The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Quickest Way to Rip off a Bandaid and Rebuild

He has 1 NHL goal. We have 2 former Art Ross winners, as well as a Olympic gold medal winning defenseman (who won THIS season). Given the name of the website you are posting on, you should expect to take some flack for calling the Canucks the "Casucks" in your sig.

Just ignore him and he'll banned again.

Thanks for the credit, but there's a lot different in your deal. My proposal has Tanev and Shinkaruk as well as Markstrom because they need right handed D and top 6 left wingers. Edler is yet another left handed D for them (they have a ton, and they're top D prospect in Reinhart is left handed as well). Hansen is another depth right winger they already have enough of and they have plenty of centers already even without Strome.

I don't think that convinces the Isles to trade despite all the pieces we throw in, which is a huge overpayment even if they're minor pieces for the most part.

The Kesler trade's closer, even if the 6th and 7th mean very little to the value we include.

As it stands I would happily trade (in this scenario) taking Reinhart as opposed to Strome. In this scenario Edler is a valued commodity with the loss of LH Reinhart.

Added in this scenario we can package any two of the 5th/6th/10th/24th or one alone and a needed asset to Florida for the 1st overall and grab Reinhart at 1st overall.

2 Reinharts + 2 picks in the first round (one being a top 10) AND of course netting a potential top 2 D man and top line franchise center....

This alone would cement Benning into the Canucks HOF.

In fact in all honesty Edler across for Reinhart (minus the picks) as the key cogs would be more feasible in the long run for both teams as it is trading potential for proven at the same position without the no doubt inevitable enormous contract for Griffin

These are 2 teams who are suited to deal:

Tanev

Higgins(if he won't), then Hansen

Booth(retain 2 mill, make him cheap depth for NYI)

Markstrom(Nilsson/Nabby prob gone, so they need BU)

2015 1st (condition, IF our 1st is a top-7 pick, they get our 2016 1st, instead)

NYI send:

Strome

Reinhart

2014 2nd

If they won't include Rhino, try for D Pulock & maybe one more asset(eg-2015 3rd)

Rationale- Tanev, Hansen, Booth & Markstrom could help them climb to the middle of the pack. Then the 201 1st R pick they send Buffalo may be equaled by the pick we send to them.

I'd be willing to sacrifice the above players, + a #8-15 overall? next yr, to land these two studs, Rhino & Strome.

Then acquire extra picks in dealing Kesler.

Nothing short of Tavares get's that 1st pick in 2015 from my hands if Kesler AND Edler are both leaving along with our goaltender.

I can make the argument that he is with facts. Hard to take YOU seriously when all you do is make claims that aren't true. Try harder.

Actually you really can't. You can claim he's the best college player between the two teams but you cannot with any credibility claim he is better than ANYONE on the canucks roster until he has played a minimum of one season. because right now Sestito is the better NHL player over Gaudreau.

He's a prospect who hasn't played in any of the major junior leagues such as ESL, CHL or even USHL.

At least be honest about that and I will admit he is the best college prospect not named Hutton between the two teams

And Edler's contract is NOT enormous? Anyone outside of Vancouver will take Griffin over Edler any day of the week. Stop your wild dreams warhippy

It is FAR from enormous.

It is $5 million for 5 years for a top 4 pairing D man with top 2 potential if he gets his act together.

In 6 years with the cap above $90 million, D men of Griffins "potential" will be commanding north of $8 million on average. Edler at $5 million in 5 years is a bargain, Garrison in 5 years is a bargain.

As you would say, I can make the argument with facts, hard to take you seriously when you are making claims that aren't true

Nothing short of Tavares get's that 1st pick in 2015 from my hands if Kesler AND Edler are both leaving along with our goaltender.

Gotta be reasonable, & consider both team's pov. Strome & Rhino would be a Godsend.

Then Edler & our #6 to Flor for Rhino's bro, or Eckblad.

Then Kesler to Ana for DSP or Etem, PLUS #10 & # 24 picks. we'd be golden.

Actually yeah he did play in the USHL and won the league champ and rookie of the year.

Are you seriously trying to tell me NCAA isn't a major development league? Yeah whatever credibility you had left just went of ouf the window. Now stop with the proposals too.

It is FAR from enormous.

It is $5 million for 5 years for a top 4 pairing D man with top 2 potential if he gets his act together.

In 6 years with the cap above $90 million, D men of Griffins "potential" will be commanding north of $8 million on average. Edler at $5 million in 5 years is a bargain, Garrison in 5 years is a bargain.

As you would say, I can make the argument with facts, hard to take you seriously when you are making claims that aren't true

Lol so you would rather pay 5 mil for 5 more years to someone "hoping" he would get it together, rather than a top prospect who you'd get 6 cheap RFA years to start. Yeah okay man try to convince anyone outside of Vancouver with that. You're not supply facts just outlandish claims.

Actually yeah he did play in the USHL and won the league champ and rookie of the year.

Are you seriously trying to tell me NCAA isn't a major development league? Yeah whatever credibility you had left just went of ouf the window. Now stop with the proposals too.

The NCAA is NOT a comparable league to the CHL or ESL in any way shape or form. This is not to say great players do not come from them but the quality of competition that comes from them is far from comparable.

You seriously think it is?

And until you replace that glaringly trolling message from your sig son, not a chance i stop with anything k cupcake.

Now get angry and make the hulk noise for me

Lol so you would rather pay 5 mil for 5 more years to someone "hoping" he would get it together, rather than a top prospect who you'd get 6 cheap RFA years to start. Yeah okay man try to convince anyone outside of Vancouver with that. You're not supply facts just outlandish claims.

LOL so you wouldn't give up a solid package including a prospect for guaranteed production?

Are you really Garth Snow behind that computer? Cause I can sense a sweaty beast of a person with low hockey knowledge screaming JANKOWSKI while storming around the room

Prospects are worth literally nothing but their potential until they've played in the league.

Why?

There is a huge list of D men who have busted in the top 10 and Griffin could just as easily Cam Barker as he could Nik Lidstrom.

Now back to the Hulk noise cupcake.

LOL so you wouldn't give up a solid package including a prospect for guaranteed production?

Are you really Garth Snow behind that computer? Cause I can sense a sweaty beast of a person with low hockey knowledge screaming JANKOWSKI while storming around the room

Prospects are worth literally nothing but their potential until they've played in the league.

Why?

There is a huge list of D men who have busted in the top 10 and Griffin could just as easily Cam Barker as he could Nik Lidstrom.

Now back to the Hulk noise cupcake.

Guarenteed production? You mean the same Edler that had 22 points and posted a -39 +/- the first year he's had a defensive structure? Yeaaaaah okay. I'm sure that's why everyone is throwing Vancouver huge offers for Edler's service right? LOL and you are dreaming of the fifth overall too. By the same token Gaunce and Shinkaruk or whoever you're throwing in the deal are worthless too? Just stop you're not making any sense Mike Milbury

Guarenteed production? You mean the same Edler that had 22 points and posted a -39 +/- the first year he's had a defensive structure? Yeaaaaah okay. I'm sure that's why everyone is throwing Vancouver huge offers for Edler's service right? LOL and you are dreaming of the fifth overall too. By the same token Gaunce and Shinkaruk or whoever you're throwing in the deal are worthless too? Just stop you're not making any sense Mike Milbury

I would say that Edler at his best for 3 solid season playing on a team with a top 5 Goals Against would be a team with solid defensive structure, wouldn't you? I would say 4 solid seasons of 30+ point production is ok. Regardless of his +/- this year as even last year during the lock out he was on pace for 40+ points in a full season.

But he cannot put up points or anything which is a shame

There has not been a sniff of a rumour that edler has been shopped let alone what has been inquired of him. We have NO idea what he's worth let alone where he would waive to. MY guess is that for a guy with solid production numbers and one WAY off season in comparions. There would be offers for him.

So I guess that's out the window for that argument too.

Shinkaruk and Gaunce who would already be two of the Flames' top prospects for position; are about as worthless as they come in any trade.

I am just not making any sense I guess. Facts stats and arguments are useless when you bold face everything with an intelligent LOL here and there.

Ah well. I guess I should just bow out.

But before I do,

Did you make the hulk noise yet Cup Cupcake?

Or are you muttering self help quotes whilst locking eyes with your Jankowski poster?

Now, back to adult hood sunshine.

If you want to debate the proposal I laid out in an intelligent manner, i'd be happy to. But I nor anyone else would take you seriously while calling our team and fan base Casucks at the bottom of your team.

I sure don't have the word Flamer anywhere do I? Nor does anyone else have mocking quotes or comments about Baertchi's team.

Now if you want to debate my proposal feel free, other wise. please keep making the Hulk noise and sweating around your place thinking of witty ways to insert LOL into what will no doubt be a poorly thought out and quite juvenile response.

The Flames have nothing to do with what I'm trying to say so stop trying to make yourself look foolish. Even Markus Granlund and Max Reinhart are way better than Shinkaruk and Gaunce. See? I can do it too

The point was that Edler and whatever you're throwing in aren't worth top prospects like Griffin or Strome, or even the fifth overall pick. You can keep dreaming but the return for Edler won't be even close to that. Also no rumours for Edler? Make a visit to the Rumors section and check from mid season on.

But resulting to personal insults? Yeah so well thought out man. Thumbs up

The Flames have nothing to do with what I'm trying to say so stop trying to make yourself look foolish. Even Markus Granlund and Max Reinhart are way better than Shinkaruk and Gaunce. See? I can do it too

You're going to have to search long and hard to prove that right there for position. Gaunce and Shinkaruk represent players that the Flames don't have

The point was that Edler and whatever you're throwing in aren't worth top prospects like Griffin or Strome, or even the fifth overall pick. You can keep dreaming but the return for Edler won't be even close to that. Also no rumours for Edler? Make a visit to the Rumors section and check from mid season on.

Edler, Hansen, Gauce 2nd 3rd and 5th in 2014

For Strome or Reinhart and 2014 first overall.

With Snow stating he's open to moving the 5th, the fact the Isles need to be competitive now it's actually more than feasible. For any number of reasons. Reasons you have refused to approach at all. As such you're really not contributing to the conversation at all, you're just sitting in a corner moping and muttering things

But resulting to personal insults? Yeah so well thought out man. Thumbs up

I insulted you? I am sorry, Did I hurt your feelers? I didn't know someone calling my team and its fans Casucks in every comment via that sig was exactly extending a hand for a shake, nor have ANY of your comments really been anything but antagonistic on anything you've written since being suspended. I wasn't aware we were all chummy where I had to be concerned about the reciprocity of consideration for feelers.

But admit it, you made the Hulk noise didn't you cupcake

I've already stated my reasons you're just too oblivious to see them, and continue to feel the need to make whatever I say about the Flames. Even then you still have zero clue about them because hurrr durrrr the Flames drafting sux lul.

Max and Granlund have already had good seasons in the AHL and some games in the NHL. Just stahp

They need to competitive? Sure but Edler or Hansen or prospects with long shot making the NHL sure ain't gonna help. Strome and Grffin are NHL ready and any GM with some sense how to build a team ain't gonna trade them for someone signed for 5 more years at 5mil hoping he gets his crap together. It's just not happening no matter how hard you try to convince yourself. But keep going with the hulk stuff though, you are beating me as far as the juvenile stuff that you're spouting.

Still has nothing to do with what I wrote.

I only speak the truth and facts. You just have a tendency to cry troll when the truth starts to hurt. You make outlandish claims yet never back it up with anything. You are the very definition of a troll. Stop trying to make everything I say about the Flames and actually talk about the game of hockey for once.

Truth, facts, opinion .. whatever .. have you been to confession lately?

In fact in all honesty Edler across for Reinhart (minus the picks) as the key cogs would be more feasible in the long run for both teams as it is trading potential for proven at the same position without the no doubt inevitable enormous contract for Griffin

It is FAR from enormous.

Reinhart has 3 years of his ELC that will pay him 863k (base salary) plus performance based bonuses. Edler over that same period earns a guaranteed 16.25m.

At the end of that year Edler will be 31, Reinhart will only be 23 and still be a RFA. You could sign him to a bridge deal but the Isles have a tendency to give their top prospects long term deals as soon as they come out of their ELC. His contract will be controllable and still cheap going forward than the going rate because of his RFA status. The Isles will have moved into Barclays, they will be in a better position to give Griffin what he wants. If he has already established himself as a top player for the Islanders like Tavares and Hamonic, they will try to sign him to a long term contract.

If Reinhart is not interested in that, they can sign him to a bridge deal, which is likely another 2 years and something like 4-5m/year for those years (currently most bridge deals are in the 3m range). At the end of that deal, Reinhart will be 25, he would still be a RFA, and the Isles can sign him to a long term contract. Edler at the same time will be a UFA and 33.

Regardless of how you want to look at things, Reinhart will be cheaper than Edler over the entire duration of Edler's contract. If he does end up the elite dman that he has the potential of being, the Isles will gladly pay him what he deserves.

Archived