The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Red Wings have 'considerable interest' in Edler

Last I read Detroit had 65,000 abandoned houses and condos. It is a 3rd world city.

Who knows if Edler would waive or not. If Benning is saying they want to change it might be enough. I consider the Van d-core CUP quality even with the bad season. I suspect Benning and the new coach watch

Edler this fall and then decide. The gamble is that if he continues to slide his trade value sinks. All

this considered I would not be surprised to see one of the top 4 dealt.

Last I read Detroit had 65,000 abandoned houses and condos. It is a 3rd world city.

Who knows if Edler would waive or not. If Benning is saying they want to change it might be enough. I consider the Van d-core CUP quality even with the bad season. I suspect Benning and the new coach watch

Edler this fall and then decide. The gamble is that if he continues to slide his trade value sinks. All

this considered I would not be surprised to see one of the top 4 dealt.

Are u an idiot? This is an insult to those who live in 3rd world countries. You know, the ones that barely have clean water...

Edler still has lots of upside. I mean, most of the Canucks players had a garbage season last year, so it isn't surprising Edler was among them.

I am thinking it might be wiser to see what the new coach can get out of these players without being too hasty..Edler's best years might be ahead of him.

Edler still has lots of upside. I mean, most of the Canucks players had a garbage season last year, so it isn't surprising Edler was among them.

I am thinking it might be wiser to see what the new coach can get out of these players without being too hasty..Edler's best years might be ahead of him.

Yup this. People assume it is all edler and he has no value. Yet looking at the numbers the entire team had career bad seasons yet somehow all have retained their value in the league while only Edler is worthles...

this forum seems to endlessly need a whipping boy

How many coaches do we go through before we decide enough is enough? AV lost him, Torts never had him, who's next? Honestly if he miraculously becomes good again for us, I'll be ecstatic. But I have my doubts. I guess we can keep drawing this out waiting for his inner Lidstrom to come out.

As much as I would love for this to be true, I have serious doubts he is willing to waive to go anywhere.[/quote

Why? Is it because everyone who plays there loves it? Or maybe because edler would not be under a microscope? Perhaps he wouldn't want to go to Det, because if he had a bad game fan there wouldn't be booing him off the ice or looking to rail road him out of town. God knows there never in the playoff hunt. There's no way he would want to go.

I don't know, he's such a frustrating player to watch and every year there always talk that he could be much better then he is playing. Maybe for him to actually reach this potential he has, he just needs a change of scenery. I wouldn't care what happens to him once he leaves the team, whether he is good or bad I don't want that to be our problem anymore. I'm tired of the guy, way to inconsistent and often looks like he doesn't care about whats going on on the ice.

How many coaches do we go through before we decide enough is enough? AV lost him, Torts never had him, who's next? Honestly if he miraculously becomes good again for us, I'll be ecstatic. But I have my doubts. I guess we can keep drawing this out waiting for his inner Lidstrom to come out.

How did AV lose him exactly? his last full season under AV was 49 points. Then in a lockout shortened season he was on pace for a near 50 point season again under AV

Then Torts happened and he puts up 22 points. Lowest in his career, coupled with a team that had its worst season in over a decade.

Please in ALL honesty, if you're going to post. At least do it from a point of credibility and honest facts. he had 1 other NHL coach not named AV in his career and he suffered like the entire team.

Edler checked out last season because Torts is an a$$hole. I would be willing to give him a mulligan for the past season "IF" we get him a puck moving dman d partner. He did great with Hoff. I wonder why?! If the offer is there though, take it. 2nd and Brendan Smith. I am good with that.

Aren't the Red Wings always interested in Edler every year? But now we don't have Gillis anymore.

That's probably a good thing?

Gillis's infatuated sense of value buying and selling was a problem in recent years. He traded for Booth and paid him 3 times the cap he could have paid by re signing Torres. Similarly, he just could not bear to give up Schneider when it made sense (had a chance to get Carter?). He also dabbled in money ball. Kassian, in 2015 or 2016 WILL be the guy we needed when we traded for him in 2012. But Gillis "had" to have that guy. Gillis felt he had to win negotiations, then bent over when he was put in positions where he lacked leverage.

His perceptions kept him from looking objectively at pieces that actually fit and made sense here.

You don't have to be a clear cut winner in a trade, as long as you get what you need! And a fair offer is far more likely to attract a deal.

The problem is that Benning nor Linden will want to start off there career by asking someone to waive there NTC. It will set a bad example for any player who is considering signing here as a UFA.

But we can hope !

Archived