The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Kesler is a cancer in the room

Really..the guy has practically carried this team on his back before..Even if he winds up staying you can garauntee that he's going to give 110%..It's in his DNA...Nobody hates losing more than Kesler..I don't understand the spite.

This is starting to feel like a Monty Python Skit. Remember Ralph Melish?

June the 26th, 2014, was much like any other summer's day in Vancouver, and Ralph Melish, a file clerk at an insurance company, was on his way to work as usual when... (da dum!) Nothing happened! (dum dum da dum) Scarcely able to believe his eyes, Ralph Melish looked around. But one glance confirmed his suspicions. Behind a bush, on the side of the road, there was *no* severed arm. No dismembered trunk of a man in his late fifties. No head in a bag. and NO Ryan Kesler Trade! Nothing. Not a sausage. For Ralph Melish, this was *not* to be the start of any trail of events which would not, in no time at all, involve him in neither a tangled knot of suspicion, nor any web of lies, which would, had he been not uninvolved, surely have led him to no other place, than the central criminal court of the Old Bailey on Main Street. (Or to Ryan Kesler being back with the Canucks for next season!)

Really..the guy has practically carried this team on his back before..Even if he winds up staying you can garauntee that he's going to give 110%..It's in his DNA...Nobody hates losing more than Kesler..I don't understand the spite.

When did he carry this team on his back? During parts of a 5 game stint against Nashville?

Canucks will also keep 50% contract... If the deal is right

Exactly! I think many of the posters here don't get it. Its not just about trading players, its about trading contracts. Just cause Kesler already does come with a relatively low cap hit, you can still monkey around with paying some of his contract if that gets you a better overall return in a trade.

I read that Bennings , during his intro press conference in late May, said the team hoped to re-sign Kessler before the NHL draft. If this is a truth ?

If I tell you that I HAVE to sell my car before Monday will I get less money than if I tell you I might sell it now or later and that I'm in no hurry? Benning has to let others know he isn't desperate and will hold onto Kesler if the return isn't enough. Of course they want to trade him this weekend, but not in a fire sale. Everything else is posturing and that's the correct thing to do!

Is it just me or does it feel like this entire board is holding its breath?

Yeah it does feel that way. Everybody is just waiting for this trade to unfold and the draft.

Doesn't matter. He's 39 for crying out loud. If anyone thinks St.Louis is worth more than Kesler even if he's coming off an Art Ross, heck let's say even a Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard win...no one in their right mind would ever give less value for Kesler....just using that deal as a comparable pretty much tells how much teams are being jackasses and giving crap offers. Not Benning's fault he hasn't pulled the trigger yet..

I agree that Kesler has more value but that is the reason why St.Louis got as much as he did.

Benning should wait out till he gets atleast Etem + 24th overall + Theodore. If that isn't the minimum, I'd let them lose to LA every year in the playoffs and trade Kesler to someone else in the trade deadline or something.

Mackinze said the offer the Canucks have made is Shinkaruk,6th and a roster player

I would do that deal if it doesn't involve Kassian or Tanev. I wouldn't add any more than that though, it's not worth it. Reinhart is a top 6 but not franchise elite.

We know what Tallon wants and we know that Elliote Friedman has said Shinkaruk has been offered up. The only player on the Canucks that is young a forward/winger and can play now is Kassian or possibly Jensen. So imagine a trade of Shinkaruk + 6th + Kassian/Jensen no fucking way.

Exactly! I think many of the posters here don't get it. Its not just about trading players, its about trading contracts. Just cause Kesler already does come with a relatively low cap hit, you can still monkey around with paying some of his contract if that gets you a better overall return in a trade.

A contender should also throw in their 2015 1st(for example), & we cover 2 mill of RK's cap-hit.

Something like this, you'd have to expect 4 good pieces.

the -2 in the playoffs says otherwise... overhyped player prone to injury , canucks getting rid of him for anything of value will be a steal

Agreed. I think the GMs also are seeing what the pacific arms race will evolve into. Kesler to Anaheim changes things for all the Western powerhouses.

Yep and benning has the ducks by the balls right now because the ducks know that if they had kesler theyd of beat the kings it went to seven games. If im the ducks this is a no braner your window is closeing and u gave up a HUGE chance this year u better do the right thing. To bad for them itll cost em

Theodore

Or

Etem

Theodore

Here is why GMJB is in one hell of a plum position right now imo.

Teams can lowball and bluff all they want, but when push comes to shove, whether or not teams like the mystery teams or St Louis Blues have serious intent and interest in Kesler or not, they nevertheless have an interest in getting into the bidding game. None of the rival contenders in the Western Conference stand to gain anything by remaining idle in this process - they stand to lose if a team like Chicago or Anaheim managed to get a deal done without paying a significant price to do so. So as far as I'm concerned, this process levels out and in the end the demand for Kesler meets market value - which I consider to be set by deals like the Richards, Carter, Nash deals.

I still think a club like St Louis might make the most sense in the end - Tarasenko, Sobotka, Hakanpaa.

But for fun I'm going out into left field and propose something extremely unlikely, but which nevertheless I find interesting and not entirely crazy.

Kesler to Chicago

Sharp, Teravainen, and the 6th overall to Florida

1st overall, Bjugstad, Petrovic to Vancouver.

Kaboom!

Teams can lowball and bluff all they want, but when push comes to shove, whether or not teams like the mystery teams or St Louis Blues have serious intent and interest in Kesler or not, they nevertheless have an interest in getting into the bidding game. None of the rival contenders in the Western Conference stand to gain anything by remaining idle in this process - they stand to lose if a team like Chicago or Anaheim managed to get a deal done without paying a significant price to do so. So as far as I'm concerned, this process levels out and in the end the demand for Kesler meets market value - which I consider to be set by deals like the Richards, Carter, Nash deals.

I still think a club like St Louis might make the most sense in the end - Tarasenko, Sobotka, Hakanpaa.

But for fun I'm going out into left field and propose something extremely unlikely, but which nevertheless I find interesting and not entirely crazy.

Kesler to Chicago

Kaboom!

Vancouver wins that trade immensely but I like it. somehting away from the norm.

I think CHI would have to get another piece. They essentially give up Sharp and TT for Kesler which is an overpayment

Because me me me, me first, my big huge body me me me pass it to me, my list my team my captaincy my team leading goal scoring. My somersault during a playoff game. My choice to leave, my way, what team? Only one of three please, I won't have it any other way. My face in your interview. Woe is me, I'm the madonna. Watch me try to beat 4 opposing players and pass it to myself. *turnover*

:lol::lol::lol:

A contender should also throw in their 2015 1st(for example), & we cover 2 mill of RK's cap-hit.

Something like this, you'd have to expect 4 good pieces.

Never thought of including part of Kesler's cap hit?

I can't see it. Even though I heard Linden mention at least once we might not be a cap team this year. There is still two years on his deal and it could handcuff us in 2015/16 when I always thought was our best window to be competitive again.

But boy it could increase the leverage... :bigblush:

Vancouver wins that trade immensely but I like it. somehting away from the norm.

I think CHI would have to get another piece. They essentially give up Sharp and TT for Kesler which is an overpayment

Not if Vancouver retained salary

Yes, but I fully intend to make Chicago overpay haha. Perhaps we throw Schroeder in for them.

Kesler to Chicago

Kaboom!

It's a retro-proposal for what people wanted last summer(or was that TWO yrs back?!) for Luongo.

You won't see 2 major US markets being so amenable/agreeable to a Cdn one.

The value would be fine, & I hope JB can fetch the equivalent, but I'd be surprised to see such cooperation.

Sharpe would not go to Florida.

Kesler only wants to be traded to Anaheim or Chicago....hope that it is Anaheim because they have those 1st rnd picks.

Archived