The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wont ask Alex Edler to waive NTC

AriGold

I think it's hilarious when people think that Ehrhoff is the only thing that can turn Edler's career around.

A puck moving guy who can also help him on the PP is exactly what it will take to turn his game around. Because he has proven now he can't do it with any other type of partner.

A puck moving guy who can also help him on the PP is exactly what it will take to turn his game around. Because he has proven now he can't do it with any other type of partner.

I wonder if a Matt Niskanen would work. UFA. Pit fans weren't thrilled by him.

This whole thing is a problem. We have 4 defensemen who all really want to be here and are unlikely to waive. All took discounts to play here. Two of them took discounts to come play here from other teams. I just can't see Garrison waiving and I don't want him to waive. But if it helps the team, what can ya do?!

Damn right he's staying. Guy has awesome hands for a big, great skating D man. Give him that solid D partner he needs, someone reliable like Salo was with him, and I bet we will see a bad ass Eddie patrol the blue line.

I think Torts over emphasized the physical play of Edler. Yeah he can lay people out. But he's better when he gets to pick and choose his spots.

So glad the trade proposals can stop now. For a team that needs a bit more size, why the hell would anyone want to trade Edler then?

Then again, trading Garrison and buying out Booth are the type of significant changes the team has been talking about.

Buying out Booth is not a significant move he has barely even played for the Canucks and him not being there is not going to make any difference.

I don't get why u would compliance buy out Garrison. That seems really weird....

Garrison doesn't have a NMC so buying him out would make literally no sense at all. Why would the ownership agree to buy him out when you could just tell him to list some teams you want to be dealt to or threaten to waive him. I would be surprised if Buffalo didn't grab him right of the bat there is no way Garrison would clear waivers.

Unless they don't want to ruin the Canucks FA image which I don't think even matters because no one signs here anyways unless they are either from BC or overpaid.

I'm sorry but I am just so damn sick of hearing this about Edler. Give it one more year, maybe he'll get back to what he was. I see almost no evidence of him moving in the right direction. All this talk about a stale core and needing a shakeup, but oh no! Edler gets another year to prove himself. He's part of the core, he's one of the best pieces to move. This team is not going anywhere by keeping the same personnel for yet another year. If your are hoping that somehow the Canucks make the playoffs and go on a deep run next season, then you are hoping for an anomaly, a Cinderella story

Stop coddling this guy. Stop telling him every year that's he's a premiere Dman with no recent data to support that claim. He's earning 6 million a year with a NTC. Tell him to either help the team by earning his pay cheque and playing up to the potential everyone claims he has, or help the team by accepting a trade and not wasting a spot on our blueline. I'd rather see Frankie Corrado busting his ass to stay in on the team then watch Edler make stupid decisions with the puck.

you realize he was on pace for about 40 pts in the shortened season right?

and he had one terrible year in a year where everyone else had a bad year

maybe Benning and Linden know a bit more about talent than you sucky baby

Damn right he's staying. Guy has awesome hands for a big, great skating D man. Give him that solid D partner he needs, someone reliable like Salo was with him, and I bet we will see a bad ass Eddie patrol the blue line.

I think Torts over emphasized the physical play of Edler. Yeah he can lay people out. But he's better when he gets to pick and choose his spots.

So glad the trade proposals can stop now. For a team that needs a bit more size, why the hell would anyone want to trade Edler then?

Great skating d-man...who have you been watching again? Ehrhoff is a great skating defenseman. If Edler could skate anywhere near what we needed him to, CDC wouldn't be clamouring for his trade or buyout. Furthermore, he wouldn't need that silly bulls#!+ drop pass to enter the o-zone. He would just skate it in...like Ehrhoff used to do!!!!

That gives us 5-6 d-men making upwards of 3.5-5 million dollars (cap wise, not salary). F***ing ridiculous. Considering all but one would fill the same niche.

Trade Tanev then. I like Tanev, but if we can get Edler back into All-Star form, I'd be willing to get rid of almost anybody...

Great skating d-man...who have you been watching again? Ehrhoff is a great skating defenseman. If Edler could skate anywhere near what we needed him to, CDC wouldn't be clamouring for his trade or buyout. Furthermore, he wouldn't need that silly bulls#!+ drop pass to enter the o-zone. He would just skate it in...like Ehrhoff used to do!!!!

nah. erhoff is half the size. and that drop pass is for the sedins who you do want taking the puck in.

I think it's hilarious when people think that Ehrhoff is the only thing that can turn Edler's career around.

That isnt what his problem is.

Here come the spin..hahaha..get used to it...its a GM/Pres kinda thing.

Lets just keep the core...and add a few 3rd and 4th liners...hahahahaha

They have to sell season tickets. He gave them until July 10th to cancel their season tickets if they didnt like the product .

nah. erhoff is half the size. and that drop pass is for the sedins who you do want taking the puck in.

You want your defensemen skating the puck in if you can. It backs off the other team, big time. The drop pass didn't get initiated until the Hoff left. If Eddie could skate the puck in like Hoff could, he would and we would have a puck moving defender. Edler is a trigger man and a forward passer. His lateral passing isn't so great, otherwise he and Garry would be magic together. Haven't you noticed the team is no longer a threat off the rush anymore?! It's because we don't have a d-man with the ability to skate the puck in.

Archived