The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian ministry quotes Adolf Hitler on billboard

There certainly was a lot of conflict with the church in his later years and his private beliefs certainly weren't conventionally Christian. However, it seems like the consensus was that he was still a theist or deist. You can be anti-religious without being an atheist,

There's also the fact that he repeatedly denigrated the Soviet Union's state atheism. He saw Bolshevism as antithetical to Nazism.

why didn't you link an academic article you haven't read to back this up?

isn't that your calling card?

In the same way the same posters only post about "Tradez Edlerz! Heez teeriible!!!!"

When someone only posts about the same thing, it gets a little tiresome.

Not trying to be a dick, I'm only trying to help; as much as an anonymous internet poster can.

that is incorrect mate ,I suggest you check my posting history, I am among the few posters that start science based threads. Are you condemning me because I do not contribute to the endless shooting threads and threads that bag America ? As I have stated so many times religion has had a profound effect on my life , my talking about it is a form of self therapy.

they are not my definitions they are the meriam Webster dictionary's definitions of those words ,I suggest you take it up with them.

The Merriam-Webster definitions of "atheist" and "agnostic" aren't mutually exclusive, though. One deals with belief and the other knowledge.

why didn't you link an academic article you haven't read to back this up?

isn't that your calling card?

Can you point out times I've done this? I can think of once, and that was me quoting someone else's citations that were behind a paywall.

uhmm...what was I just looking at??

THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT OF THE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF GERMANY WHO PRODUCED THE GREATEST, MOST ENLIGHTENED, TRUTHFUL, UNCORRUPT AND PEOPLE-LOVING LEADER IN WORLD HISTORY ALONGSIDE JESUS CHRIST. OF THIS FACT ALL TRUE GERMANS SHOULD FEEL A HUMBLE PRIDE.

did you lie to me last night?

I just think you have a lot of unrealized potential to contribute to other discussions bro. Not trying to be a penis.

as I have stated before I have a great deal of respect for you and Vic ,young people rational,logica people like you give me hope for the future of our species.

Must be totally why he killed all those people right? :frantic:

Whatever guy, we know you have the same (non)beliefs as Hitler.

zomg and we're both human! we have so much in common! jk

That's where you would be wrong, my friend. Do you enjoy being wrong? Don't make it a hobby in these threads!

The Merriam-Webster definitions of "atheist" and "agnostic" aren't mutually exclusive, though. One deals with belief and the other knowledge.

Can you point out times I've done this? I can think of once, and that was me quoting someone else's citations that were behind a paywall.

how can a person deny something exists and yet claim it is unknowable if that things exists ?

it was nice, spent it at the beach. how was your day? :) do you believe life has a purpose glassjaw

my day was OK, i went into starbucks today and the really cute girl behind the counter mischarged me on "accident" and saved me some $$$. i am thinking about it two hours later and hoping it's because she thinks im a QT.

as for the second part of your post, who really knows/cares?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

uhmm...what was I just looking at??

THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT OF THE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF GERMANY WHO PRODUCED THE GREATEST, MOST ENLIGHTENED, TRUTHFUL, UNCORRUPT AND PEOPLE-LOVING LEADER IN WORLD HISTORY ALONGSIDE JESUS CHRIST. OF THIS FACT ALL TRUE GERMANS SHOULD FEEL A HUMBLE PRIDE.

Did you not see the proof?

2a416a052d7675088eaaa94b01b17b462.jpeg?w

By saying that they don't believe it exists, but admitting that they don't know for 100% certain?

so you believe god does not exist yet you also believe that it is unknowable if he does or does not exist ? So tell me apart from the periodic table what are you certain of ? In a simmiliar discussion another member claimed that there are only 200 "things" we are certain of ,most of those are the elements that make up the periodic table

that is incorrect mate ,I suggest you check my posting history, I am among the few posters that start science based threads. Are you condemning me because I do not contribute to the endless shooting threads and threads that bag America ? As I have stated so many times religion has had a profound effect on my life , my talking about it is a form of self therapy.

Not condemning you. You asked me what I thought Luciferase meant after I said "she is only saying what quite a few people are thinking." That's it. I don't actually care.

That's nice..what do you usually order at Starbucks? I love the skinny caramel macchiato or half sweet white mocha. This one guy wrote down his number once with the caramel drizzle but it sunk in before I saw all of it.

Do you think youre a qt? What was she out of 10?

i don't really go to starbucks, i'm cheap and always have stuff at home to make rly good drinks. 'half sweet white mocha' sounds pretty good, i like anything with mocha in its description unless its a female. but i was out of supplies, and nothing else was open, and there's a starbucks like three minutes down the street and i was waking by anyway so i figured i may as well go in. she was probably an 8.5/10, but the fact that she laughed at my jokes boosts her up to a 9. if she was only laughing at my joke because that is what she does as a good customer service representative, then that probably drops her down to a 7.5. mnaybe even a 7.

that was a pretty sweet (get it?) move with the caramel drizzle. i guess in doing it that way he is protecting himself from the prospect of rejection because if women do not call him back, he can just assume that the caramel got messed up too fast. it is ego-protection, kind of. but there's also the dangers of repeat customers, because what if you went back in there the next day? i wonder if he would pull the same move. i sometimes envy men who are bold enough to do that, but maybe its not even that bold, because its so indirect. he isn't really "Putting himself out there" now is he? did he ever service you again? i imagine he cant pull that move on many women, otherwise a he would get fired because that could be alienating for some customers and i don't think many managers would want to tolerate that. bad for business. so maybe you were the only one he tried it on, so maybe you should feel special.\

maybe he's thinking of you right now

#suhsuhsuhmmmertime sadness

so you believe god does not exist yet you also believe that it is unknowable if he does or does not exist ? So tell me apart from the periodic table what are you certain of ? In a simmiliar discussion another member claimed that there are only 200 "things" we are certain of ,most of those are the elements that make up the periodic table

I don't know for certain if God doesn't exist, but I do know that he doesn't :bigblush:

Well, the reason I think it's not known for sure is because the term "god" has a myriad of different meanings to different people. We can be pretty close to 100% certain that the literal (ie. created the Earth in 7 days 6000 years ago) Abrahamic god doesn't exist because it contradicts so much evidence that we have. Some other god constructs are more vague and difficult if not impossible to falsify, so we can't dismiss their possibility as easily, even though I think the arguments presented for their existence have been less than satisfactory.

As for what I'm certain of, the length of the list really depends on the definition of "certain".

Agnostic%252520v%252520Gnostic%252520v%2

Atheist means someone who doesn't hold a belief in a god. So for example, I am an agnostic atheist. I don't hold any beliefs in any deities (atheist), but I don't claim to hold knowledge about that (agnostic).

This is a genuine question out of curiosity and not an attempt at being a smart-ass, but does this chart apply only to those rooted in the Judaic/Christian/Muslim traditions?

Where would Taoists fall under that chart (if at all)? Or polytheists like Hindus?

This is a genuine question out of curiosity and not an attempt at being a smart-ass, but does this chart apply only to those rooted in the Judaic/Christian/Muslim traditions?

Where would Taoists fall under that chart (if at all)? Or polytheists like Hindus?

Nope, it'd be applicable for everyone. As far as I know, Taoists could be either atheists or theists. Some believe in gods and some don't. I don't really know much about Taoism, though, so I might be wrong. Polytheists are a subset of theists, so Hindus would fall into the theist category.

Archived