The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks’ Benning open to upgrading in goal

Jaimito

Get Kesler and Benning to sit down with Miller and get his ass over here.

A core of the Sedins, Kesler, Garrison, Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Burrows, and young kids sounds amazing when you throw in Ryan Miller.

He's a guy you love to hate, but much like Burrows, you can't hate him when he's on your team.

Agreed him and hiller are both priority options

Hopefuly is done quickly rather then OOPS! To late!

I'm not too concerned about this, we have young talent in net most teams wish they had. I don't think Eriksson is being talked about enough, if you take away the ridiculous number of back to backs he was played his numbers are fantastic. He's the only reason there was even talk of playoffs in Utica.

I find what he says about Kes more interesting than what he says about Lack.

Get Kesler and Benning to sit down with Miller and get his ass over here.

A core of the Sedins, Kesler, Garrison, Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Burrows, and young kids sounds amazing when you throw in Ryan Miller.

He's a guy you love to hate, but much like Burrows, you can't hate him when he's on your team.

i don't think it sounds amazing at all. i think it sounds exactly the same as the last two years.

i don't think it sounds amazing at all. i think it sounds exactly the same as the last two years.

Yea the polarization in the fan base is going to get scary. If we miss the playoffs again and ppl defend daniel there will be blood.

Watch him be another Feaster and not know how league rules work, so he waives Markstrom just to get a veteran goalie the Canucks don't even need ahahaha. And then the return is Matthias for Luongo. Ouch!

I'm looking forward to seeing Markstrom behind a good defence and consistent work with Melanson. He was touted as the next big thing in goaltending for a long time. Let's hope he can live up to the hype!

Watch him be another Feaster and not know how league rules work, so he waives Markstrom just to get a veteran goalie the Canucks don't even need ahahaha. And then the return is Matthias for Luongo. Ouch!

'Somewhere .. a bridge .. is lonely'.

I wouldn't mind a short-term upgrade. I would imagine the top goalies in play are looking to be the guy for years to come. Unless somebody wants to play until UFA status. But then we end up with nothing.

I am more worried about our #2. I thought Markstrom would be decent but their hesitation to play him worried me. Especially considering he had some experience and okay numbers in craptastic Florida. If we don't have a solid second, Lack will play too much and trend in the wrong direction.

Guys like Thomas, Bryz, and the forgotten Dubynk could all be had for cheap, short contracts. They are capable of playing more/less as necessary. With those parameters I am sure there is more to choose from.

I like Lack. They polished him in the AHL for a couple years longer than most teams would have. He put up solid numbers in a bad situation because of it. He'll be fine

Strange how he isn't 'ready' to be the full time goalie. He was the full time goalie last year and did rather well. What do people expect from a rookie goalie???

This is a team up against the cap and needs help at forward and possibly defense. We have 2 cheap young goalies; one who was the starter for the 2nd half and played in front of a team that collectively underperformed. So lets spend money on a position that doesn't need it as bad. Go figure.

It really is astonishing to hear that everyone wants some two-bit re-tread hack from another team when we have guys who are at least equal but likely better at a fraction of the price.

The author of the article had the nerve to mention Stalock, Hutton, Peters and Greiss....really???? These are options? You are out to lunch if you think these guys are significant upgrades over Lack and Markstrom.

We are a rebuilding team....why would we be worried about net presence when we have 2 great young goalies with potential??

If it was upgrading that back up position to let off some of the pressure from Lack then sure. Markstrom could start the year in Utica and see where that goes.

Archived