The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Many Trades Do You Think Benning Makes At/Before The Draft

Gstank29

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think he trades either kesler or edler and picks up thornton from boston as a free agent.....we don't know how management sees this team.....

Picking up Thornton from Boston! Just what we need, another plug for the fourth line. What did he play in the playoffs, 5 minute a game. Why would we sign the garbage from Boston?

I feel the only players Benning should sign via free agency are guys he feels he can offload at the trade deadline for more picks! 1 year deals only! If not lets get younger. Let the kids play! If we lose then we lose and it may be the best year to do so since 2005! That is with Mcdavid and Eichel along with others in the top of the 2015 class!

-4 Draft week moves

-To Florida -Kesler, Edler and 2016-2nd rounder To Vancouver- Florida for 2014-1st overall and Bjugstad

-To NYI -Gaunce and 6th overall To Vancouver 2014-5th overall and 2014-35th overall

-To Edmonton 2014-1st overall To Vancouver 2014-3rd overall and 2015-2nd rounder

-To Carolina Jordan Schroeder To Vancouver 2015-3rd rounder

Vancouver Canucks 2014 Early Picks Prospects

2014- 3rd overall ( Reinhart C/LW or Bennett C/LW ) Reinhart C/LW

2014- 5th overall ( Dal Colle ) (LW ) Horvat C

2014- 35th overall ( Best Dman available ) Shinkaruk LW

Dal ColleLW

Cassels C

Add Nick Bjugstad Fox C

Trade or Buy out David Booth Kenins LW?

Lain C

Add UFA signing R. Callahan Hutton D

Add UFA signing B. Orpik Cheddarholm D

Add UFA signing M. Santorelli Subban D

Add RFA signing C. Tanev Eriksson G

Add RFA signing Z. Kassian Corrado D

2015 Canuck line-Up Spares

D. Sedin H.Sedin N Jensen Dalpe

C.Higgins N. Bjugstad R Callahan Zalewski

S. Matthais M. Santorelli Z Kassian Sistito

J.Hansen B. Richardson A. Burrows

Orpik Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa Webber

Garrison Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

Consideration for trading Higgins and Burrows at the 2015 trade deadline....both worth 2nds at this time

2016 Draft Picks

Vancouver 1st rounder

Edmonton's 2nd rounder

Vancouver's 2nd rounder

Carolina's 3rd rounder

Vancouver's 3rd rounder

Revised

-4 Draft week moves

-To Florida -Kesler, Edler and 2016-2nd rounder To Vancouver- Florida for 2014-1st overall and Bjugstad

-To NYI -Gaunce and 6th overall To Vancouver 2014-5th overall and 2014-35th overall

-To Edmonton 2014-1st overall To Vancouver 2014-3rd overall and 2014-32nd overall

2014- 32nd overall ( Best Dman available ) Shinkaruk LW

2014- 35th overall ( Best player available) Dal ColleLW

Cassels C

Add Nick Bjugstad Fox C

Lain C

Add RFA signing Z. Kassian

C.Higgins N. Bjugstad R Callahan Burrows

D. Archibald B. Richardson J Hansen Zalewski

Orpik Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa Webber

Garrison Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

Dang, +1 for the format. very nice

-4 Draft week moves

-To Edmonton 2014-1st overall To Vancouver 2014-3rd overall and 2014-32nd overall

2014- 32nd overall ( Best Dman available ) Shinkaruk LW

2014- 35th overall ( Best player available) Dal ColleLW

Cassels C

Add Nick Bjugstad Fox C

Lain C

Add RFA signing Z. Kassian Corrado D

C.Higgins N. Bjugstad R Callahan Burrows

D. Archibald B. Richardson J Hansen Zalewski

Orpik Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa Webber

Garrison Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

Burr as a spare? I know he had a rough season but damn dude. I dont think we can afford a 5 mil contract as a spare. Other than that the prospect pool and lineup is decent.

Hopefully he makes a few! I've suggested Kesler retained! I might even be crazy suggesting edler retained no more than 25%! If I could get a player like spezza one on one trade! Then flip Spezza for picks and prospects! I hear Nashville is interested in Spezza! Walk out of the draft with Draisaitl at 6th, Virtanen at 10th, Fabbri at 11th and one of Sanhiem or Demko at 36!

WAIT! THERE'S MORE! If you act RIGHT now, we'll double your order absolutely FREE! Just pay separate shipping and handling.

i think he trades either kesler or edler and picks up thornton from boston as a free agent.....we don't know how management sees this team.....

My biggest fear is that Aquaman is still calling the shots and management has been instructed to do what it takes to make the playoffs, meaning more short-term and short-sighted moves as opposed to building a new young core.

My biggest fear is that Aquaman is still calling the shots and management has been instructed to do what it takes to make the playoffs, meaning more short-term and short-sighted moves as opposed to building a new young core.

Yeah blame the owners for wanting to win. How dare they.

If Kesler gets move only two other moves well happen at the draft...

The first line well get moved for picks

Edler well be moved.

Those picks well be used to move up to take first pick over all.

The Caucks well use #1, #6, and #10 to take a defenceman, a power forward, plus the best playmaker left at the #10 spot.

Gone after that via buyout is booth.

Canucks take another year off the playoffs, finish 2nd last for a shot at first pick in 2015 draft armed with two first plus two second rounders next draft year, they put together a solid team that has speed size plus skill on four lines making a push for the during the 2016 season.

This has been a experiment to see how the CDC would react to losing Kesler, Sedins, Burrows, and Edler in the same year.

Enjoy.

tribaljohn you must be smoking some good tribal stuff. Even if there were a slight possibility of trading the Sedins, JB doing it in his first year here before the 'nucks even hit the ice, is even more unlikely. you say its an experiment to see how CDC would react but your proposal is so outlandish its hard to even consider it trolling. Having said that, buying out Booth is plausible and Edler being gone is too.

Crashing or "tanking" for a high pick next year is just crazy, last year was surely no indication of where the team is skill wise and with some decent moves and a good coach brought in, we're more than capable of contending. I don't see us making the SCF next year but I don't think JB or TL have any intention of taking their first years in the organization. if anything, JB will trade up to get a good draft pick if we don't get one via the lottery next year.

Yeah blame the owners for wanting to win. How dare they.

owners don't necessarily know how to win and a lot of the time interfere with GM's and other management. Aquilini is a realestate and investment tycoon, he's nothing more than a pocketbook for the team and that's the way it should be. GM's who've been in and around hockey their whole lives should be calling the shots.

I don't blame the owners for wanting to win but if they truly want to win and know what's best they'll let the true hockey minds go to work. Obviously if the "hockey minds" are no good and your team starts to suck you need to interfere and find a better guy.

owners don't necessarily know how to win and a lot of the time interfere with GM's and other management. Aquilini is a realestate and investment tycoon, he's nothing more than a pocketbook for the team and that's the way it should be. GM's who've been in and around hockey their whole lives should be calling the shots.

I don't blame the owners for wanting to win but if they truly want to win and know what's best they'll let the true hockey minds go to work. Obviously if the "hockey minds" are no good and your team starts to suck you need to interfere and find a better guy.

wow....amazing how people just hear some media pundit spew sillyness and grab onto it like its a life preserver in the open sea....

its all aquaman lol amazing

btw, even if it was, which it IS NOT, mr. aqualini doesn't owe you or I or any fan anything, its his team he can do as he pleases and if you or I, or anyone doesn't like it, don't watch, don't go

so tired of foolish fans thinking they are OWED entertainment, yes the acquilini's OWE you a cup, the OWE you cheap tickets, they OWE you whatever you desire for your entertainment purposes

NO, NO THEY DONT

I think Zero before the draft, but I think there will likely be 2 or 3 at the draft. I think one of them will likely be on the blockbuster level as that's when Benning will really have the opportunity to start putting his personal Stamp on this team.

wow....amazing how people just hear some media pundit spew sillyness and grab onto it like its a life preserver in the open sea....

its all aquaman lol amazing

btw, even if it was, which it IS NOT, mr. aqualini doesn't owe you or I or any fan anything, its his team he can do as he pleases and if you or I, or anyone doesn't like it, don't watch, don't go

so tired of foolish fans thinking they are OWED entertainment, yes the acquilini's OWE you a cup, the OWE you cheap tickets, they OWE you whatever you desire for your entertainment purposes

NO, NO THEY DONT

jeez why you defend him so much? makes me think you are him! And if he owns the team he should do whats best for it and the city not whats best for his own rich ass

jeez why you defend him so much? makes me think you are him! And if he owns the team he should do whats best for it and the city not whats best for his own rich ass

Doing one accomplishes the other. He doesn't care about winning as much as he cares about making money. Don't care as long as this team is winning.

Archived