform. So go back to school son. Si out!

angry schneider fan is still angry

I want people to know that it was not Luongo, or AV or Mike Gillis that caused the destruction of the Canucks. It was the fans.

Each of them are having great success since leaving the organization. AV is going to the Stanley Cup Finals again and the coach we swapped with... well he's got anger management issues and got fired for ACTUAL poor performance.

It's easier to work/play when you don't have 1000s of people sending you death threats, telling you to leave, and booing you every single day. I'm positive now that we could've won the Stanley Cup that year if the whole city didn't criticize AV and Luongo for every single thing, each and every game. Hard to concentrate when under pressure (and possible death) by 1000s of people surrounding you (outside and inside).

But you can't change the mentality of a whole city. This will continue even with the next set of people and it is why we will never win. People don't know what's good until they lose them.

I wish AV and Luongo good luck and win a cup soon. They deserve it.

BS.

So you are saying that the fan sent death threats to Luongo, AV, and Gillis? How did you know that unless... you are one of those that sent a death letter.

No body thinks Luongo or AV destructed the team. Gillis on the other hand, made some poor decisions that led to the destruction and ultimately, his own.

Besides, how can fans destruct the team? You mean Gillis is such an idiot that all of his decisions were made to satisfy the fans?

I have been a fan of this team through the good year and the bad since the 80's. I have since moved from Vancouver and British Columbia and set roots in multiple other cities and while I have remained a diehard Canucks fan, even though now I am on the east coast and the games don't end until 1:00 Am, the up again at 6:00 for work, I have to admit the opening post is on to something.

I have been on this forum for about 9 years now. I post very little. I can't. The drivel and bile that get's thrown around here... this place is like an asylum. I come here now pretty much totally for news. A million teenagers sifting through a million tweets at a million computers will eventually post something of interest or relevance.

Of all the places I have been, Vancouver is full of some of the most ridiculously self-entitled, self-absorbed, fatuous and juvenile individuals I know. Look at this thread, you call them out and what do you get? GIFs of people crying and blaming their behavior on the team being bad. "Don't blame me! I'm not the problem! Mommy says I'm special!"

Blaming it on the team being bad!?! We were one of the best teams in the entire sport for the last, what, 3 or 4 years until recently. What was your excuse two years ago.

They get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Sure... but not in a damn bubble. One of the best skills a player can have is confidence, it runs the whole game. You take away that and what do you have? Players feel the pressure. Why do you think Montreal has trouble signing french stars? The french media in that city or hyenas. Any time I here this argument I shake my head the incredible feat of ignorance it takes to form that argument in your brain. Throwing money at the problem (but they get paid so much!) doesn't make it go away.

It's not just the fans. The sports media in Vancouver is a whole 'nother level of terrible. They are incredibly pessimistic even in the best of time. For them, when it is sunny they are too hot, when it is overcast they are too cold and during the height of spring the weather is too boring and the wish it was hotter or colder.

And then it doesn't go their way... the canucks get so close and lose in game 7. Let's push over some cop cars and light them on fire... that'll show the team!

I don't miss BC. Well, that is not true. I miss the mountains and the ocean. I'm in Toronto now (which has just as big of a problem with their fan base) and we don't have mountains, just humidity. I don't miss the people, they can all go hang. Trust fund barbies and leather skinned trophy wives juxtaposed with patchouli scented hipsters and yolo shouting, gold chain bedazzled teenagers in BMWs their helicopter parents gave them to buy their love...

The team changes, it's always called the same but the management turns over, players come and go, coaches come and go with rather more frequency yet it is always the same fans... The problem has been constant, and the only thing constant is the fans... What does that tell you?

Well, you bring up some good points,some fans nowadays could be more supportive, the media here does have its hacks, and there are some self-entitled/spoiled people in this city. But you're just making generalizations, and the tone with which you make your argument with I take issue with, quite frankly you're whining. The statements you make don't encompass everyone in this city, every fan, or every member of the media.

The OP also wrote with an arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude, that talked down to everyone. So why wouldn't that set people off? Whether or not you agree with what was said, you have to admit that there are better ways to get your point across.

As to calling people in this city juvenile, well that's the pot calling the kettle black. Saying the people of Vancouver can all go hang? That's as juvenile a saying as I've ever heard. So, for your sake, I really hope you grow up.

Well, you bring up some good points,some fans nowadays could be more supportive, the media here does have its hacks, and there are some self-entitled/spoiled people in this city. But you're just making generalizations, and the tone with which you make your argument with I take issue with, quite frankly you're whining. The statements you make don't encompass everyone in this city, every fan, or every member of the media.

The OP also wrote with an arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude, that talked down to everyone. So why wouldn't that set people off? Whether or not you agree with what was said, you have to admit that there are better ways to get your point across.

As to calling people in this city juvenile, well that's the pot calling the kettle black. Saying the people of Vancouver can all go hang? That's as juvenile a saying as I've ever heard. So, for your sake, I really hope you grow up.

Here we go, this is better, thank you. From here we can have a discussion.

I will admit to being over-general in my comments, however I strongly believe that stereotypes aren't created out of whole cloth but are based at least partially on observable truth, even if that truth is misunderstood.

I get how people take issue with the op one, it does come across as a tantrum, though I cannot gauge the age of the poster too accurately though I would assume based of syntax, usage and tone somebody still in the formative years. Doesn't make the post or tone right, though does go some way to explaining it. I get people taking exception with my tone as well, reading it after it came across more arrogant than I was shooting for, but I caught in the moment.

Complaining about the tone of an argument is glossing over the substance of the argument tough.

I think etymology of the phrase 'can all go hang' is not used much on the west coast. It's not wishing the gallows on people, more or less complete apathy towards something. I believe the entire phrase is "go hang for all I care". I think it's English? No mind. I may have been able to choose better words. Apologies.

Archived