The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian ministry quotes Adolf Hitler on billboard

Nope, it'd be applicable for everyone. As far as I know, Taoists could be either atheists or theists. Some believe in gods and some don't. I don't really know much about Taoism, though, so I might be wrong. Polytheists are a subset of theists, so Hindus would fall into the theist category.

Well, Taoism doesn't involve any kind of deity, so I guess it's a form of atheism. However, I'm not sure whether it'd be gnostic or agnostic, since the Tao Te Ching doesn't really address the question or attempt to.

money.jpg?w=620

Sadly in the eyes of billions this is the one true God.

The #1 reason people hate America ! The #ONE reason, is because of our religion. Americans worship money ! We worship money ! Separate God from schools, separate God from work, separate God from Government, but on your money it says IN GOD WE TRUST !

1in_god_we_trust.jpg

Well, the reason I think it's not known for sure is because the term "god" has a myriad of different meanings to different people. We can be pretty close to 100% certain that the literal (ie. created the Earth in 7 days 6000 years ago) Abrahamic god doesn't exist because it contradicts so much evidence that we have. Some other god constructs are more vague and difficult if not impossible to falsify, so we can't dismiss their possibility as easily, even though I think the arguments presented for their existence have been less than satisfactory.

As for what I'm certain of, the length of the list really depends on the definition of "certain".

The thing that strikes me about the Abrahamic God is that he was born in fear and concieved in bondage . The people who came to believe in him rationalised their bondage as a punishment from said god for not believeing in him, that is some pretty messed up logic.

Are you reasonably certain that the Big bang Happened , I am .

In believing this i am trusting other people who have discovered this "fact " and the information they have presented to back up their claims.

What formed the elements to enabled the big bang to happen ? Or did something come from nothing ?

How far back do we go to a point when there was nothing and then there was something ?

Can you be reasonably certain that there was not a being created the elements that enabled the big bang to happen and that even at this stage of our development that being would seem to have godlike powers , using the descriptor as a being that has great strength , knowledge and power ?

With the information we have to work with not much is black or white eh brother , just an infinite amount of shades of grey.

While i will never pretend to have the intellect of an astro-physicist , it seems to me that there is more evidence that supports the current big bang theory.

www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/tech/innovation/big-bang-gravitational-waves/

While i will never pretend to have the intellect of an astro-physicist , it seems to me that there is more evidence that supports the current big bang theory.

www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/tech/innovation/big-bang-gravitational-waves/

No, there isn't. The big bang has been flawed from the get go, it's just been the best theory that fits the data. The areas where it didn't we ignored. I mean prior to quantum mechanics, the theory of relativity didn't always work either. We just figured we'd come up with answers eventually.

So what are the limitations of the Big Bang theory? The singularity is one of them. Also, it’s hard to predict why it would have produced a universe that has an almost uniform temperature, because the age of our universe (about 13.8 billion years) does not give enough time — as far as we can tell — to reach a temperature equilibrium.

Most cosmologists say the universe must have been expanding faster than the speed of light for this to happen, but Ashford says even that theory has problems: “The Big Bang was so chaotic, it’s not clear there would have been even a small homogenous patch for inflation to start working on.”

And, frankly, this theory explains how multiple non-physical dimensions exist in a 3 dimensional universe. The big bang has never explained how a linear passage of time came to be but if this theory is correct, then linear time exists because the physical time was collapsed by the 4d black hole.

Exactly.

If you can't quote one of the greatest monsters in human history to promote peace and love and God, who can you quote?

You cracked me up! .. it sent me scrambling to find my dog-eared copy of "The Collected Love Poems of Joseph Stalin"

No, there isn't. The big bang has been flawed from the get go, it's just been the best theory that fits the data. The areas where it didn't we ignored. I mean prior to quantum mechanics, the theory of relativity didn't always work either. We just figured we'd come up with answers eventually.

And, frankly, this theory explains how multiple non-physical dimensions exist in a 3 dimensional universe. The big bang has never explained how a linear passage of time came to be but if this theory is correct, then linear time exists because the physical time was collapsed by the 4d black hole.

If there is more evidence to back up this new theory present it

According to the CERN website most astro-physicists accept the big bang theory.

June 04, 2014 Massive Burst of Light Soon After Big Bang Just Reached Earth

Intense light from the enormous explosion of a star more than 12 billion years ago — shortly after the Big Bang — recently reached Earth and was visible in the sky. Known as a gamma-ray burst, light from the rare, high-energy explosion traveled for 12.1 billion years before it was detected and observed by a telescope, ROTSE-IIIb, owned by Southern Methodist University SMU physicists report that their telescope was the first on the ground to observe the burst and to capture an image, said Farley Ferrante, a graduate student in SMU’s Department of Physics, who monitored the observations along with two astronomers in Turkey and Hawaii.

Full article

www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/06/gamma-ray-burst-after-big-bang-just-reached-earth.html

If there is more evidence to back up this new theory present it

According to the CERN website most astro-physicists accept the big bang theory.

June 04, 2014 Massive Burst of Light Soon After Big Bang Just Reached Earth

Intense light from the enormous explosion of a star more than 12 billion years ago — shortly after the Big Bang — recently reached Earth and was visible in the sky. Known as a gamma-ray burst, light from the rare, high-energy explosion traveled for 12.1 billion years before it was detected and observed by a telescope, ROTSE-IIIb, owned by Southern Methodist University SMU physicists report that their telescope was the first on the ground to observe the burst and to capture an image, said Farley Ferrante, a graduate student in SMU’s Department of Physics, who monitored the observations along with two astronomers in Turkey and Hawaii.

Full article

www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/06/gamma-ray-burst-after-big-bang-just-reached-earth.html

So you're only defense is it's accepted. No shit the big bang is accepted. This new theory is less than a year old.

Let me know when you can address the actual issues I raised. If you can't then you really have no business discussing this with me cause you understand neither theory.

Say what you will, but Hitler was a very intelligent individual.

If he was a decent human being and not so bloody evil he could have been a well renowned influential leader, and would probably be a widely quoted figure.

Yup .. and lets admit it .. that fella could downright 'paint pictures' with his words and brush .. obviously not developed properly.

The thing I have the hardest time with regarding Hitler is:

How did everyone fall for this balding, black haired, black eyed, short guy's bull about the blonde haired, blue eyed arayan race's superiority?

So you're only defense is it's accepted. No crap the big bang is accepted. This new theory is less than a year old.

Let me know when you can address the actual issues I raised. If you can't then you really have no business discussing this with me cause you understand neither theory.

Wow - you believe i do not have the right to discuss this with you because you think i fail to comprehend what you are telling me.

Rather than enlighten me you try to ridicule me.

It is now obvious you do not want to "discuss" anything you just want to ram the theory you believe in down others throats, and thats is all we have at the moment - Theories.

As I have stated , In believing the big bang happened I am trusting others and the information they have presented , I also stated that i do not have the intellect { or knowledge} of an astro-physicist.

I am aware that the big bang theory is not the only model consistent with the information available, it is only the most popular one.

As astro-physicist George .F.R Ellis stated people need to be aware that there are a range of models that could explain the observations, "For instance i can construct you a model spherically symmetrical universe with earth at it's center and you cannot disprove it based on observations, you can only exclude it on philosophical grounds , in my view there is nothing wrong with that.

What i want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. a lot of cosmology tries to hide that".

Say what you will, but Hitler was a very intelligent individual.

If he was a decent human being and not so bloody evil he could have been a well renowned influential leader, and would probably be a widely quoted figure.

A lot of people realize the man was very intelligent. And what you say is true.

But genocide of approximately six million Jews in systematic state-sponsored murder, along with the murders of millions of Russian and Polish civilians kinda skewed the way we see Hitler now.

Oh yeah, the Nazis killed homosexuals also.

But yah, Hitler was intelligent. Good point.

Archived