crow

and gulutzan

Would be the dream team.

It just seems weird.

Lets see...

2010- Crawford coaches Dallas, Dejardins Associate

2011- Gulutzan promoted to Dallas, Dejardins Associate, Jerrard Assistant

2012- Gulutzan coaches Dallas, Jerrard Assistant. Dejardins coaches Texas

2013- Dejardins coaches Texas. Gulutzan hired as Assistant in VAN, Jerrard hired as Assistant in Utica

We need to send Dallas a fruit basket or something.

It just seems weird.

Lets see...

2010- Crawford coaches Dallas, Dejardins Associate

2011- Gulutzan promoted to Dallas, Dejardins Associate, Jerrard Assistant

2012- Gulutzan coaches Dallas, Jerrard Assistant. Dejardins coaches Texas

2013- Dejardins coaches Texas. Gulutzan hired as Assistant in VAN, Jerrard hired as Assistant in Utica

We need to send Dallas a fruit basket or something.

Yea it all fits.

I personally cant believe how well it would work willie first time hc with crow and gulutzan ex hc's helping him learn the game.

Sounds like we would have 3 head coaches get er done jim.

Lol. Who really cares?

And yes, we all know that Crawford is just dying to exit the pros and coach in the juniors.

Yeah who really cares where we get our players from? I know let's draft guys from beer leagues instead!

Crawford isn't a lock to get an NHL head coaching gig.

Dale Hunter gave up on coaching the Capitals to go back to junior. (Admittedly he's part owner so he has a stake in it)

I'm sorry but Crawford would be a great fit for the Vancouver Giants in my opinion. That's all. If he takes it, that's up to him.

What are you his agent?

I like Crawford a lot, but I'd rather see him as a commentator than have him coaching the Nucks again.

Other than winning the cup 18 years ago (with an incredible team) , his record is quite awful. In 15 seasons as an NHL coach, his teams did not make the playoffs 7 times and lost in the 1st round 5 times. Sorry, but 12/15 misses and near misses is pretty poor.

There's a reason he hasn't been an NHL coach since 10/11.

Canucks need a fresh start; not a retread.

Hmmm, I think making the playoffs is making the playoffs regardless if its one and done it can't be taken away that he made the playoffs.

Also to be fair I thought LA & Dallas were both going through their growing pains and weren't exactly powerhouse teams when he coached them.

The fact is the fans as well as GM & Owner want the team to play an uptempo game, I can't remember crow playing a boring style of hockey. They want a guy who is a teacher & strong communicator as before Crow brought along some solid talent while he was here (truthfully I don't recall much of who LA or Dallas had during his tenure, I know Kopitar was playing for LA but I forget the supporting cast).

I respect the fact that at one time this guy won the cup but it wasn't beneath him to go over seas to learn more as a coach & hey it actually doesn't hurt that he won it (have to assume he wasn't coaching a team like the avalanche over there).

It would be cool to have Stevens or Desjardins but I won't be disappointed if they did go with Crow. At least its pretty justifiable to give him a second go round with the team (I wouldn't consider it a novelty etc)

Wow if we hired crow back it would be a desperate move by management. Most people learn from mistakes and Mark was ok in Vancouver but really lets not take two steps back I want new blood. Sure he has a run and gun approach but i want a team that can score alot and defend too and he doesn't bring that aspect too the table in Vancouver. Maybe a assistant coach or special teams coach for the power play maybe but nothing more, not a head coach.

I don't know if it really matters who is the head coach as long as you put those three guys Crow, Willie and Stevens together as our coaching staff.

Then again Willie, Stevens and Gulutzan is not too shabby either.

Stevens Crow Gulutzan

Stevens Willie Gulutzan

Willie Stevens Gulutzan

Willie Crow Gulutzan

Crow Stevens Gulutzan

Crow Willie Gulutzan

Crow Stevens and Willie :) LOL

You know im really not worried who TL and JB hires as our next head coach.

Crawford as an assistant is a great idea. He can run the practices and shut up with that squeaky voice on the bench during games.

A head coach is like a Jockey. If the horse does not have the legs, the coach can't make it run faster. Teams must have the thoroughbreds to win in todays game and the Canucks are two legs short of being a thoroughbred.

Archived