The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Kes lost the backing of his 'mates as an "A" for some reason(s),...and he's dropped missives to his agent about wanting out. So I guess, the ball is already rolling to that end, despite the change of circumstances here in VAN. I would hope that they could get back another Top 6 player for him, that would also be contractually-tied to us for 2 or 3 years, also...plus another high-end prospect.

As a Selke winner, Kes is akin to....Backes or even Dustin Brown. Those are the kinds of horses that win you championships. I dont think his brand was hurt by the Tortorella-experiment or his latest injuries....but an American team will be appreciating him all the more now....and that's where his agent will be wanting him to cash-in on his next big contract, anyway. Trading him now will probably yield the best return. It's just hard for me to say good-bye to Kes & hello.... to the unkown.

Neither was Luongo according to you.

How'd that work out?

it worked great. I got an extra year out of him and Cory left. It was all the others that said Cory isn't going anywhere and lui is who looked bad. I looked great.

Kesler isn't being traded.

I would like to ship him to Columbus so he is out of the Conference. If we get a package that includes Wennberg . If not then the Ducks offer is very good.Etem is underrated on these boards and by the Ducks fans. Hes a quality player. Hes a solid 20 goal second line guy.

The 10th can be used to get Virtanen or Fleury.

I would also ask for the Ducks 1st in 2015 which should land us an NHL player around 22-30.

Done deal just a matter of to where

Florida for the top pick and a prospect (doubt hed go there)

Tampa for connolly and kucherov or picks or combo

Detroit for mantha or nyquvist

Philly for Couturier or read or picks or combo

Pitts for pouliot bennett matta picks or combo

Montreal for Galchenyuk or tinordi or combo with picks

Anaheim for etem silverberg picks or combo

Columbus for wennberg and jenner

Or maybe even colorado or chicago or minny

Edit fixed spelling

You have GOT to be kidding.

it worked great. I got an extra year out of him and Cory left. It was all the others that said Cory isn't going anywhere and lui is who looked bad. I looked great.

Are you saying that you're the "reversal of fortunes guy",.... just that whatever you hope for...happens in reverse a year later?

Lou wanted out the whole time. You never looked good it's just that MG was a tool and couldn't pull off a trade for Lou. We've got the same situation with kess now and you will again be wrong and again just like with Lou MG failed to pull off a trade for kess so now we have a new GM. I'm not sure how you can sound happy about Cory getting traded after how things worked out?

Will the Canucks attempt to trade-up in this year's draft?

Next year, the draft prizes are supposedly better. Does Kes stay another year? Who is the coach & how much change will we be seeing, again? Another year of switching gears may mean limited success....especially against the juggernaut teams in the Pacific Division who have light-years of more synergy & continuity going for them...& we have all but dumped ours.

Rebuild time it is.

Done deal just a matter of to where

Florida for the top pick and a prospect (doubt hed go there)

Tampa for connolly and kucherov or picks or combo

Detroit for mantha or nyquvist

Philly for Couturier or read or picks or combo

Pitts for pouliot bennett matta picks or combo

Montreal for Galchenyuk or tinordi or combo with picks

Anaheim for etem silverberg picks or combo

Columbus for wennberg and jenner

Or maybe even colorado or chicago or minny

Edit fixed spelling

The only thing cooler then your name is your sig

If Kes has lost the backing of his 'mates as "A" for some reason(s),...and he has dropped missives to his agent about wanting-out. I guess, the ball is already rolling to that end, despite the change of circumstances here in VAN. I would hope that they get back another Top 6 player that would also be contractually-tied to us for 2 or 3 years, too...and a high end prospect.

As a Selke winner, Kes is akin to....Backes or even Dustin Brown. Those are the kinds of horses that win you championships. I dont think his brand, was hurt by the Tortorella-experiment or his latest injuries....but an American team will be appreciating him more now....and that's where his agent will want him to cash-in on his next big contract, anyway. Trading him now,...will probably yield the best return. It's just hard for me to say good-bye to Kes, & hello.... to the unkown.

Yes could be a small reason he wants out along with a chance to win the cup

Archived