The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 CDCFL Entry Draft

Nail

250px-2014_NHL_Draft.png

Welcome to our inaugural season's entry draft, kindly hosted by GM AriGold and his Philadelphia Flyers!

Before we start off, there are a couple of rules I'd like all GM's to read:

1) Please keep all trade talk and normal talk in the normal CDCFL thread for now. The only things I wanna see in this thread are who teams have picked, and who is up next.

2) The time limits will be as such:

1st and 2nd Round: 8 hours maximum per pick

3rd Round: 4 hours maximum per pick

4th and 5th Round: 2 hours maximum per pick

*These time limits are subject to change (Small chance they do, but want to keep the option open).

The draft clock will run from 8:00 am til 10:00 pm every day

3) Lists can be sent in if you think you may miss your pick (especially in the later rounds) to myself as well as JE14 and HowYaDrouin.

4) If a GM misses their pick completely, they can make up their pick after that round has concluded.

The draft SS which will be keeping track of all things draft is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCTZRnNYL05wSjgXG3Q8XrTjXEMXuH5cRbbyMpdEJNw/edit#gid=0

As soon as we have crowned a Stanley Cup Champion, Montreal, you are on the clock! (Hopefully by tomorrow night)

They were teasing you...I don't think you got the joke ;)

Well not really.

The briefest look at the scoring structure would tell anyone that defenceman are significantly worse than forwards.

And on the topic of skipping picks, I don't agree. Definitely BPA off Bob's list, the difference between 2nd and 6th is huge and no one should have that disadvantage.

Since we started the draft early i don't think it's fair to BPA or skip at this point.

Well not really.

The briefest look at the scoring structure would tell anyone that defenceman are significantly worse than forwards.

And on the topic of skipping picks, I don't agree. Definitely BPA off Bob's list, the difference between 2nd and 6th is huge and no one should have that disadvantage.

Aren't dman points 6 now and forwards 4? If so it's a fine pick... Ekblad will be a tank so w.e.

FWIW, Ekblad would be my #1 and the only player in this draft class I'd want on either the Canucks or my Predators team. The kid is going to be a stud for years to come and, if Florida gets him, a much better Dman than either Kulikov or Gudbranson. It was the best pick you could make.

Back to the draft...

Archived