The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

to bad he's one of the best players on this team with plenty of good years ahead of him. not to mention he's the only nhl quality second line center this club has. all the situations this guy plays and the minutes he logs will not be easily replaced.

I think one of the criteria for a successful team is that the players are loyal to the team and want to be on the team. Case in point, Kevin Bieksa, "I will stay here until they kick me out" (or something like that on HNIC after hours).

If the player does not want to be here, then I don't want him on the team. I love Kesler but if he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him on the team. If he wants out, then we might as well trade him and get some good assets back. We might struggle with him but on the other hand, it will be exciting to have some new faces on the team.

Trading Kesler would be utterly embarrassing for the franchise.

I think it would be embarrassing to keep a player that wants out till the end of his contract and then let him walk for nothing in return, but that's just me I'm sorry you'd feel embarrassed if we traded him.

I think one of the criteria for a successful team is that the players are loyal to the team and want to be on the team. Case in point, Kevin Bieksa, "I will stay here until they kick me out" (or something like that on HNIC after hours).

If the player does not want to be here, then I don't want him on the team. I love Kesler but if he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him on the team. If he wants out, then we might as well trade him and get some good assets back. We might struggle with him but on the other hand, it will be exciting to have some new faces on the team.

Have to agree with you, the only way you can build a good locker room is if you fill it with players that are happy to be playing for you.

I think it would be embarrassing to keep a player that wants out till the end of his contract and then let him walk for nothing in return, but that's just me I'm sorry you'd feel embarrassed if we traded him.

It's already embarrassing that he wants out. IF he wants out.

But the fools driving the bus sure are pushing him out, aren't they?

Just let me know that there's a plan to get this team a cup if indeed they start trading their best players away. But teams that start trading their best players away... Are they often cup winners? Not sure.

i find it hard to read all these comments about we are tanking next year IF we trade Kesler??? we DID NOT make the playoffs this year with him!! And nobody knows what we will get back in return...we might actually be alot better next year with him GONE...it IS possible depending on the return and how those pieces fit into our teams dynamic and new coaching system. Kesler is not the be all end all to the Canucks ...he is simply a puzzle piece

Exactly.

I've always liked Kesler and the things he's brought to the table, but the over-valuing of him on this forum is bizarre. He's a somewhat-diminishing player without two years left on a contract on a team that missed the playoffs and is in dire need of some youthful talent. We're not exactly the 1972 Boston Bruins dealing away Bobby Orr in his prime here.

^^*this. You'd be surprised who steps up and how we do without Kesler. Don't get me wrong, love him as a player, but put a couple new guys In the lineup, with new energy and I bet you see better performances up and down the lineup.

Archived