The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official]2014 FIFA World Cup l Germany wins 2014 World Cup l

Blueberries

Tomorrow.........IT BEGINS!

I wouldn´t say tomorrow because it´s only one game and unless Croatia decides strike Neymar by killing him pretty much Brazil will win. things will be different against Mexico...

but some games should be fun to see...

1) England VS Italy. Manaus/AM 12:00PM

aham. let me see. 2 european teams playing in Manaus at midday. how it can be worse?

well, if the infernal heat and moisture don´t kill the both teams the fact that IT DOESN´T WIND IN MANAUS will make the job done. and when rains in Manaus it will FLOOD the stadium.

and you know that "little" river near Manaus right? it´s called "Amazonic river", it also flood. so guess what can happen...

this game has been called "the survivor game". who survive better win the game...

2) Spain VS Netherland. Salvador/BA

-super. the 2010 final right here! I bet the Dutch people will want this victory for sure!

3) teams playing in Cuiaba/MT...

-if they don´t die due to the extreme heat they will die due to the lack of water/rain and the huge number of cows surrouding the city...

4) teams playing in Curitiba/PR...

-let´s see. last year snowed here. what´s gonna happen if snows again. Russia might take the advantage of this...

5) Teams playing in São Paulo...

-ok. 1st. traffic jams, leave the hotel 5 hours before or you will not be on the stadium on time, 2nd) if rains forget it dude, it´s over...

6) Teams playing in Minas Gerais...

read below WITHOUT pause:

-theymustbereadytospeakveryfastbecausepeoplefromminasgeraisdon´tstopasecondwhentheyaretalkinguai!

-also the "Cheese" and "Uai" state of Brazil. it´s like Texas but with cheese...

7) Rio de Janeiro...

-super. wanna be stolen/murdered/rapped? this is THE city. want see wierd people? also the right place.

-Maracanã is big, and I hope you realise that it´s close to Santos Dumont Airport. if you see a B737 flying low it´s normal Mkay? the plane will not crash, it´s just the runway is way too short Mkay?

funny and wierd cup ahead. just a normal day for us...

ronaldo played in the final warm up match yesterday against ireland and is ready to play! can't wait till tomorrow!

Couldn't disagree with you any more, man. When you say pick I'm assuming you're predicting Portugal and England to be the favourites to win. That's crazy. England has done terribly under Roy Hodgson and they always suck in hot weather. Portugal doesn't have a single superstar other than Ronaldo, who's injured right now. Maybe they'll go far if Pepe kicks enough guys in the balls. If you're just rooting for those teams... prepare to be disappointed.

Spain is my pick for #1. True, they might have to play Torres or Villa up front, but they could also move Fabregas up or play six mids (no FW) like del Bosque did back in Euro 12. Germany is almost a carbon copy of Spain at this point. They lost Reus, but he's not even their best midfielder. Losing a midfielder is something Germany can afford. Losing Klose would mean pushing a guy like Podolski up, which is bad. But Reus is completely replaceable.

But yes, Brazil is going to have to lean on Neymar. And Neymar might fail them the same way he failed Barcelona this season.

You don't need multiple superstars. You need to have chemistry, be solid defensively and have a few guys that are game-breakers. Moutinho is maybe the most underrated mid-fielders in the world and Ronaldo speaks for himself. They'll be tough to beat. England, well they're England, who knows, if they mesh well they could compete.

I wouldn´t say tomorrow because it´s only one game and unless Croatia decides strike Neymar by killing him pretty much Brazil will win. things will be different against Mexico...

but some games should be fun to see...

1) England VS Italy. Manaus/AM 12:00PM

aham. let me see. 2 european teams playing in Manaus at midday. how it can be worse?

well, if the infernal heat and moisture don´t kill the both teams the fact that IT DOESN´T WIND IN MANAUS will make the job done. and when rains in Manaus it will FLOOD the stadium.

and you know that "little" river near Manaus right? it´s called "Amazonic river", it also flood. so guess what can happen...

this game has been called "the survivor game". who survive better win the game...

2) Spain VS Netherland. Salvador/BA

-super. the 2010 final right here! I bet the Dutch people will want this victory for sure!

3) teams playing in Cuiaba/MT...

-if they don´t die due to the extreme heat they will die due to the lack of water/rain and the huge number of cows surrouding the city...

4) teams playing in Curitiba/PR...

-let´s see. last year snowed here. what´s gonna happen if snows again. Russia might take the advantage of this...

5) Teams playing in São Paulo...

-ok. 1st. traffic jams, leave the hotel 5 hours before or you will not be on the stadium on time, 2nd) if rains forget it dude, it´s over...

6) Teams playing in Minas Gerais...

read below WITHOUT pause:

-theymustbereadytospeakveryfastbecausepeoplefromminasgeraisdon´tstopasecondwhentheyaretalkinguai!

-also the "Cheese" and "Uai" state of Brazil. it´s like Texas but with cheese...

7) Rio de Janeiro...

-super. wanna be stolen/murdered/rapped? this is THE city. want see wierd people? also the right place.

-Maracanã is big, and I hope you realise that it´s close to Santos Dumont Airport. if you see a B737 flying low it´s normal Mkay? the plane will not crash, it´s just the runway is way too short Mkay?

funny and wierd cup ahead. just a normal day for us...

what is wrong with you? lol.

i no longer recognize all these current players except for a select few....

still living in 2002, 2006, 2010 where beckham, joe cole, owen, ferdinand, gary neville still played on england, totti, zambrotta, cannavaro, inzaghi on italy, kaka, ronaldhino, juninho, gilberto silva was on brazil...

now i only recognize the obvious ones, c ronaldo, messi, rooney, walcott, gerrard, lampard, david villa, torres,

i looked at the brazil team roster, and i had no idea who 90% of the players were....btw what happened to robinho?

i blame it on the lack of interest in football these past years from my friends and lack of coverage! :P

I didn't think I was too bothered leading up to this but now that it's almost kick off time, I can't wait.

Really looking forward to the Spain vs Holland game on Friday. And obviously England on Saturday.

If I hear even one vuvuzela then that might change!

Nothing wrong with him. He's just Brazilian.

yeah. our unique way to complain make us a wierd country...

yeah. Brazilians complain about something that he/she is complaining about he/she is complaining too much but he/she still complain because nothing is done. so we keep complaining and insulting in our wierd and confusing language called portuguese...

Kurtis must be learning this right now :P

I didn't think I was too bothered leading up to this but now that it's almost kick off time, I can't wait.

Really looking forward to the Spain vs Holland game on Friday. And obviously England on Saturday.

If I hear even one vuvuzela then that might change!

super! the "infernoland" called Manaus is waiting...

heat, moisture, jungle and the terrible amazonic drivers. England and Italy will have the adventure of their lives before even step on the stadium! :towel:

if they survive during the game they might say "I played in the inferno. and I survived!"

Archived