The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Why all the hate because of his list of teams?

Kesler took a paycut and in return received a NTC. It's contractually HIS RIGHT to be able to demand which team he goes too. All Kesler is doing is using HIS RIGHT to go to where he wants too.

Sure he could be a super nice guy and just open up his list to include all teams so the Canucks majorly benefit, at the expense of his happiness. By why would he do that? he's given his whole career to this city so far, played through injuries, battled when no one else did and took a paycut on his last contract. Why should he give more?

Would all of you sacrifice your happiness and rights in order to appease your boss and make their lives better?

Actually isn't he contractually bound to play to the term of his contract and not opt out whenever he wants?

Players like Kesler won the Cup, not sure why you think he is "cancer" in the room.

He just has a bit of an attitude problem but that's about it, and it's not really attitude, it's is willingness to win. Excellent player and gave his 100% every game here. Poured his heart and soul out here. Only have positive things to say about him. True warrior.

For all of those I have fought, argued and quibbled with during this saga,

Now that we near the end,

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you,

I couldn't have asked for better bunch of smarmy, internet DB's to have shared this difficult time with.

Stastny wants more than his previous contract (6.6M) so Chicago won't be involved in that. They only option they have for a 2nd line center on the block is Ryan Kesler, they can survive without him by trying Shaw or Teravainen but that will be hard to compete for the Cup with. If they want to win the cup then they need a legitimate 2nd line center through FA or trade. This puts pressure on Stan Bowman to acquire a 2nd line center (Kesler).

Anaheim needs a 2nd line center to compete with LA, if Bob Murray goes in with the same roster and playing a weak 2nd line he won't win much.

Bryan Murray has mentioned he hasn't been having much calls on Spezza and it seems like he'll be in the Ottawa lineup in the 14-15 season. That must mean Kesler is taking all the interest.

Insider trading has been reporting today that alot of teams are calling in on Kesler but some aren't on his list to be traded to, I think Benning will convince Kesler to move his list to a couple more teams for more competition and a higher offer. But lately Anaheim, Chicago, St.Louis are the 3 top teams interested into Kesler.

I'm getting really confused with the timezones over there. When is the draft going to start? Just tell me how many hours from now so I can do the math myself when to be awake and when to sleep. :lol:

hahaa same..i finally figured it out today, it's 4pm pacific time

Kesler took a paycut and in return received a NTC. It's contractually HIS RIGHT to be able to demand which team he goes too. All Kesler is doing is using HIS RIGHT to go to where he wants too.

Sure he could be a super nice guy and just open up his list to include all teams so the Canucks majorly benefit, at the expense of his happiness. By why would he do that? he's given his whole career to this city so far, played through injuries, battled when no one else did and took a paycut on his last contract. Why should he give more?

Would all of you sacrifice your happiness and rights in order to appease your boss and make their lives better?

I disagree with you. Kesler signed a contract at a price and term he was okay with. Then he cried to be traded. Management did not try to trade him. So really where in hell are his rights or what rights does he have. What about the rights of the team

Now he wants to dictate what team he wants to go to. What a sulking SOB. I say trade him to the team from which you can get the best deal. If he doesn't like it, let his disloyal ass ride the pines for a while. Then watch the little selfish twerp sulk and cry.

He just has a bit of an attitude problem but that's about it, and it's not really attitude, it's is willingness to win. Excellent player and gave his 100% every game here. Poured his heart and soul out here. Only have positive things to say about him. True warrior.

This is it. Kesler's attitude is exactly what this team needs and needed

The problem is you then have our captain telling us how great we're playing in the middle of a 7 game losing streak

What Kesler are you talking about? Kesler took a pay cut to afford job security, which is a BENEFIT to Kesler, not the team.

I have the right to do all kinds of things that would make me look like an a-hole, but that doesn't mean I should do them all. Typically when I make demands I'm prepared to accept the consequences without pretending to be a victim.

When noone else was battling, the last person doing any battling was Ryan Kesler, unless you mean his own inner battles trying to figure out where the hell 'beast mode' went.

I hate to have to say this, but welcome to the real world, where real people make actual sacrifices, on behalf of people that would take advantage of them, in order to survive. that's called keeping your job and most people here know the feeling and resent a big b*tch acting like one. Sacrifice his happiness.. Boo hoo, you won't get any sympathy from me.. Part of the job of the NHL player, and indeed his multi-million dollar salary, is to be able to deal with it. Am I sorry for the guy? Definitely not. Do I think he needs a major adjustment given what he has in life? Definitely.

You are talking about a guy who sacrificed everything in order to be a multi-million dollar NHL player, and part of becoming a real NHL player is building character, and not being a b*tch to your teammates and yourself, and your fans. What version of Kesler will the other team get? The teary-eyed "I want to be in Vancouver for the rest of my career" "next year I'll try harder" "there's more where that came from" or the favorite "I don't want to be in Vancouver anymore because I'm not #1 and the fans aren't gushing over my body anymore".

When the ship is sinking, the rats are the first to flee. I'll say it again- Kevin Bieksa is the opposite character and that is the character of a guy who deserves my respect.

Benchsplinters, on 26 Jun 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:

I disagree with you. Kesler signed a contract at a price and term he was okay with. Then he cried to be traded. Management did not try to trade him. So really where in hell are his rights or what rights does he have. What about the rights of the team

Now he wants to dictate what team he wants to go to. What a sulking SOB. I say trade him to the team from which you can get the best deal. If he doesn't like it, let his disloyal ass ride the pines for a while. Then watch the little selfish twerp sulk and cry.

And just throwing this out there:

Marty St.Louis wanted to get out of Tampa like how Kes wants out. Marty is 39 years old(!!!!) and he got Callahan (top 6 winger who is 29 years old), a 1st in this years draft & a 1st in next years draft.

Now you compare the value of Kesler and St.Louis yourself lol...telling me teams aren't willing to pay up for a gem of a contract and player in Kesler? Well then gtfo...ridiculous!

Marty St.Louis wanted to get out of Tampa like how Kes wants out. Marty is 39 years old(!!!!) and he got Callahan (top 6 winger who is 29 years old), a 1st in this years draft & a 1st in next years draft.

Now you compare the value of Kesler and St.Louis yourself lol...telling me teams aren't willing to pay up for a gem of a contract and player in Kesler? Well then gtfo...ridiculous!

Exactly!

Guest Dasein

Callahan was a rental though. Now that he's signed

To NYR: Martin St. Louis + TBL's 2015 2nd round pick

To TBL: Ryan Callahan + NYR's 2014 1st round pick + NYR's 2015 1st & 7th round pick

Talk about getting FLEECED. It's going to be tough to rob someone THAT badly...

That's a terrible trade, but part of it is because NYR went really far this year and Callahan actually re-signed.

EDIT: details of trade.

St.Louis also came off a year where we won the Art Ross.

Archived