The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Red Wings have 'considerable interest' in Edler

Every players' goal should be to win. I find it odd that he would go down with the ship. It's like he doesn't care. I dunno.

Ever heard of something called loyalty?

Not every player abandons his team at the first sign of trouble like Kesler.

Maybe he believes in the team, and thinks that they can back to the playoffs sooner than later, who knows.

I don't think it is that bad of a deal, we get Gagner and a prospect like big tough Mitch Moroz, who plays a heavy game and also played his part in a Memorial cup winning Oil Kings. Or we could even get an OFD Swede who has been making progress in the SHL in Erik Gustafsson.

I would start with Bieksa for Perron straight up first though.

I'd do that trade for Gagner since the fact that Bieksa wouldn't even consider a trade to a cup contending team has me question whether he even cares about the game anymore.

Every players' goal should be to win. I find it odd that he would go down with the ship. It's like he doesn't care. I dunno.

You'll have to explain how Bieksa could expect to win in Edmonton...

That's never going to happen though.

He wouldn't say Edler is on the block, he would have said everyone is available, if the right price is their, etc.. He sounds truthful with all his explanations to keeping Edler. There is no reason to trade Edler anyways, he has to tell the fans something other than just saying the obvious.

You could very well be right. Depending on how Benning wants to reconstruct is roster they might decide

that Edler can be a part of that. It always depends on what is offered by clubs who might want him or

anyone else on the Canuck roster. Unsolicited offers happen all the time.

Archived