The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doughty is the guy NYR do not have an equivilent for.

And he's not the only good young puck mover. Muzzin in particular looks good this year, Voynov and Martinez are all good just like McDonough, Staal and the boys. But none are the equivilent of Doughty, the strongest MVP candidate ATM.

Lundquist versus Quick might be the best goalie match up in any recent finals history?

NYR have as much speed and size as LA up front. It makes the match up very interesting!

The guy has pushed his game up two steps. I take Doughty over Weber now. The guy is only 24 years old to boot.

Last time Kings and Rangers met in the playoffs, all heck broke loose. We’re going back to 1981 for this one:

The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings have never met in the Stanley Cup Final before, but they have met in the playoffs before and it got a bit heated.

Back in the 1981 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the two teams met in the preliminary Best of 5 round eventually won by the Rangers. That series didn’t go quietly as the two teams had a legendary brawl during the Kings’ only win in the series in Game 2.

As the New York Times shared, over 200 penalty minutes were handed out after a bench-clearing brawl to end the first period. It was sparked by Rangers captain Barry Beck sucker-punching Kings defenseman Rick Chartraw. Chartraw was being held back by an official when Beck threw a left hook over the referee’s shoulder.

Highlights of the melee include:

• Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne throwing punches with Ed Hospodar.

• Ron Duguay’s sweet hair.

• Nick Fotiu winding up in the crowd throwing punches.

• Future NHL GMs Don Maloney and Jim Rutherford being involved.

• Hospodar punching Kings goalie Mario Lessard to spark things all over again.

• The commentary is priceless including comments saying the fight is a “disgrace” and it would “set the game back 10 years.”

Sit back and enjoy the wonder of early 80s hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_KKCQTUwwI

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/video-last-time-kings-and-rangers-met-in-the-playoffs-all-heck-broke-loose/

I have nothing against AV (anymore ;) ). I would like to see him hoist the Cup.

But...you just know that Ronny MacLean and PJ and the rest of the CBC panel will be heaping on shovelfuls through their smirking gobs at Vancouver, implying that we made a HUGE mistake. When in fact it wasn't letting AV go that was the mistake it was hiring Torts.

I notice there are even some here that love to wallow in misery and actually wish AV would win for the same reason.

Last time Kings and Rangers met in the playoffs, all heck broke loose. We’re going back to 1981 for this one:

The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings have never met in the Stanley Cup Final before, but they have met in the playoffs before and it got a bit heated.

Back in the 1981 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the two teams met in the preliminary Best of 5 round eventually won by the Rangers. That series didn’t go quietly as the two teams had a legendary brawl during the Kings’ only win in the series in Game 2.

As the New York Times shared, over 200 penalty minutes were handed out after a bench-clearing brawl to end the first period. It was sparked by Rangers captain Barry Beck sucker-punching Kings defenseman Rick Chartraw. Chartraw was being held back by an official when Beck threw a left hook over the referee’s shoulder.

Highlights of the melee include:

• Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne throwing punches with Ed Hospodar.

• Ron Duguay’s sweet hair.

• Nick Fotiu winding up in the crowd throwing punches.

• Future NHL GMs Don Maloney and Jim Rutherford being involved.

• Hospodar punching Kings goalie Mario Lessard to spark things all over again.

• The commentary is priceless including comments saying the fight is a “disgrace” and it would “set the game back 10 years.”

Sit back and enjoy the wonder of early 80s hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_KKCQTUwwI

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/video-last-time-kings-and-rangers-met-in-the-playoffs-all-heck-broke-loose/

What a May-lay!! :towel:

Meh...don't really have a vested interest in either team winning.

I guess NY get my emotional vote (Wouldn't hate seeing A.V., Lundqvist or St.Louis raise the cup) but IMO LA's the better team and more likely to win...meh :bored:

Logistics say the Kings but heart says the Rangers. Why? Rangers have a game changer in Lundqvist. He can steal games for the Rangers and will be the best goalie the Kings have faced in the playoff this year plus the Rangers will be hungrier as they haven't won a cup in a long time and the Kings just won one recently.

I don't get the hatred for the Kings at all. Is it really because Brown hit Henrik one game?

For me, it's because Brown has a lot of knee of knee victims and is reckless. He's hurt a lot of players with that knee.

Seen that Cam Talbot is day to day? LeNeveu probably backing up game one then I assume. Not that anyone cares, family friend hahah. Would love to see the Rangers take the series. It's really a toss up and can't make a good prediction until game one.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not understanding all the Ranger love on this board.

For those of us who remember '94, who wants to see that again? And on the 20th anniversary of when the best team(and officials) money could buy beat our Canucks. No thanks.

I might be mistaken but I believe our friend Mark Messier has some token front office job with the Rangers. Who wants to see his name on the cup for a 7th time? Not me.

AV deserves a cup because the Canucks fired him? It's true, AV seems like a nice guy and he's a good coach, but he had the best chance at a cup anybody could hope for a few years ago and he blew it. It's not all his fault but he was the coach and he couldn't make the correct decisions which would've allowed the Canucks to squeeze out that 4th win.

That guy had high scoring, good defense, ace goaltending (at times), division title and Presidents Trophy winning teams, and all he could manage was one failed cup run sandwiched between 1st and 2nd round knockouts. Now he's in his first year in New York with another shot at the cup and Canuck fans are cheering for him? Obviously I'm not. If he wins with the Rags my question is why couldn't he do it here first? His team only managed 93 points in the weak metro division.

Martin St. Louis deserves a cup? Martin St. Louis already has a cup. Dont get me wrong, I feel sorry for the guy because of his mom's passing and all but what does that have to do with hockey?

St. Louis had a hissy fit when Yzerman left him off the olympic team, Yzerman then puts him on the olympic team and he wins the gold medal, he then pisses and moans his way out of Tampa because his GM Yzerman hurt his feelings or whatever, and now he deserves another cup? I dont know about that.

I do think Lundqvist deserves a cup, his whole career has been great with a team that's mostly been average. I hope he gets traded somewhere else and wins a cup before his career is over.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not understanding all the Ranger love on this board.

For those of us who remember '94, who wants to see that again? And on the 20th anniversary of when the best team(and officials) money could buy beat our Canucks. No thanks.

I might be mistaken but I believe our friend Mark Messier has some token front office job with the Rangers. Who wants to see his name on the cup for a 7th time? Not me.

AV deserves a cup because the Canucks fired him? It's true, AV seems like a nice guy and he's a good coach, but he had the best chance at a cup anybody could hope for a few years ago and he blew it. It's not all his fault but he was the coach and he couldn't make the correct decisions which would've allowed the Canucks to squeeze out that 4th win.

That guy had high scoring, good defense, ace goaltending (at times), division title and Presidents Trophy winning teams, and all he could manage was one failed cup run sandwiched between 1st and 2nd round knockouts. Now he's in his first year in New York with another shot at the cup and Canuck fans are cheering for him? Obviously I'm not. If he wins with the Rags my question is why couldn't he do it here first? His team only managed 93 points in the weak metro division.

Martin St. Louis deserves a cup? Martin St. Louis already has a cup. Dont get me wrong, I feel sorry for the guy because of his mom's passing and all but what does that have to do with hockey?

St. Louis had a hissy fit when Yzerman left him off the olympic team, Yzerman then puts him on the olympic team and he wins the gold medal, he then pisses and moans his way out of Tampa because his GM Yzerman hurt his feelings or whatever, and now he deserves another cup? I dont know about that.

I do think Lundqvist deserves a cup, his whole career has been great with a team that's mostly been average. I hope he gets traded somewhere else and wins a cup before his career is over.

This I can agree with :)

Archived