The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Callahan was a rental though. Now that he's signed

To NYR: Martin St. Louis + TBL's 2015 7th round pick

To TBL: Ryan Callahan + NYR's 2014 1st round pick + NYR's 2015 1st & 2nd round pick

Talk about getting FLEECED. It's going to be tough to rob someone THAT badly...

That's a terrible trade, but part of it is because NYR went really far this year and Callahan actually re-signed.

You were close: Tampa Bay Lightning traded Martin St. Louis and a conditional 2nd round selection in 2015 to the New York Rangers for Ryan Callahan, a 1st round draft selection in 2015, a conditional 2nd round draft selection in 2014 and a conditional 7th round selection in 2015.

Guest Dasein

You were close: Tampa Bay Lightning traded Martin St. Louis and a conditional 2nd round selection in 2015 to the New York Rangers for Ryan Callahan, a 1st round draft selection in 2015, a conditional 2nd round draft selection in 2014 and a conditional 7th round selection in 2015.

Yes. I realized after. Thanks.

St.Louis also came off a year where we won the Art Ross.

Doesn't matter. He's 39 for crying out loud. If anyone thinks St.Louis is worth more than Kesler even if he's coming off an Art Ross, heck let's say even a Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard win...no one in their right mind would ever give less value for Kesler....just using that deal as a comparable pretty much tells how much teams are being jackasses and giving crap offers. Not Benning's fault he hasn't pulled the trigger yet..

Because of Kesler's cap hit (5 million) it would be really hard to believe that one of the teams on his lists won't do what's necessary to acquire him! They won't get even close to similar value on cap hit or compete factor through free agency this year!

The most compelling circumstance I can see coming out of the draft is one where we end up with Ekblad and Pouliot?

Its one not talked about, but a neat twist?

I heard the caps are in it too now and i like your pitts proposal would be happy with it

EXTREMELY curious who the Caps would be offering? Doubt Kusnetsov, but "oh boy" says me...

Johansson, Orlov and ???

I don't,

1st rounder is late = Probable dud

Sutter = Bottom 6 forward, we have more than enough

Poulilett = Good prospect at a position we don't need to fill, our top 6 is crumbling we need to deal with that first.

Oh, and one more thing,

What's with all the "Let's sign Statsny! posts? Has everyone forgotten how lazy, disinterested and dispassionate a player he is?

The team caught fire this year and he rode the wave, it was not because of him. Having that guy on your team is detrimental to the whole group. I wouldn't take him if he was asking 3 mil, let alone 7.

You have zero credibility commenting on Pouliot when that is how you evaluate our defense.

Just seen Kerdiles, Etem and the 24th being bandied about on twitter. Don't know much about Kerdiles.

The 10th and Theodore are key to me from Anahem!

Plus a solid roster player. Does Etem qualify as a roster player? (I see him as a prospect, same as Theodore, but I pick Theodore as the prospect I want!).

Guys consider him a plug, but a guy who we might "pull" in the deal is Maroon? Don't laugh! He had 7 points in the playoff's, as many points as Kassian and fits the bigger, more competitive profile to a tee!

Imagine a 3rd line of Maroon / Richardson / Kassian???

I think with the right leadership, Florida is a much better them than a lot of people give them credit for.

So much raw talent there, just need the right changes to make them a contender for the cup.

Kind of like Edmonton in my opinion. Trade one forward for the right person on defense and Edmonton could quickly become a cup contender.

Can't have all those first overalls for that many years and not finally start to improve!

I think its safe to call Florida poised to make a decent jump?

A lot will hinge on what they can do with the new cap they are rumoured to have been given by their new owner. A cpl years ago they made a free agent splash and jumped into the playoff's signing Versteeg, Fleischmann, Jovo... But that also handcuffed their development.

I see a jump, but a smarter approach, and just a team approaching play off competitiveness. Certainly no contending???

I really like Kesler (always like him from a day 1 in a Canucks uniform), his style and character .Can somebody explain to me why he wants out ? and why Canucks not trying to hold on player like Kesler (and his very reasonable contract $$).

Thanks

Whatever the case may be (whether or not he wants to go to a contender, or US market or w.h.y) I personally think that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I think the team will be better off moving on and taking a substantial return of futures / younger players.

The fact he wants to play elsewhere is more than enough to convince me.

Is it just me or does it feel like this entire board is holding its breath?

Agreed. I think the GMs also are seeing what the pacific arms race will evolve into. Kesler to Anaheim changes things for all the Western powerhouses.

The most compelling circumstance I can see coming out of the draft is one where we end up with Ekblad and Pouliot?

Its one not talked about, but a neat twist?

EXTREMELY curious who the Caps would be offering? Doubt Kusnetsov, but "oh boy" says me...

Johansson, Orlov and ???

You have zero credibility commenting on Pouliot when that is how you evaluate our defense.

The 10th and Theodore are key to me from Anahem!

Plus a solid roster player. Does Etem qualify as a roster player? (I see him as a prospect, same as Theodore, but I pick Theodore as the prospect I want!).

Guys consider him a plug, but a guy who we might "pull" in the deal is Maroon? Don't laugh! He had 7 points in the playoff's, as many points as Kassian and fits the bigger, more competitive profile to a tee!

Imagine a 3rd line of Maroon / Richardson / Kassian???

I think its safe to call Florida poised to make a decent jump?

A lot will hinge on what they can do with the new cap they are rumoured to have been given by their new owner. A cpl years ago they made a free agent splash and jumped into the playoff's signing Versteeg, Fleischmann, Jovo... But that also handcuffed their development.

I see a jump, but a smarter approach, and just a team approaching play off competitiveness. Certainly no contending???

I see Florida as a team that could orchestrate the type of turnaround that Colorado did this year.

They have enough talent, I think they need a little more leadership.

Considering Chicago has roughly 4.6 million to work with and 19 players under contract based on the cap that was originally estimated back in Dec (referenced from Capgeek), what does Chicago do if the cap comes in more around the 68 - 69 million range?

They will need to do something reasonably significant to bring themselves in under cap!

I still think this is where Kesler lands, but they need to move salary either back to Vancouver or to someone else to make it fit.

I can't see anyone agreeing to take on Hossa's contract and potential recapture hit!

Considering Chicago has roughly 4.6 million to work with and 19 players under contract based on the cap that was originally estimated back in Dec (referenced from Capgeek), what does Chicago do if the cap comes in more around the 68 - 69 million range?

They will need to do something reasonably significant to bring themselves in under cap!

I still think this is where Kesler lands, but they need to move salary either back to Vancouver or to someone else to make it fit.

I can't see anyone agreeing to take on Hossa's contract and potential recapture hit!

Canucks will also keep 50% contract... If the deal is right

Archived