The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Red Wings have 'considerable interest' in Edler

Elder will be an out standing addition to the Detroit Red Wings. Although we like to point out Edlers flaws, which is many give aways, you know who is Alex Edler?

Here are his positives to his game.

He's a 6'3 220 lb offensive dman who can skate the puck. He's a physical team, a booming shot, and highly skilled up until 2 years ago, it feels like teams have mastered his weakness. He did not fluke his way onto team Sweden, and I do believe he's a very effective dman.

That's the positives of his game, at the same time right now his struggles is happening (his worst he's ever played) is happening at almost the same time Bieksa went through his struggles in 2010. I do believe Edler will turn his game around, find us a veteran dman, maybe if the right coach comes around, can change his game.

I would consider the ONLY untouchable prospect/rookie/elc player that Det has. he is producing at an awesome rate on the club where the rest are AHL or CHL players

You underestimate. They do have some solid young players I would be reluctant to trade if I were the GM.

Tartar, DeKeyser, Sheahan, and Jurco are some of those players that come to mind. They need young players as much as we do since Zetterberg Kronwall and Dats are not getting any younger.

Edler

Jensen

Smith

Mantha

Mantha is the only player I accept from Detroit in any trade.

I highly doubt DET does that. They can just sign a FA defenseman instead of taking that cap.

I wouldn't do it if I were DET. I would low ball considering the season Edler had.

If we're still asking too much for Edler can anyone see Detroit throwing the bank at Subban? Say like $8.5-$9 million+ a year? I don't think they have a single right-handed defenseman on their active roster.

I highly doubt DET does that. They can just sign a FA defenseman instead of taking that cap.

I wouldn't do it if I were DET. I would low ball considering the season Edler had.

Jensen is awesome, I think its a great trade. If detroit thinks a 20th overall overager in the Q is worth more than Edler than they're doomed.

would you?

Lol nope

Yes please. I'm tired of waiting for "the real" Alex Edler to show up and start playing decently

Why wouldn't he? One of the greatest nhl franchises

I think Edler would consider it if Benning put it to him we have no chance of winning anytime soon. They would all consider it.

Are u an idiot? This is an insult to those who live in 3rd world countries. You know, the ones that barely have clean water...

Are you an idiot for not knowing the terminology "Third World City" used in urban geography? Several sources refer Detroit as "Third World city" to describe the city's urban blight. Educate yourself first before chastising others.

Id be willing to eat Weiss' contract with Mantha and a 1st for an Edler + combo.

Although I know the inevitable comments will pour in about how Edler is totally worthless. GM's still desire him regardless

Considering how wrong you were in determining Luongo's value before the trade, I disagree with your valuing of Edler.

Don't think that Detroit parts with Mantha. A couple of decent prospects for Edler makes sense. No Weiss involved.

Detroit has a small window to win while Zetterberk and Datsyuk are there. They also have ridiculous skill in drafting great players in later rounds, I can easily see them ditching some young talent in order to secure players in their prime.

They could have interest in both Kesler and Edler, though not the assets for both.

If they took Kesler, then they can afford to send Nyquist the other way without blinking.

Are you an idiot for not knowing the terminology "Third World City" used in urban geography? Several sources refer Detroit as "Third World city" to describe the city's urban blight. Educate yourself first before chastising others.

I know more than a few photographers involved in a project to actually photograph Detroits ruins. And they are termed ruins. The unreal decline and slow degradation of that city has been incredible.

Homes once valued in the hundreds of thousands now cannot be given away. Whole blocks of homes up for sale for under $10k

It is insane

Archived